IGNORED

A player you wish still played for us

Sturny

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

Bob Taylor

Always remember him ghetting clattered at home to Crewe near the end of the season - I'm sure he scored a hat-trick that game, but the injury ruled him out for the run in and those pesky neighbours from Bath beat us to the title. Whatever happened to them?

Just now, Sleepy1968 said:

He scored a shedload of goals with us. Granted, you'd never see him warm up before an away game ...

His goals per game record was about the same as Akinbyi !!!

Both missed shed loads of chances 

Big difference for me was AA gave 100%

Gutted we didnt have a sell on for Cole but was happy when he left

2 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

Think the players I miss the most from recent times would be:

Joe Bryan

Bobby Reid

Tammy Abraham

Aden Flint

Yeah, Bobby Reid in *that* season. He seemed to be on another level. Was doing the work of three players: I'm sure that's why his scoring tailed off and we ultimately failed to get in the play-offs.

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Always remember him ghetting clattered at home to Crewe near the end of the season - I'm sure he scored a hat-trick that game, but the injury ruled him out for the run in and those pesky neighbours from Bath beat us to the title. Whatever happened to them?

Yeah cost us the title almost certainly.

Have never quite got over Jimmy Lumsden shipping him out for £300k.

Anyone from the 89/90 promotion team. But especially Robbie Turner. Taylor had the goals and thighs, but Turner had the hold up play and elbows sharp enough to get to the front of the Argos counter. (Yes kids, there wasn’t any tickets being called 30 years ago, it was shove to the front and wave your receipt around).

2 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

His goals per game record was about the same as Akinbyi !!!

Both missed shed loads of chances 

Big difference for me was AA gave 100%

Gutted we didnt have a sell on for Cole but was happy when he left

Didn't realsie on the goals front - I'm just going from a dodgy memory. I do remember being surpised when Newcastle came in foir him, but he was a goalscorer if nothing else. Agreed on your 100% point. Thinking about it, I'd have plenty of players back before AC.

For myself can I say The Chief. Not because he was the best player, but he always gave 100% and was good enough to retain a Second Tier club long after we returned to the Third Tier. And to spite all the Allison haters. **** 'em.:)

Oooh, and Colin Cramb. Joking. Obvs.

8 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Yeah cost us the title almost certainly.

Have never quite got over Jimmy Lumsden shipping him out for £300k.

One seasn he was worth £500k and the next half that. West Brom got the bargain of the century that's for sure.

There’s quite a few I could mention but one springs to mind, Andy Cole. I can remember watching him play for City when he was on loan from Arsenal. He had the knack of being able find the spot to score. You could tell he was good but I didn’t realise how good until he went to Newcastle. He scored goals for fun up there!

Archived