IGNORED

A player you wish still played for us

Sturny

1 hour ago, WOODSY1111 said:

Akinbiyi!

Me too.

Looking at what we lack, having a bloke up front who was brilliant in the air, quick, strong & who scored 19 in a side that finished rock bottom, would be a massive plus.

If not, then Wayne Allison who did a brilliant job for us alongside some real mediocrity (Baird & Robinson).

Otherwise Tom Ritchie, who scored more goals for City at the highest level in the last 100 years than anyone else.

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Me too.

Looking at what we lack, having a bloke up front who was brilliant in the air, quick, strong & who scored 19 in a side that finished rock bottom, would be a massive plus.

If not, then Wayne Allison who did a brilliant job for us alongside some real mediocrity (Baird & Robinson).

Otherwise Tom Ritchie, who scored more goals for City at the highest level in the last 100 years than anyone else.

Never feel Ritchie quite gets the credit he deserves on here.

Best defenders I've seen - Caulker. Webster. Taylor. Carey. Bryant, Scott. Barnard, Bikey, Bryan, Ribeiro (before injury)

Best mid - Tins, Murray, the Ridge, Nick Carle (for about three games), Albert

Best attacker - Tammy, Maynard, Goater. Bobby, Ade, Trundle

Would take any/all of them for the team now. Tammy would probably be most useful to us at moment.

Who do we NEED right now? Of the ones I've seen in my lifetime, I'd say we needed someone like Tammy, Cole or Super Bob.

Who would I love to see play? I might go left field (sic) and say Martin Scott or Mickey Bell. Or perhaps a winger, Albert? Or a hard as nails CM, say Ivan Testimetanu (sp???)

11 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

Andy Cole with us = No thank you

Andy Cole with ManUtd  = Yes

Seriously? First time I watched him, I was stunned. I knew immediately there was no way we could keep him. I remember him destroying Luton at their place, and a Luton fan saying to me after "that kid Cole is absolute class"

11 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

For myself can I say The Chief. Not because he was the best player, but he always gave 100% and was good enough to retain a Second Tier club long after we returned to the Third Tier. And to spite all the Allison haters. **** 'em.:)

Oooh, and Colin Cramb. Joking. Obvs.

"Hey, Wayne, see that barn door? See if you can hit it with this ball...oh, OK, have another go...OK, another go...oh, forget it..."

Utter dogshit.

29 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

"Hey, Wayne, see that barn door? See if you can hit it with this ball...oh, OK, have another go...OK, another go...oh, forget it..."

Utter dogshit.

Bad enough to score twice against Liverpool, a hat trick against Birmingham at home, to score 15 league goals in a season playing up front for an Osman side (the next highest was 6), when his “support” was Ian Baird & Liam Robinson (who got 9 between them).

Wayne had a very long career at Championship level after us at Swindon & Huddersfield, Marcus Stewart said he was the best strike partner he had.

What would Stewart know, eh? He was only the top English goal scorer in the Prem once at Ipswich..

Dogshit? That’s your original statement.

Archived