IGNORED

EFL cup tonight

Lanterne Rouge

41 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

FGR one up at Brentford

I really don't think Brentford would be too upset at being you of the EFL Cup early doors.

I've got my eye on WBA v Arsenal tomorrow though. If WBA put a strong team out then I seriously think they could win to nil and absolutely pile the misery onto the Gunners.

5 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

These fixtures make me realise how much I really don't mind that we are already out of this competition

Not for me, rather be in than out, that run to the semi final will live long in the memory as does the previous one when we lost to Forest.

1 minute ago, mozo said:

You've heard something, haven't you Dave?! Tell me you have Dave! Tell me!!!

Nope.  I’m not ITK.

Im no different to a lot of posters on here who hear stories 3rd, 4th, 5th hand….that’s not ITK.

As for Charles, I’ve no idea.  Part of me would like it to be true, the other part of me is having Woodrow deja vu.

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Nope.  I’m not ITK.

Im no different to a lot of posters on here who hear stories 3rd, 4th, 5th hand….that’s not ITK.

As for Charles, I’ve no idea.  Part of me would like it to be true, the other part of me is having Woodrow deja vu.

Yeah but some people's 3rd hand is better than mine which is literally my mates telling me a rumour that I told them in the first place!

If we had 700k to 1.5m to spend on a player we'd be better off signing an up and coming right back imo, then choosing which of the 4 younger strikers we have can be a part of the 1st team picture. Even if Wells left.

Atkinson was our priority, and right back should be next for me. Maybe...Maybe...Vyner will learn that role. I doubt it, but he might. But it could be a testing season for the fans having to be patient with him, just as we'd have to be patient with Janneh or Bell, for example.

22 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I've got my eye on WBA v Arsenal tomorrow though. If WBA put a strong team out then I seriously think they could win to nil and absolutely pile the misery onto the Gunners.

WBA make 11 changes. I'm livid. 5 debutants when Arsenal are right there for the taking.

9 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Sounds like Arsenal are desperate for any sort of win.

When they've had the results they've had so far, and have Man City at the weekend I can understand Arteta wanting to ensure a win tonight.

9 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Shame, I was looking forward to the WBA game

Same.

Just now, weepywall said:

Can't understand West Brom fielding a reserve side against Arsenal, I wouldn't be happy if City did that, quite a winnable game I would have thought.

I'd be fuming if we were top of the Champ - relatively easily - and up against a lacklustre Arsenal side who wouldn't know confidence if it stripped naked in front of them and we put out our equivalent of the team WBA have gone for. Hey look they may yet win, but you've got to say it's clear where the priorities are.

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

When they've had the results they've had so far, and have Man City at the weekend I can understand Arteta wanting to ensure a win tonight.

Same.

I'd be fuming if we were top of the Champ - relatively easily - and up against a lacklustre Arsenal side who wouldn't know confidence if it stripped naked in front of them and we put out our equivalent of the team WBA have gone for. Hey look they may yet win, but you've got to say it's clear where the priorities are.

It's fairly typical of a continental manager's approach towards priorities I guess. Ismael will see it as a cup competition that realistically WBA won't win, but could add injuries to a squad expected to get promotion from this league.

Generalisation of course but I think an English manager who understands what it means for the fans to take a scalp like Arsenal wouldn't be so pragmatic about it. 

Archived