IGNORED

AWOL Posters

Phileas Fogg

The @havanatopia thread bought about the topic of posters who haven't posted for a while..

Didn't want to discuss this on the thread as it should be primarily for tributes to Havanatopia. It did get me thinking however..

What posters are there that used to be regulars that appear to have just stopped posting?

Off the top of my head I can think of Cynic (appears the account no longer exists), @edson, @Esmond Million's Bung, @Aizoon, @WhistleHappy, Red Goblin(?), @badger08/@jesus @BobBobSuperBob and @reddogkev.

I am sure there are plenty more - any I'm missing?

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

The @havanatopia thread bought about the topic of posters who haven't posted for a while..

Didn't want to discuss this on the thread as it should be primarily for tributes to Havanatopia. It did get me thinking however..

What posters are there that used to be regulars that appear to have just stopped posting?

Off the top of my head I can think of Cynic (appears the account no longer exists), @edson, @Esmond Million's Bung, @Aizoon, @WhistleHappy, Red Goblin(?), @badger08/@jesus @BobBobSuperBob and @reddogkev.

Was told @badger08 passed away. 

21 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Last I heard was that @edson was in Norwich, teacher I think (maybe @TomF can confirm).

As for Cynic, I am alive and kicking. Cancelled my account a few years ago, took about a year off, and came back a couple of years ago under this unimaginative name. 

I can think of loads that are not on here now (more's the pity) from over 20 years ago.

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Where did @Harry go? After years railing against Ashton he disappeared about a month after he finally got his wish. Thought he'd have been pretty interested over the summer with the recruitment etc.

Last I saw he was arguing on the covid thread, and then just stopped posting.

Caught up with @Harry against Villa. He’s doing well. Did mention the forum just said having a break. Sound as a pound 

4 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Where did @Harry go? After years railing against Ashton he disappeared about a month after he finally got his wish. Thought he'd have been pretty interested over the summer with the recruitment etc.

I saw him on the weekend, he's having a new kitchen fitted don't you know!

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

How about RedTop ? Used to write for The Sun if I recall

Dominic Mohan I believe, busy boy these days;

https://www.google.com/search?q=dominic+mohan&rlz=1C1VDKB_en-GBGB931GB931&oq=dominic+mohan&aqs=chrome..69i57j46i512j46i199i465i512j0i22i30l2j0i10i22i30.3938j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

There was another journalist who was editor of Which magazine who is sadly no longer with us @Martyn Hockinghttps://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/oct/25/martyn-hocking-obituary

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Enthusiastic poster and occasional matchday thread starter @Septic Peg stopped visiting 6 months ago

Ah wondered why matchday threads aren't the same. Obviously a big loss of @havanatopia , wonder if Peg knows?

Do hope a lot just come back signed out and read. Or have changed names. 

To be honest the forum hasn't been great over the past few years with the football, politics etc. Hope everyone are well and happy.

1 minute ago, Selred said:

Ah wondered why matchday threads aren't the same. Obviously a big loss of @havanatopia , wonder if Peg knows?

Do hope a lot just come back signed out and read. Or have changed names. 

To be honest the forum hasn't been great over the past few years with the football, politics etc. Hope everyone are well and happy.

Yep, the politics forum is poison imo, posters fall out on there and bad feeling continues over on the football forum.

Best to fight off the temptation to post on there at all costs!!

37 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

@HarryIS Mark Ashton! ?

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, the politics forum is poison imo, posters fall out on there and bad feeling continues over on the football forum.

Best to fight off the temptation to post on there at all costs!!

I have never been in there probably because of that reason. I try not to argue politics to much anyway as I live in The Heartland of Trumpism and these ***** have guns, lots and lots of guns.

People get burned out in here because of the bickering rancor and the downright nasty posts that are deemed an acceptable way of conducting ones self from behind a keyboard. 

I have dealt with it by using the ignore button gradually weeding out the knobwits until I liked having discussions with people who weren’t that concerned with the last word or posting thinly veiled personal shots, usually with the intent of making themselves feel smarter than the other guy. 

Advice is when you have weeded out the chaff this place can be a decent read!

23 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

There was another journalist who was editor of Which magazine who is sadly no longer with us @Martyn Hockinghttps://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/oct/25/martyn-hocking-obituary

Martyn was my brother - good to see people remember him. Would have had much to say about the current situation! Sadly just missed out on the Cotts era which he would have loved.

As an investigative journalist he was good at asking the innocent question that sparks a reaction - one such question was his legacy to this forum...one of the more classic threads - 'Supporters Club v Gary Johnson' ?

42 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Removed as see Redtop wasn’t DM. 

Archived