IGNORED

AWOL Posters

Phileas Fogg

Just now, Sleepy1968 said:

That would be the $ky game when *Barry Bannon scored from inside his own half, and it was claimed our goalie was looking at fireworks. It wasn't that long ago waht it? A few years?

*Steve Sidwell

Placing Bannon in a team he didn’t play for so he scored a worldie is almost Robbored levels of man love for that guy.

(Richard O’Donnell was watching the fireworks)

2 hours ago, Taylor10 said:

Yeah I remember both Jordan’s and enjoyed their contributions on here when I first joined. @Brizzle Jordan seemed to go years ago. Not sure when Tiger Tansley last posted.

@TRL went awol for a while and enjoyed his posts also back in the day.

Special mention for @The Jock as well. He was great ?

Thanks Taylor, You must be in a minority of 1 :)

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Red Goblin(?)

I think he became @Mr Mosquito - last visited here Feb 12th. His brother I think was @Cooter - last visited in 2011!

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Kustard was another regular but she hasn’t posted for ages.

18 minutes ago, Judda said:

What happened to Kustard? I was off the forum for years and when I got on again she was gone... did I miss something?

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No idea why she stopped posting………….:dunno:

I still see Kustard in real life. Fulham home game in September I think will be the next one. She just finds it more agreeable living in the real world than in this ludicrous place. And who, frankly, can blame her?

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

*Steve Sidwell

Placing Bannon in a team he didn’t play for so he scored a worldie is almost Robbored levels of man love for that guy.

Thanks, :laugh:. I've always thought it was BB. I suppose age and the fact that they both have an alliterative name (don't worry I googled what repeating initials were called, am not clever) got me.

I can categorically state that I do not have a man crush on BB, though I can't speak for @Robbored

4 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

I still see Kustard in real life. Fulham home game in September I think will be the next one. She just finds it more agreeable living in the real world than in this ludicrous place. And who, frankly, can blame her?

I met Kustard in person several times a few years back but she just stopped posting.

27 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I think the last time I saw him was at a wedding Nov5th , haven't got a clue the year ,but we got spanked at home by BHA ( our goalie had a mare)

Yes, a good guy .

Real encyclopaedic knowledge of football.. if I remember correctly his wife(?) or perhaps wife's father was a City fan hence his interest. He would end up attending a lot of games as a result. Haven't seen him for many years but a genuinely top guy. 

• Admin

Some others that just dropped off the radar

TeePee - I believe he just fell out of love with City and concentrated on holidays

x3widracin - Our enthusiastic American friend who IIRC came to a game and hasn’t been since, maybe it’s better when you don’t witness it first hand….

Purplemonkeydishwasher - no idea what happened to her.

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

He was a weirdo. Definitely still posts under a different name as well. 

Was Lez the one who claimed he was "an intellectual" or was that someone else?

Actually I don't think it was him.. this poster was fairly active (and an obvious troll) 2/3 years ago.. anyone remember them?

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Was Lez the one who claimed he was "an intellectual" or was that someone else?

Actually I don't think it was him.. this poster was fairly active (and an obvious troll) 2/3 years ago.. anyone remember them?

Londoner?

Think he's been back with a new name a few times.

41 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

*Steve Sidwell

The annoying thing about that game was that was the key 1-0 turning point. I know it was 2-0 but we actually started quite well under the lights, crowd was up- Tomlin had a good chance at 0-0 and we were in and around top 6 going into the game.

We lost and we slumped massively, but Tomlin scores the early chance, very different game. Maybe a different season too!

14 minutes ago, miloemily said:

A chap called Arn I think. Had a picture of a lady zipping up her top of I recall correctly.

I’m sure he has a fallout over a deleted post or something? but I thought he was a decent poster

Always thought Arn and the now named Dolman Block B were one and the same poster but maybe there was more than one poster called Arn.

7 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Londoner?

Think he's been back with a new name a few times.

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He/she has but soon gets spotted and then spends the next twenty posts expressing confusion and outrage when someone calls them by a previous user name before disappearing again for a bit.

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

That was Lez

Yep Londoner is the one. Did they then become Lez? They were really odd either way. 

27 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Real encyclopaedic knowledge of football.. if I remember correctly his wife(?) or perhaps wife's father was a City fan hence his interest. He would end up attending a lot of games as a result. Haven't seen him for many years but a genuinely top guy. 

Yes, him and his Mrs used to regularly attend games at AG (and Wembley) ,but I think the arrival of kid(s) put paid to that avenue of pleasure !

27 minutes ago, miloemily said:

A chap called Arn I think. Had a picture of a lady zipping up her top of I recall correctly.

I’m sure he has a fallout over a deleted post or something? but I thought he was a decent poster

Haven't seen Arn for yonks

38 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Some others that just dropped off the radar

TeePee - I believe he just fell out of love with City and concentrated on holidays

x3widracin - Our enthusiastic American friend who IIRC came to a game and hasn’t been since, maybe it’s better when you don’t witness it first hand….

Purplemonkeydishwasher - no idea what happened to her.

He definitely went to the Walsall game at Wembley.

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think people like to "start over" sometimes, especially if they become especially entrenched in one opinion.

I don't even like it when regular posters change their display pictures - I recognise most primarily by display pic. @Davefevs, @Fordy62@Nogbad the Bad, @Kid in the Riot, @RedM, @BigTone, @BS4 on Tour... @chinapig @Monkehcome to mind for display pics - even when you see @Mr Popodopolous' trademark purple "M" you know you've got a good read on FFP to get stuck into. 

No Pirlo, no KITR. 

3 hours ago, lenred said:

I’ve always wondered why people would change their name unless they done something heinous (by forum standards I mean)!  I think knowing who you’re speaking to and their thoughts on different areas in debates really helps and if people keep changing it makes it difficult. You guess right sometimes but also may have ideas about who new names are and be completely off the mark.  

I was ‘ Always the Bridesmaid ‘ as that seemed to sum up the club for me then along came Mr Steve ‘ I am winner ‘ Cotterill with a double bloody winning side and in honour of this success and, what I thought would be , a new dawn I changed my user name. 

There you go , I am sure there are a lot of posters who just change their user names to have a fresh approach to OTIB.

Archived