IGNORED

AWOL Posters

Phileas Fogg

14 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I was ‘ Always the Bridesmaid ‘ as that seemed to sum up the club for me then along came Mr Steve ‘ I am winner ‘ Cotterill with a double bloody winning side and in honour of this success and, what I thought would be , a new dawn I changed my user name. 

There you go , I am sure there are a lot of posters who just change their user names to have a fresh approach to OTIB.

Yeah I’ve no issue with it per se and if they’re the rules then they are the rules, but if you’ve been on the Board a long time it’s good to know who you’re speaking to and what their history is - who’s supported who, who has a broad range of views and who hasn’t (!) etc etc. Just think it builds the picture. No big deal but sometimes just get the feeling people do it to hide previous posts and views which shouldn’t be necessary imho. Obviously if those views stray into lower level behaviour then that’s when people get suspended, banned etc but if not stand by what you have said or apologise if necessary and move on. It’s only a message board. 

24 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I was ‘ Always the Bridesmaid ‘ as that seemed to sum up the club for me then along came Mr Steve ‘ I am winner ‘ Cotterill with a double bloody winning side and in honour of this success and, what I thought would be , a new dawn I changed my user name. 

There you go , I am sure there are a lot of posters who just change their user names to have a fresh approach to OTIB.

I remember you doing that and thought it served as a magnificent accolade for such a wonderful season. 

2 hours ago, 054123 said:

I think I was posting as osh123 then. No internet at home so was abusing he planning inspectorate system ?

Got to love abusing PINSnet*

*I don't actually abuse PINSnet, just in case you happen to still work there or happen to be my boss ?

17 minutes ago, !james said:

Yes might have been on here? @TomF

I have the option - I see a arrow to right of the username on profile page. It might be an admin only setting. Will have a look when I’m back 

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I think he was 13 when he started on here, I think he now works (certainly used to) for BBC Radio Bristol. Brendan ?

It was Brendan. yep, on RB for a while (forced to commentate on Rovers iirc) but moved on to bigger things quite quickly I think.

He also modelled the new City kit for the official site one year iirc.

Works for BBC Sport website, can sometimes be seen doing live text for some events. 

6 hours ago, Red Exile said:

Martyn was my brother - good to see people remember him. Would have had much to say about the current situation! Sadly just missed out on the Cotts era which he would have loved.

As an investigative journalist he was good at asking the innocent question that sparks a reaction - one such question was his legacy to this forum...one of the more classic threads - 'Supporters Club v Gary Johnson' ?

Martyn still much missed around these & associate parts.

In addition to being a terrific journalist lest not forget he still found time to give of his time in organising others to get to matches. The fact many still travel is, too, his legacy.

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

As for Tommy, I hope he’s posting random Swedish (music) videos somewhere. Total city fan and I don’t think he ever meant badly but did suffer a bit of abuse purely because of the spamming level and posting style - which invariably got more random as Friday nights progressed…

When my daughter shaved her bonce for charity last year, Tommy made a very generous donation and even shaved his head himself in support.

Top, top man is Tommy.

7 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Yes Redtop was Brian Flynn.

Surely a lot of the younger ones in 30's and 40's just have other priorities in life at the moment like raising families etc.

I'm informed 'El Prismaticos' (Fourth Estate in joke for his excellent work in exposing Glitter) took the money from The Sun several years back to set up as a property developer in Kent. Word has it if you follow the Isthmian he's occasionally to be seen in the vicinity of Salters Lane.

I wonder if, like me, many people have been shut out after the recent system upgrade. After TomF had fiddled with it for many weeks it seemed, I could only log and log out again - nothing else! I could not reply, post, DM or even pay the OTIB subs! Ages spent in silence.   ?

Are there many more who can't use it still?

• Admin
1 hour ago, !james said:

Yes might have been on here? @TomF

As Tom said, there is, but I haven’t got an ordinary member account to log in as, so can’t tell if it’s an admin setting, have a look at someone who has changed their name and see if you can see the arrow I have circled in this screenshot.

F4DD30FD-EAEA-4A65-B3ED-F3DEDD4F07C8.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

As Tom said, there is, but I haven’t got an ordinary member account to log in as, so can’t tell if it’s an admin setting, have a look at someone who has changed their name and see if you can see the arrow I have circled in this screenshot.

F4DD30FD-EAEA-4A65-B3ED-F3DEDD4F07C8.jpeg

Nope no arrow for me unfortunately!

• Admin

On a slightly different note, I think many people would be surprised how many people that get banned from OTIB set up a new account and subsequently get spotted by the admin team and get banned again. 

There's one user who must easily be in double figures now for usernames and IP addresses being banned 

Archived