IGNORED

AWOL Posters

Phileas Fogg

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

On a slightly different note, I think many people would be surprised how many people that get banned from OTIB set up a new account and subsequently get spotted by the admin team and get banned again. 

There's one user who must easily be in double figures now for usernames and IP addresses being banned 

Kachina? ?

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I should be seeing a mutual friend of Nicks on Friday - I’ll ask then. Not aware of anything that’s happened through the grapevine 

I was only thinking the other day that I had not seen any posts from him for a while - hope all is well.

Not seen him for a long time - a good lad is Nick.

8 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, the politics forum is poison imo, posters fall out on there and bad feeling continues over on the football forum.

Best to fight off the temptation to post on there at all costs!!

Funny how views differ! I enjoy it on there, never felt I’ve fallen out big time with anyone (someone may tell me different!) and certainly never come across threads that descend into people intimating that they meet up for a fight, which I’ve seen on the football forum once or twice. 

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

On a slightly different note, I think many people would be surprised how many people that get banned from OTIB set up a new account and subsequently get spotted by the admin team and get banned again. 

There's one user who must easily be in double figures now for usernames and IP addresses being banned 

They’re just not cunning enough.

E88B1A7C-4C70-41FD-A313-1ADB7533ABC7.jpeg

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

Funny how views differ! I enjoy it on there, never felt I’ve fallen out big time with anyone (someone may tell me different!) and certainly never come across threads that descend into people intimating that they meet up for a fight, which I’ve seen on the football forum once or twice. 

I think the politics forum is a pretty unforgiving place though. You need to really know your stuff (irrespective of persuasion) or there are several on there (myself and yourself included) who will pull you up. Unlike on a football forum where an opinion like “Wells is crap” can be debated, stuff like us having Covid death rates etc are purely factual and when people take the contrary, it becomes a rapidly undefendable position.

I can see why people avoid it. I enjoy it, but that’s because I’m passionate about the subject and read a lot on it. For those with only a passing interest or a totally blinkered opinion irrespective of facts, I can see why it’s better avoided. It’s not nasty, you just really need to know your shit on there.

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

Is he still in prison for fraudulent activities in the equine world?

Believe so. Think it was for more than the equine world, possibly even as far as drawing a few posters in on here. Sure I remember reading that a few had lost money through him.

Utter piece of work. If/when he comes out, wouldn't surprise me if someone "found" him, and "sorted" the problem.

7 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think the politics forum is a pretty unforgiving place though. You need to really know your stuff (irrespective of persuasion) or there are several on there (myself and yourself included) who will pull you up. Unlike on a football forum where an opinion like “Wells is crap” can be debated, stuff like us having Covid death rates etc are purely factual and when people take the contrary, it becomes a rapidly undefendable position.

I can see why people avoid it. I enjoy it, but that’s because I’m passionate about the subject and read a lot on it. For those with only a passing interest or a totally blinkered opinion irrespective of facts, I can see why it’s better avoided. It’s not nasty, you just really need to know your shit on there.

That’s true, but on the other hand most of us on here are Bristol City fans first and foremost and so whether Wells is crap is ultimately far more important than whether Boris Johnson is crap: how we get a home win far more significant than how we beat covid: Cotterill or Johnson far more nuanced than Corbyn or Starmer. ?

19 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Sorry… are you suggesting “Wells is crap” isn’t a fact?

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

That’s true, but on the other hand most of us on here are Bristol City fans first and foremost and so whether Wells is crap is ultimately far more important than whether Boris Johnson is crap: how we get a home win far more significant than how we beat covid: Cotterill or Johnson far more nuanced than Corbyn or Starmer. ?

Correct. ?

What I find fascinating is the commonality between the respective level of analysis on the football and politics forums. I find that those who assess games on a level of “we played well/badly” on here (although they may go into more depth in person) tend to not go too far into the political analysis on that forum. Whereas those who assess games on here at a fairly tactical and nuanced level (and can be very wrong!) also do the same on the politics forum. It’s an indication of personal traits.

I don’t think eithers necessarily the wrong thing to do for a football forum, but I think on a politics forum it naturally errs towards a more analytical approach. And a lot of people don’t want the hassle of that - it’s supposed to be fun after all!

Just now, Fordy62 said:

Sorry… are you suggesting “Wells is crap” isn’t a fact?

Ah but is Wells crap because he’s playing in a position that he’s fundamentally unsuited for and was always going to fail at? Or is he actually crap and it wouldn’t matter if we played him centrally? You can debate that.

Whereas on politics you might say that Johnson is crap because he’s in a position he’s fundamentally unsuited for and was always going to fail at. That’s not debatable (here!!!) ?

21 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Is he still in prison for fraudulent activities in the equine world?

Ahhh maybe not him then. What about the bloke that seemed obsessed with goalkeeping kits and especially the socks. He used to get some stick! Perhaps it’s him (can’t remember their name for the life of me but I’m sure I’m not hallucinating!) 

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Ahhh maybe not him then. What about the bloke that seemed obsessed with goalkeeping kits and especially the socks. He used to get some stick! Perhaps it’s him (can’t remember their name for the life of me but I’m sure I’m not hallucinating!) 

Hopesy???

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Do they get special badges for that on the achievement section of their profile ?

31 minutes ago, lenred said:

Or the bloke that had his drum stick stolen in the EE? Wonder if he’s still looking for it.

6 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

As to absent posters - does anyone know how @Tipps69 is? I know he had some health problems but hope he is ok.

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I should be seeing a mutual friend of Nicks on Friday - I’ll ask then. Not aware of anything that’s happened through the grapevine 

He seems to post quite frequently on the Bristol Live site, so (apart from that) I would assume (and hope) he is OK.

He is probably just exhausted looking after what must now be a very large dog.

2 hours ago, lenred said:

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hopesy???

2 hours ago, lenred said:

That’s him.   Did he not have numerous ‘noms du plume’?! Whatever hope he’s ok as not seen him here for absolute yonks unless he’s here under a different name of course.   

It was indeed Hopesy who seemed to be obsessed with socks, but, for various reasons, it would not be kind to pursue the ridicule he received.

6 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

It was indeed Hopesy who seemed to be obsessed with socks, but, for various reasons, it would not be kind to pursue the ridicule he received.

Agreed about that.

Strangely enough I recall him falling out with @Badger08/@Jesus who I mentioned earlier in the thread about the fan derby game.

58 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Remember when Michael Mcindoe started posting on here- does anyone recall why he was and if it really was him?

Was genuinely him, but yep totally disappeared after he’d plugged his book soon enough. 

We do get members who ask for their account to be deleted as well, as such they quietly disappear off here without fanfare

Archived