IGNORED

AWOL Posters

Phileas Fogg

46 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I remember a few of the older members and there was one called Percy Parrot I think, and one who was amazing at remembering stats called Beano I think.

There was one called Yes Sir who relayed us some inside info now and again and was a relation of the Johnson's I believe.

Was only thinking of Beaner the other day, you could tell him the date of your birthday once and ask him what it was a year later what is was and he could remember. 
not often was he wrong with a football score, I’ve not seen him for probably 10-15 years now, i hope he’s well

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It would be interesting to hear the story behind people's choice of username... especially the non-Bristol City related ones

Real name Marie, but since I was a toddler my nickname has been Dolly/Dolls. Reason being I had a Dolly I carried round in a bag, and everyone called me “Dolly bag lady.”  Other half and step kids call me Dolly, and my mum does too. 

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It would be interesting to hear the story behind people's choice of username... especially the non-Bristol City related ones

I'm an alligator
I'm a mama-papa coming for you
I'm a space invader
I'll be a rock-'n'-rolling bitch for you
Keep your mouth shut
You're squawking like a pink monkey bird
And I'm busting up my brains for the words

And also the name of the horse that won the Grand National in the year that I was born.

30 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's a secret ?

Actually, used to work with a young lady whom I noticed had a Gastards' ruler in the office...turns out she had nicked off her Other Half, who was a Sag, and called Sam. I recall I nicked it or something, and left a post-it from "Secret Sam". Bloody stupid, and not actually funny, really.

My real name isn't Sam.

38 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

That photo of him checking the city score at a rovers game is an absolute classic.

Good bit of self deprecation with him setting it at his profile pic.

It’s credit to him that after it appeared on that YouTube vlog by Aston Villa fans, he could’ve kept quiet about it but instead owned up to being the guy ?

Fair play.

41 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Did you travel around the world in 80 days, or are you the snack-king from the 90s who did those moreish garlic crouton snacks?

20 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

I'm an alligator
I'm a mama-papa coming for you
I'm a space invader
I'll be a rock-'n'-rolling bitch for you
Keep your mouth shut
You're squawking like a pink monkey bird
And I'm busting up my brains for the words

And also the name of the horse that won the Grand National in the year that I was born.

Now humming Moonage Daydream…..ohhhh yeahhhh.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Used to play a game called Tibia when I was a young'un, had the user name Sturnmoivik and became somewhat a popular user on the game. I haven't played in 15 years (It's a very old game, it was made in the 90s) and I still see a couple of mentions/threads about me on their forum. I played a completly different game called Overwatch the other day and got recognised by someone saying "You're using the name of that guy from Tibia". Odd tbh.

And for some reason the name Sturnmoivik was shortened to Sturny by that community and here we are. 

Someone mentioned Barr’s Court Red who was the Moomin Liberation Front when I joined. Wonder if they still post on here with a different name? Good poster.

Don’t know if anyone remembers a Yeovil fan called Russell’s Salad who HAD a very UNIQUE posting STYLE where he WOULD shout different WORDS in HIS posts FOR no apparent REASON?

7 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Used to play a game called Tibia when I was a young'un, had the user name Sturnmoivik and became somewhat a popular user on the game. I haven't played in 15 years (It's a very old game, it was made in the 90s) and I still see a couple of mentions/threads about me on their forum. I played a completed different game called Overwatch the other day and got recognised by someone saying "You're using the name of that guy from Tibia". Odd tbh.

And for some reason the name Sturnmoivik was shortened to Sturny by that community and here we are. 

Wow, there's a game I haven't thought about in a long time! Played Ultima online with my friends instead but it always looked fun.

Good story!

18 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Is Rob Fernandes still around - he used to run the "Rivals" (IRRC) forum back in the day (pre-OTIB???) - think he pops up on OSIB?

I used to post on the Rivals forum, can't remember its name

The days of armchair blue etc

Have a guess Phileas?

Missing members, strange how Michael McIndoe buggered off straight after his book release. Quelle surpise eh?

Arn needs to come back as does BBSB, always enjoyed their views.

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Have a guess Phileas?

Missing members, strange how Michael McIndoe buggered off straight after his book release. Quelle surpise eh?

Arn needs to come back as does BBSB, always enjoyed their views.

Lots of people seemed to be offended by him but I think that was because they didn’t agree with his forthright views on certain personnel as opposed to how he was arguing his points.  Certainly made this place a lot more interesting imho.

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

Lots of people seemed to be offended by him but I think that was because they didn’t agree with his forthright views on certain personnel as opposed to how he was arguing his points.  Certainly made this place a lot more interesting imho.

I don't think it was lots of people but there were several who really took against him and very openly constantly tried to rile him.

Over 27k 'likes' in 19k posts would probably make him the most popular (at least, most agreed with) poster ever on here.

Hope Bob's just taking a break, OTIB is much the poorer for his absence.

In the early 2000s a few weeks before joining the City forum I was asked, elsewhere online, for a user name. I thought of using a name associated with the great City side of 1905-1911, and started with the goalkeeper Harry Clay, although I am not a keeper, the name handsofclay immediately sprang to mind and I thought it sounded good so have kept it ever since.

Archived