IGNORED

AWOL Posters

Phileas Fogg

7 minutes ago, Paul G said:

My name is Paul and my surname begins with G.?

4 minutes ago, Desso said:

Paul Gascoigne. How's it going Paul, still enjoying a glass or two?

As long as it's not Paul Gadd we can all rest easy. 

3 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I wonder if anyone knows somebody on here in real life quite well, without even realising? 

I’m currently lying next to @Arthur Daley in bed. Honest! We met on Twitter due our mutual love (despair) of City. He rarely posts on here, is more of a Twitter man! (Although he’s Mert Brown on there)

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I’m currently lying next to @Arthur Daley in bed. Honest! We met on Twitter due our mutual love (despair) of City. He rarely posts on here, is more of a Twitter man! (Although he’s Mert Brown on there)

Ah we follow each other, I’m under a slightly different alias but not much different  ??

On 25/08/2021 at 17:15, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

‘Casual Connoisseur‘ I think? 

Others I haven’t seen for a while (which tbf doesn’t mean they don’t post on here and may also already be mentioned in this thread)...

Whistlehappy

Taxi for Rennie

Dezgimed

Frampton Balti

Randy Marsh

Vincent Vega

Ciderhider

Ten minutes of Rough

I can confirm @dezgimed is alive and well. 

4 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I wonder if anyone knows somebody on here in real life quite well, without even realising? 

Few people I went to school post on here. Even my brother in law makes reference to the forum but none probably realise who I am on here (that sounds arrogant, it’s not meant to be!)

I also met my wife on here many years ago. Started talking on here, went to a few away games together and rest is history.  20 odd years of suffering ?

Mines in honour of my former longtime-Neighbour Ronald (one armed WWII Vet) who passed 2015 ergo ended up with my current username. Was something of a grandfather figure.

Whenever something went wrong he'd say it was 'fuber'.

Didn't realise it was the military acronym for "****ed up beyond every reason" until I got sat in the corner in school for saying it.

Fun-fact - he lived down the road from Bill Wedlocks Cousins for 20 years after the war.

59 minutes ago, TomF said:

I also met my wife on here many years ago. Started talking on here, went to a few away games together and rest is history.  20 odd years of suffering ?

Poor girl, but she probably doesn't think it's been that bad.  ?

I do love this forum. 

Been kicking around on here since 2009 (which I know is a relatively short existence, irrespective of the exact platform, compared to some) and the vast majority of names and stories being bandied around feel very familiar, despite having no connection to anybody outside of these virtual walls and also due to being pretty low key personally. I did however play in one of those fans derby matches, years ago, reffed by GT, which was great fun.

Plenty of opinions on here but one obvious piece of common ground is what makes it great.  Despite the inevitable disagreements from time to time, every posters ambition (City fans obviously, there are of course exceptions with visiting fans) is ultimately the same.

Archived