IGNORED

AWOL Posters

Phileas Fogg

14 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It would be interesting to hear the story behind people's choice of username... especially the non-Bristol City related ones

Ledereen denkt altijd dat ik een kleine Nederlandse Ajax-fan ben. Ik hou van de club, ze hebben een geweldige geschiedenis en spelen over het algemeen leuk voetbal, maar ik ben geen fan. In plaats daarvan is de naam een verwijzing naar de grootste Griekse held van de Trojaanse oorlog - Ajax de Meerdere.

Het "Exiled" deel - ik denk dat ik duidelijk heb gemaakt dat ik niet langer in het VK woon.

8 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ledereen denkt altijd dat ik een kleine Nederlandse Ajax-fan ben. Ik hou van de club, ze hebben een geweldige geschiedenis en spelen over het algemeen leuk voetbal, maar ik ben geen fan. In plaats daarvan is de naam een verwijzing naar de grootste Griekse held van de Trojaanse oorlog - Ajax de Meerdere.

Het "Exiled" deel - ik denk dat ik duidelijk heb gemaakt dat ik niet langer in het VK woon.

Everyone always thinks I'm a small Dutch Ajax fan. I like the club, they have a great history and generally play nice football, but I'm not a fan. Instead, the name is a reference to the greatest Greek hero of the Trojan War - Ajax the Greater. The "Exiled" part - I think I made it clear that I no longer live in the UK.

Do I get a house point for the translation?

19 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Everyone always thinks I'm a small Dutch Ajax fan. I like the club, they have a great history and generally play nice football, but I'm not a fan. Instead, the name is a reference to the greatest Greek hero of the Trojan War - Ajax the Greater. The "Exiled" part - I think I made it clear that I no longer live in the UK.

I thought it was because he lived abroad and was paying tribute to his favourite cleaning product

35 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Thanks. It was double Dutch to me.

3 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I’d always assumed you took your name from this

83E73D35-8B88-4A62-8AFF-D3DF2A12464C.jpeg

7 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I was thinking, a Greek hero of the Trojan War? Pongo!?

2 hours ago, Thornbury Red said:

Seems a fair few of the fans forum team arent here anymore. Stucider, Granty, Percy Parrot, Edson, East Dundry Red, Big Red Rich, Jon L, Godzilla to name a few. Probably a few others i have forgotten as well.

Stucider, Godzilla are still around here under different names.   BRR fell out of love with the game some time ago. 

But yes hardly enough to make a full subs bench never mind a team 

I know a few on here quite well and a few like TomF and Dollymarie that I recognise but don’t know them to chat to, which is odd as I’ve known them on here and/or Twitter for years and feel I know a lot about them and have momentarily gone to chat then remembered we’ve never actually met.

Then there’s the faces you know well at Ashton Gate that you’ve no idea if they’re on here or not.

Perhaps we should have a day where we all wear an OTIB name badge to a game. 

I’m dying to find out who the bloke next to me is, all he does is moan about the tannoy system!

31 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Tommy and gang should get free beer, in every pub in bs3.

The Swedish boys and their wives would come over and have a good weekend.  I was on a BMI flight (before BMI went bust)over from Gothenburg once, they were very friendly and great fun.

Tommy was already over here waiting for them as he flew from Stockholm, so I didn't meet him unfortunately.

I hope they all manage to get over again soon, they do us proud!  If they do, and you see them about speak to them, they're a good bunch. 

Can someone please let us know.... is Tommy banned from OTIB?

7 minutes ago, 42nite said:

The Swedish boys and their wives would come over and have a good weekend.  I was on a BMI flight (before BMI went bust)over from Gothenburg once, they were very friendly and great fun.

Tommy was already over here waiting for them as he flew from Stockholm, so I didn't meet him unfortunately.

I hope they all manage to get over again soon, they do us proud!  If they do, and you see them about speak to them, they're a good bunch. 

Can someone please let us know.... is Tommy banned from OTIB?

Looks like it. Bit of a shame. I always enjoyed his bizarre ramblings.

On 26/08/2021 at 18:07, Curr Avon said:

Until 2010 I was known as Greenun, having written the Fanz View column in said publication. I then took a 4-year break before reappearing as a character from a 1970s sci-fi, and took ages to realise I'd misspelled his name. 

I didn’t know he had a first name!

Kerr Avon

he was fab! Sooo bad 

great programme

Archived