IGNORED

AWOL Posters

Phileas Fogg

26 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Coo, a brick counter! That's another interesting thread idea, OTIB members' jobs...

I’m retired and being retired means you end up doing far more work than when in paid employment, including grandchildren care.  I’d like to list my various jobs but it would take a couple of hours that I haven’t got as I’m busy working on my never ending jobs list. Perhaps I should give up OTIB to free up time 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

And that was the crux of the issue. It's just a football forum about Bristol City, getting angry and emotionally invested to the point of 'offering a few out' isn't appropriate. As mentioned though some clearly tried to provoke him when they realised he could be wound up.

As you've said, he clearly has genuine football knowledge so it's a shame he's taken a break. When we've spoken on PM he's seemed a good guy really who's had a tough time last couple of years.

Think there was some unsavoury stuff on DM, and not necessarily from BBSB.

One of the people I will try and meet up with at AG when the time is right.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Think there was some unsavoury stuff on DM, and not necessarily from BBSB.

One of the people I will try and meet up with at AG when the time is right.

I get that impression too but two wrongs don't make a right. I think there was a bit of a red mist that would descend and things would get out of hand. 

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I get that impression too but two wrongs don't make a right. I think there was a bit of a red mist that would descend and things would get out of hand. 

Indeed. I liked Bob, came across as a good guy who clearly knows his football inside out and his passion for City can't be questioned. Didn't agree with him all the time however he always spoke a lot of sense and had some great stories to tell.

However....I've been on here a long time, and I don't think I've seen anyone who would turn from calm and reasonable to aggressive and hostle as quickly as he did, it could be almost instantaneous. It was like flicking a switch and the red mist would descend. I was never on the end of it myself but saw it often enough. Undoubtedly some people realised this and used it to provoke him, which sounds like it escalated in PMs etc. A real shame.

I thought Bob was brilliant. It’s what a forum and life in general is about.

Hold passionate views and defend them with reasoned arguments and vigour. OK, once or twice he might have overstepped the mark, but he added colour and richness to this forum. He certainly was far more right than wrong in his views on the football imo. 

Miss him and the ‘random’ Swede. 

47 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Wasn't there a poster called 'Benni' or something along those lines, who would defend Magnússon to the death, either his agent or a close mate of his. 

Also adamant 'Brooko' was O'Dowdas old man. 

I don’t think his dad was, but he had family members and friends looking for what people were posting about his son….because he contacted me privately about something I posted!

38 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think Benni was Hörður's Uncle or Dad. Had a few convo's with him on DM.

Yes, me too, might’ve got lost in translation but I thought he might’ve been a close friend “uncle” if that makes sense.

25 minutes ago, tin said:

I know, KITR (or should I say PhatWill?!) ?

Yes, I worked out who he is on twitter!

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I haven’t spoken to him since the end of the season, but pretty sure I’ve heard him call / message Geoff 20Man this season.  He has had a rough time, think both his parents passed away in a short space of time.

I met Bob at AG before the Villa game a few seasons ago….probably one of the most insightful football conversations I’ve had with a football fan.  Bob has a rich football background working with some very big names in the pro game of years gone by…one of them an England manager of more recent times.

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Indeed. I liked Bob, came across as a good guy who clearly knows his football inside out and his passion for City can't be questioned. Didn't agree with him all the time however he always spoke a lot of sense and had some great stories to tell.

However....I've been on here a long time, and I don't think I've seen anyone who would turn from calm and reasonable to aggressive and hostle as quickly as he did, it could be almost instantaneous. It was like flicking a switch and the red mist would descend. I was never on the end of it myself but saw it often enough. Undoubtedly some people realised this and used it to provoke him, which sounds like it escalated in PMs etc. A real shame.

There was one *** on here who called him a gas head.

Well if someone called me that, I would knock the *** out as well.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think his dad was, but he had family members and friends looking for what people were posting about his son….because he contacted me privately about something I posted!

Yes, me too, might’ve got lost in translation but I thought he might’ve been a close friend “uncle” if that makes sense.

Id be so embarrassed if my family got involved in my work. Weird. 

35 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I wonder if anyone knows somebody on here in real life quite well, without even realising? 

When I started working with Joe Morrell’s dad a few years ago, he had a big laugh when he found out I was who I was.

It took me a while to work out who @BS4 on Tour...and @Out of his pie crustwere, but I’ve not worked out who @Scrumptyis, who I think knows me.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

When I started working with Joe Morrell’s dad a few years ago, he had a big laugh when he found out I was who I was.

It took me a while to work out who @BS4 on Tour...and @Out of his pie crustwere, but I’ve not worked out who @Scrumptyis, who I think knows me.

Without giving too much away - I know @Davefevs and @Vespa Red from the real world - there is actually a world away from OTIB - it’s big and scary and way too real ... 

54 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I wonder if anyone knows somebody on here in real life quite well, without even realising? 

I doubt it James. 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Benni was his step dad. 

1 hour ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I've known @GrahamC since my schooldays and @BTRFTG since the days of the London Branch...which goes back decades now...we were young men...

No idea who anyone else is though!

Archived