IGNORED

AWOL Posters

Phileas Fogg

20 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

If I recall correctly, Up The City stopped after a thread on the non-football forum where she was discussing a relationship in Ireland. It got pretty deep and I *think* the thread and relationship didn’t go great for her (prepared to be wrong). I remember the thread because although I know it can be therapeutic to share, it seemed to go over where I’d expect an open forum discussion to go.

As for Tommy, I hope he’s posting random Swedish (music) videos somewhere. Total city fan and I don’t think he ever meant badly but did suffer a bit of abuse purely because of the spamming level and posting style - which invariably got more random as Friday nights progressed…

Yep that sounds about right.

Are these banned I wonder, or just lapsed posting wise- they still seem to login periodically. I believe Red Goblin was possibly banned a while ago but don't recall fully.

1 hour ago, cider-manc said:

ExecutedWolf is still on here under a different username I believe.

‘Casual Connoisseur‘ I think? 

Others I haven’t seen for a while (which tbf doesn’t mean they don’t post on here and may also already be mentioned in this thread)...

Whistlehappy

Taxi for Rennie

Dezgimed

Frampton Balti

Randy Marsh

Vincent Vega

Ciderhider

Ten minutes of Rough

Just now, lenred said:

I’ve always wondered why people would change their name unless they done something heinous (by forum standards I mean)!  I think knowing who you’re speaking to and their thoughts on different areas in debates really helps and if people keep changing it makes it difficult. You guess right sometimes but also may have ideas about who new names are and be completely off the mark.  

I think people like to "start over" sometimes, especially if they become especially entrenched in one opinion.

I don't even like it when regular posters change their display pictures - I recognise most primarily by display pic. @Davefevs, @Fordy62@Nogbad the Bad, @Kid in the Riot, @RedM, @BigTone, @BS4 on Tour... @chinapig @Monkehcome to mind for display pics - even when you see @Mr Popodopolous' trademark purple "M" you know you've got a good read on FFP to get stuck into. 

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Enthusiastic poster and occasional matchday thread starter @Septic Peg stopped visiting 6 months ago.

@Drew Peacock hasn't looked in for over a year.

@Dollymarie I take it Peg is well.  I met Peg at the City Quiz….a great laugh, and very knowledgeable about Queen Victoria!

1 hour ago, Super said:

Where is woodsy these days? You still in touch with him @Fordy62?

Woodsy still on twitter.  I bumped into Tetbury Massive v Blackpool.

4 hours ago, IAmNick said:

Where did @Harry go? After years railing against Ashton he disappeared about a month after he finally got his wish. Thought he'd have been pretty interested over the summer with the recruitment etc.

Last I saw he was arguing on the covid thread, and then just stopped posting.

Could @Harry be Mrs Ashton then?  T’would explain everything. 

56 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think people like to "start over" sometimes, especially if they become especially entrenched in one opinion.

I don't even like it when regular posters change their display pictures - I recognise most primarily by display pic. @Davefevs, @Fordy62@Nogbad the Bad, @Kid in the Riot, @RedM, @BigTone, @BS4 on Tour... @chinapig @Monkehcome to mind for display pics - even when you see @Mr Popodopolous' trademark purple "M" you know you've got a good read on FFP to get stuck into. 

Yeh, all about the pics for me as well. Adding to your list - @Bat Fastard's blobfish is always noticeable, you might get sick of it but we all recognise @Robbored's...noticeable lady friend, and I've always chuckled at @Olé' shameless self-promotion.

As to absent posters - does anyone know how @Tipps69 is? I know he had some health problems but hope he is ok.

3 hours ago, Elmore James said:

Going further back, to 2001, I wonder how many of these posters are around today.

otib-2001.jpg

I think I was posting as osh123 then. No internet at home so was abusing he planning inspectorate system ?

Surely that isnt true about @Badger?

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh, all about the pics for me as well. Adding to your list - @Bat Fastard's blobfish is always noticeable, you might get sick of it but we all recognise @Robbored's...noticeable lady friend, and I've always chuckled at @Olé' shameless self-promotion.

As to absent posters - does anyone know how @Tipps69 is? I know he had some health problems but hope he is ok.

Oh how could I forget @Robbored's pic - must be his artist's impression of one of the the NHS staff he's "snogged" over the years!

Context:

27 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

@Vincent Vega was very worried about his business at the start of last year`s lockdown and then just stopped posting. I hope he`s OK, I used to enjoy his stuff.

If you hover on his name above you'll see he was here last Sunday at 3.48 pm.

3 hours ago, Elmore James said:

Going further back, to 2001, I wonder how many of these posters are around today.

otib-2001.jpg

Percy Parrott, who organised 'Red & White Night' on here, got a job with City. Still there afaik.

Godzilla, who was a very young poster, grew up and got a job in the media. Still posts occasionally under another name I believe.

richieb, who used to have strong opinions on City's kits, upped sticks and went to live in Scotland.

16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Tipps (Nick) and I pm from time to time. Last I heard he was ok.

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Is Rob Fernandes still around - he used to run the "Rivals" (IRRC) forum back in the day (pre-OTIB???) - think he pops up on OSIB?

I used to post on the Rivals forum, can't remember its name

I think he mainly berates @Shtanley whenever he's on, claiming the only reason for that is that Stan can't get anyone else.

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Percy Parrott, who organised 'Red & White Night' on here, got a job with City. Still there afaik.

Godzilla, who was a very young poster, grew up and got a job in the media. Still posts occasionally under another name I believe.

I think he was 13 when he started on here, I think he now works (certainly used to) for BBC Radio Bristol. Brendan ?

richieb, who used to have strong opinions on City's kits, upped sticks and went to live in Scotland.

Always used to look out for his posts, wondered where he'd gone.

I think he was 13 when he started on here, I think he now works (certainly used to) for BBC Radio Bristol. Brendan ?

It was Brendan. yep, on RB for a while (forced to commentate on Rovers iirc) but moved on to bigger things quite quickly I think.

He also modelled the new City kit for the official site one year iirc.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

@Dollymarie I take it Peg is well.  I met Peg at the City Quiz….a great laugh, and very knowledgeable about Queen Victoria!

Woodsy still on twitter.  I bumped into Tetbury Massive v Blackpool.

Life is somewhat hectic for me these days thanks to a certain little monkey keeping me busy, and I’m not in touch with as many people as I used to be, but I’ve facebooked her asking her to check in with her loyal fans. 

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I think the last time I saw him was at a wedding Nov5th , haven't got a clue the year ,but we got spanked at home by BHA ( our goalie had a mare)

Yes, a good guy .

That would be the $ky game when Barry Bannon scored from inside his own half, and it was claimed our goalie was looking at fireworks. It wasn't that long ago waht it? A few years?

Archived