IGNORED

Jack Wilshere - Free Agent

Unan

So I’ve put this in the main forum as it’s not a rumour or a suggestion.

However, I’ve just seen he is still a free agent and has received 0 offers this summer.

What would he have to do for you to take him? Pay as you play? 3k a week?

He has obvious quavers legs, but it seems like such a waste of talent.

21 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

So I’ve put this in the main forum as it’s not a rumour or a suggestion.

However, I’ve just seen he is still a free agent and has received 0 offers this summer.

What would he have to do for you to take him? Pay as you play? 3k a week?

He has obvious quavers legs, but it seems like such a waste of talent.

No one does this.

I feel if anyone could get something out of him it would be Rennie. Ironically one of Jacks worst injuries came while Rolls was at Arsenal.

There's a shock.

Overall would be completely dependant on wages. If we could play him alongside Massengo as cover/rotate with James could be an option.

Would allow us to loan out Bakinson - who I'm not sure suites our current style with regards to the workrate Nige demands off ball.

Would have to see whether his legs are truly shot for ourselves ultimately, and unlikely to happen.

If he proves fitness touch wood with no issue offer a rolling contract to December, citing no injuries and a number of appearances as an auto extension to end of season.

We would have the same concerns as all clubs regarding his injury record and given he would want at least 15 to 20k a week I can't imagine we would take the risk in this financial climate. Massive shame his career has turned out this way as he was phenomenal as a young player and would be somewhere near 100 cap's for England by now based on his talent only.

Only club I can think would give him a deal would be Derby as they need bodies and Rooney would know him but financially they probably aren't in a position to pay him enough.

If you asked me 'Who do you think Nigel Pearson is least likely to sign?' Jack Wilshire would be pretty high on the list.

Can you see him joining in the high press?  Chasing 50 metres to close down the full back after the ball has been cleared from a corner?

Thought not.  Might as well ask if we're going to sign Mbappe.

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Imagine him in a midfield pairing of Wilsher and Liam Walsh though. Imagine seeing that pair every week. You had better imagine it, because you’d never see it. 

I've imagined it.  We made 2 subs within half an hour after being completely overran by a side that stuck a couple of early challenges in.

While it sounds tempting he would just end up another wage sponge who wouldn't bring a huge amount extra at this time.

We desperately need a striker, a right back and a winger, probably in that order of priority.

Signing another central midfielder with injury issues is something we've been doing with alarming frequency over the last two seasons.

Pass.

57 minutes ago, Fuber said:

I feel if anyone could get something out of him it would be Rennie. Ironically one of Jacks worst injuries came while Rolls was at Arsenal.

There's a shock ...

Rolls was on the pitch with him when he sustained the injury was he?! You’re obviously trying to blame Rolls for this injury, so how was he involved?

1 hour ago, Fuber said:

There's a shock.

Rolls was a physio at Arsenal and not even head physio he mainly looked after the french lads, there’s sticks to beat Rolls with but this isn’t one of them. 

1 hour ago, Fuber said:

There's a shock.

Overall would be completely dependant on wages. If we could play him alongside Massengo as cover/rotate with James could be an option.

Would allow us to loan out Bakinson - who I'm not sure suites our current style with regards to the workrate Nige demands off ball.

Would have to see whether his legs are truly shot for ourselves ultimately, and unlikely to happen.

If he proves fitness touch wood with no issue offer a rolling contract to December, citing no injuries and a number of appearances as an auto extension to end of season.

Interesting that Patrick Orme (see Fitness podcast thread) admits they got last season’s pre-season wrong.

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Interesting that Patrick Orme (see Fitness podcast thread) admits they got last season’s pre-season wrong.

Even inspite of that Fevs. We had injury issues with Rolls in that role before last pre season.

Question would be who had final sign off re the decision to not bother with an preseason drill or rota. Wasn't Rolls job title Head of Performance?

So depends if decision came down to one of Orme, Rolls, Holden, or Ashton.

9 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Rolls was a physio at Arsenal and not even head physio he mainly looked after the french lads, there’s sticks to beat Rolls with but this isn’t one of them. 

To be honest I was more pointing towards the fact that Arsenal's physio department was complete bedlam while he was there. At minimum he was part of a bigger issue.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-injury-list-joel-campbell-only-outfield-player-not-be-injured-2015-after-santi-cazorla-ruled-out-a6754366.html

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Rolls was on the pitch with him when he sustained the injury was he?! You’re obviously trying to blame Rolls for this injury, so how was he involved?

Not perhaps to that extent. ?

However Rolls was implicit in a sham of a fitness and conditioning team while he was there.

Who knows what physio dealt with whom?

Ultimately my main point is that Rennie, by comparison (i.e. latters time at Leicester), was much better by comparison.

10 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Even inspite of that Fevs. We had injury issues with Rolls in that role before last pre season.

Question would be who had final sign off re the decision to not bother with an preseason drill or rota. Wasn't Rolls job title Head of Performance?

So depends if decision came down to one of Orme, Rolls, Holden, or Ashton.

Remember the video Rolls did, and Holden interview where it was confirmed that they “designed” pre-season.  Holden at the time was still in caretaker mode, but whatever the share of decision making it was them two.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Remember the video Rolls did, and Holden interview where it was confirmed that they “designed” pre-season.  Holden at the time was still in caretaker mode, but whatever the share of decision making it was them two.

Interesting. May have to give that second viewing.

If I was in Holden's position, I'd likely defer to my "Head of Performance" to know what they're on about. Hypothesising here.

Ultimately we'll never likely know.

12 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

While it sounds tempting he would just end up another wage sponge who wouldn't bring a huge amount extra at this time.

We desperately need a striker, a right back and a winger, probably in that order of priority.

Signing another central midfielder with injury issues is something we've been doing with alarming frequency over the last two seasons.

Pass.

Exactly this. There is nothing Jack Wilshere could do to make me want us to sign him for the simple reason that we have a lot of central midfielders and are short in other positions. Even if he could guarantee being 100% fit for the entire season, any move to sign him would show a complete lack of strategy and further unbalance the squad. 

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

His heart being broken means it's caught up with every other part of his body. Ultimate sick note.

A bit harsh, sick note is usually a dergoratory name for someone lazy and always calling in sick or taking the piss

I'm sure Jack would have preferred never to be injured.

I don't know why football fans choose to be so harsh on players with injury problems. No player wants to be injured

Archived