IGNORED

Ronaldo to Man Utd

Bristol Rob

3 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

I hate the way Man City are ruining football with their dodgy money.

But, making Man U fans cry goes quite a long way to making me hate Man City just a little bit less.

Their ‘dodgy’ money is the same as Chelsea’s, Man U’s, etc etc over the last 20 years. Why single out Man City. 

Just now, Portland Bill said:

Their ‘dodgy’ money is the same as Chelsea’s, Man U’s, etc etc over the last 20 years. Why single out Man City. 

You have a point with Chelsea, Man U's money isn't particularly dodgy though.

I hate most football teams other than Bristol City. Man City's owners are particularly bad though.

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

To be honest if you see how Man City have spent their money aswell you can't help but be mighty impressed. They have one of the best academies in the World now, the stadium is impressive and they play a brand of football everyone would love their team to play. They have built that club to compete with the best in Europe on and off the pitch. Their owner has been brilliant for them and the local area.

I don't have a hate for Man City because weirdly they haven't got that many glory hunting supporters from what I see when I'm out and about, whereas you always see a Man Yoo shirt, a Liverpool or a Chelsea shirt hanging around. 

From the reports it sounds like Man City have decided against it but Man Utd are now leading the race!

Proper crazy transfer window. Messi, Ramos, Donnarumma, Wijnaldum all to PSG on a free. Ronaldo and Mbappe now looking likely to move. Huge fee for Grealish, Kane rumours. Lukaku, Varane, Sancho. Lots of prem teams raiding foreign leagues to good effect too. 

• Admin
34 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

From the reports it sounds like Man City have decided against it but Man Utd are now leading the race!

Proper crazy transfer window. Messi, Ramos, Donnarumma, Wijnaldum all to PSG on a free. Ronaldo and Mbappe now looking likely to move. Huge fee for Grealish, Kane rumours. Lukaku, Varane, Sancho. Lots of prem teams raiding foreign leagues to good effect too. 

Confirmed Man City not interested and confirmed Jorge Mendez has approached Man Utd

12 minutes ago, phantom said:

Confirmed Man City not interested and confirmed Jorge Mendez has approached Man Utd

There's some irony in the move. Easy to make valid comparisons between Man Utd and Juve at the moment, and the Juventus move didn't work out as either party hoped. 

It'll ramp the pressure up on Ole that's for sure!

12 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Fair to argue on his day he's still world class. And his physical shape and speed is still beyond what's expected at his age.

Everything I've read says he's fanatical about keeping himself in shape and looking after his health.

1 hour ago, CheddarReds said:

And yet in the lower divisions, it's very much "As you were"

4 hours ago, 2015 said:

To be honest if you see how Man City have spent their money aswell you can't help but be mighty impressed. They have one of the best academies in the World now, the stadium is impressive and they play a brand of football everyone would love their team to play. They have built that club to compete with the best in Europe on and off the pitch. Their owner has been brilliant for them and the local area.

I don't have a hate for Man City because weirdly they haven't got that many glory hunting supporters from what I see when I'm out and about, whereas you always see a Man Yoo shirt, a Liverpool or a Chelsea shirt hanging around. 

I know a few Man City supporters who were sticking around when they were labouring past Gillingham in the League One play-offs. I'm actually quite pleased for Man City rather than hugely bothered by their success. I also think there is a bit of hypocrisy when you see the money United have splashed in recent seasons. City have spent heavily on promising talent but I think Utd are far more culpable of over-inflating the market with reckless signings. 

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

I know a few Man City supporters who were sticking around when they were labouring past Gillingham in the League One play-offs. I'm actually quite pleased for Man City rather than hugely bothered by their success. I also think there is a bit of hypocrisy when you see the money United have splashed in recent seasons. City have spent heavily on promising talent but I think Utd are far more culpable of over-inflating the market with reckless signings. 

I know a few aswell from that era that still stuck about. This notion that Man City have ‘’no fans’’ and all of them are glory hunters is from mainly people who haven’t got a clue. City were getting 30 k regularly at home in Div 3 back in the days and have always had top support especially considering how successful United have been over the years. I’ve always been happy that they have had their time in the limelight, in fact it couldn’t have happened to a more patient and likeable club than them IMO.

4 hours ago, BS2 Red said:

You have a point with Chelsea, Man U's money isn't particularly dodgy though.

I hate most football teams other than Bristol City. Man City's owners are particularly bad though.

Man Utd don’t have any money!!!!

They are massively in dept 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-debt-glazers-news-20845739.amp

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

I know a few aswell from that era that still stuck about. This notion that Man City have ‘’no fans’’ and all of them are glory hunters is from mainly people who haven’t got a clue. City were getting 30 k regularly at home in Div 3 back in the days and have always had top support especially considering how successful United have been over the years. I’ve always been happy that they have had their time in the limelight, in fact it couldn’t have happened to a more patient and likeable club than them IMO.

Agreed. Easy to say from where we are - but I genuinely would rather (if I had the choice) we would emulate Leicester if it was a choice between be like them or a Man City.

Sure, they’ve spent money too - but it’s proportionate. Them winning the league, and them cementing their status as a genuine top club afterwards, must feel more satisfying to their fans. 

I think it would feel a bit hollow having a team of 300,000k per week players and just picking the world’s best. Again - easy to say from where we are of course. 

Genuinely though, what number would he take? Cavani has the number 7 shirt atm. Ronaldo has worn 7 for his whole career except for the early days at Sporting and for his first season at Madrid where Raul kept 7 and Ronaldo wore 9. He's got that whole "CR7" branding thing as well. I think he'd push pretty hard to get the no.7 shirt back. Can Utd do that now the season has started and squad lists are in?

It might seem trivial but I'd be surprised if it's not part of the conversation.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Genuinely though, what number would he take? Cavani has the number 7 shirt atm. Ronaldo has worn 7 for his whole career except for the early days at Sporting and for his first season at Madrid where Raul kept 7 and Ronaldo wore 9. He's got that whole "CR7" branding thing as well. I think he'd push pretty hard to get the no.7 shirt back. Can Utd do that now the season has started and squad lists are in?

It might seem trivial but I'd be surprised if it's not part of the conversation.

Clearly that's why we've kept the number 7 free. 

• The title was changed to Ronaldo to Man Utd

Archived