IGNORED

Ronaldo to Man Utd

Bristol Rob

2 hours ago, CheddarReds said:

From the reports it sounds like Man City have decided against it but Man Utd are now leading the race!

Proper crazy transfer window. Messi, Ramos, Donnarumma, Wijnaldum all to PSG on a free. Ronaldo and Mbappe now looking likely to move. Huge fee for Grealish, Kane rumours. Lukaku, Varane, Sancho. Lots of prem teams raiding foreign leagues to good effect too. 

But what about Nketiah?

Maybe not so good from an England Team perspective. Once Rashford is fit I just can't see how the likes of Greenwood and possibly Sancho are going to get regular games. Probably affect Greenwood the most and I've always thought he could really come good for England as long as he keeps his United place. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed. Easy to say from where we are - but I genuinely would rather (if I had the choice) we would emulate Leicester if it was a choice between be like them or a Man City.

Sure, they’ve spent money too - but it’s proportionate. Them winning the league, and them cementing their status as a genuine top club afterwards, must feel more satisfying to their fans. 

I think it would feel a bit hollow having a team of 300,000k per week players and just picking the world’s best. Again - easy to say from where we are of course. 

When we won the league 1 a few years back we didn’t care that we had the biggest  budget in the division and we bought everyone’s best players! Fans don’t care as long as they win! 

Would of been more interesting to see him at Man C but great to have him back playing in England regardless.

It's been quite literally history in the making watching him the last 10 years. I'm sure there will be more records to come during this spell.

Can see this being to the detriment of Bruno. When they play together for Portugal, Bruno is non existent. Bruno is the set piece taker, I expect this will change now at Utd. Can't see Bruno being happy at all and he is the player that has dragged Utd back up to what was the 2nd best team in the Premier League last season.

• Admin
47 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

So this brings Utd transfer fees since Solskjaer became manager to over £425m

Seems they are doing everything to make a bang average manager look good

You think it would have been different whoever was their Manager, Ronaldo’s hardly broke any transfer records (although I’m sure his wages will be eye watering, but he isn’t alone in that).

17 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

The quality the two Manchester teams have along with Liverpool and Chelsea is frightening. Could well be the strongest first XI’s in PL history.

(Let’s not talk about Arsenal)

So far as consistent strength and talent across a breadth of teams no other league can hold a candle to the Prem this season.

13 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Can see this being to the detriment of Bruno. When they play together for Portugal, Bruno is non existent. Bruno is the set piece taker, I expect this will change now at Utd. Can't see Bruno being happy at all and he is the player that has dragged Utd back up to what was the 2nd best team in the Premier League last season.

If we remove the hype and we're totally honest it's not the smartest move for United in the long term and could be detrimental in a few ways. 

But stuff removing the hype - today I'm loving it!

35 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Yss their penalties "won" will rise and Ronaldo will take them all making him the top scorer.

Archived