IGNORED

Ronaldo to Man Utd

Bristol Rob

The hate towards Man U can be felt through the screen in this thread!! So far Ronaldo has put Fernandes on the scrap heap, He has dived and won a boat load of penalties and also managed to lose United a ton of money, also he managed to set up a fight with Pogba. All without actually signing yet!!

The truth is that Ronaldo is one of the best players to have ever played the game and will easily help United get closer to the title this season. His signing will generate a good amount of income for United in terms of merchandising and global coverage. He scores goals and always stays fit even for a 36yo. Look past the hate for United and realise this is a good signing for the Premier League and for the club. I also really doubt he was ever contemplating Man City seeing he still had a decent relationship with sir Alex and the club.

2 hours ago, Redstart said:

Maybe not so good from an England Team perspective. Once Rashford is fit I just can't see how the likes of Greenwood and possibly Sancho are going to get regular games. Probably affect Greenwood the most and I've always thought he could really come good for England as long as he keeps his United place. 

They are going to learn so much from him. Its good for the England team.

40 minutes ago, collier said:

The hate towards Man U can be felt through the screen in this thread!! So far Ronaldo has put Fernandes on the scrap heap, He has dived and won a boat load of penalties and also managed to lose United a ton of money, also he managed to set up a fight with Pogba. All without actually signing yet!!

The truth is that Ronaldo is one of the best players to have ever played the game and will easily help United get closer to the title this season. His signing will generate a good amount of income for United in terms of merchandising and global coverage. He scores goals and always stays fit even for a 36yo. Look past the hate for United and realise this is a good signing for the Premier League and for the club. I also really doubt he was ever contemplating Man City seeing he still had a decent relationship with sir Alex and the club.

Do you send him birthday cards?

32 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He'll help improve players around him, not make them worse. 

He's turned into one of the best finishers in world football. 

60 goals in his last 66 games for Juventus.

Very exciting for English football. 

Excellent for England in the form of

Greenwood

Rashford

Sancho

Just to train with him let alone play will help them all massively.

29 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He'll help improve players around him, not make them worse. 

60 goals in his last 66 games for Juventus.

Very exciting for English football. 

Totally agree prem is only for tv for me,but let's be honest it makes english prem best in world and opens up the title now,Chelsea man City man utd Liverpool what other country has teams of this standard and still anyone can beat anyone on their day exciting football season ahead including ourselves we don't know how it will all pan out and we all have a second favourite oh nearly forgot west ham .all great for us footie fans .

1 hour ago, collier said:

Wow that seemed real funny in your head huh? Any intelligent reply to the post or????

Yeah I said it out loud too and it made me laugh. 

Also I've been reading your reply out loud but in an American accent which is making me laugh a lot.

Sorry no offence was intended, I have a very basic sense of humour.

As for an intelligent reply to the post..if you send Ronaldo birthday cards then what about Christmas, Easter, Good luck cards? It's quite a commitment. Some would say it's not even worth it.

7 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

Yeah I said it out loud too and it made me laugh. 

Also I've been reading your reply out loud but in an American accent which is making me laugh a lot.

Sorry no offence was intended, I have a very basic sense of humour.

As for an intelligent reply to the post..if you send Ronaldo birthday cards then what about Christmas, Easter, Good luck cards? It's quite a commitment. Some would say it's not even worth it.

I can't decipher this sorry. No clue WTF you are talking about. Sober up bud it's killing the brain cells.

8 minutes ago, collier said:

I can't decipher this sorry. No clue WTF you are talking about. Sober up bud it's killing the brain cells.

Sorry. I was just explaining that I find my comments funny even if you don't. I then finished up with another ditty about you sending cards to Ronaldo.

Completely appreciate that it's probably not funny to most people.

31 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Spot on,as for Ronaldo himself can’t help but like the lad,likes to test himself while Messi takes the easy route 

Man Utd, Real Madrid, Juventus, Man Utd, not exactly the tough route! 
Messi is a different person, he has a wife and 3-4 kids, he would have quite happily played for one club throughout his whole career. If you class that as the easy route, then so be it, he has nothing to prove to anyone. 

Him and Ronaldo are poles apart as people, one enjoys the hero worship and glamour, one is happy being a genius on the pitch, and enjoying his family off it.

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He's a top goalscorer, no doubt. However he's actually not streets ahead of everyone else in terms of shot conversion, and actually in some seasons his shot conversion % is distinctly average. He's good enough at finishing that when he takes loads of shots he scores loads of goals. Same kind of freak statistics as someone like the late Kobe Bryant in basketball. Bryant scored tons of points, but he also missed the most shots of any player in some seasons.

35 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Messi is a different person, he has a wife and 3-4 kids, he would have quite happily played for one club throughout his whole career. If you class that as the easy route, then so be it, he has nothing to prove to anyone. 

Him and Ronaldo are poles apart as people, one enjoys the hero worship and glamour, one is happy being a genius on the pitch, and enjoying his family off it.

What complete tosh,it is the easy option messi took,he called Barcelona’s bluff and they said bye then,where did he go to prove himself as the greatest player in the world,oh yeah PSG where he will stroll through games 90% of times 

54 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Just to clarify are you saying it’s harder to stay at a club when you had the great Barcelona midfielders and then kick up a storm when things are not great or go to other countries to prove yourself to win things like ronaldo did,both are geniuses let’s be fair but if you are a family man as you say messi is why is he playing for in France and not Spain for let’s say A. Madrid 

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

He's a top goalscorer, no doubt. However he's actually not streets ahead of everyone else in terms of shot conversion, and actually in some seasons his shot conversion % is distinctly average. He's good enough at finishing that when he takes loads of shots he scores loads of goals. Same kind of freak statistics as someone like the late Kobe Bryant in basketball. Bryant scored tons of points, but he also missed the most shots of any player in some seasons.

He takes loads of shots he scores loads of goals is a fabulous comment tbf,made me chuckle,if only we had a player getting in positions constantly to have shots,I’m betting on Wells having 1 shot tomorrow and scoring zilch 

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He takes loads of shots he scores loads of goals is a fabulous comment tbf,made me chuckle,if only we had a player getting in positions constantly to have shots,I’m betting on Wells having 1 shot tomorrow and scoring zilch 

New chant? "He takes loads of shots, he scores loads of goals"

But, seriously, he does take notably more shots than other players, and his conversion rate is actually pretty average.

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

New chant? "He takes loads of shots, he scores loads of goals"

But, seriously, he does take notably more shots than other players, and his conversion rate is actually pretty average.

That’s why statistics are misleading, and the only one that counts for a striker is how many goals they score and for Ronaldo that is most definitely not average!  674 in 897 games at the top top level winning everything you can pretty much as a player (bar the World Cup)

8 hours ago, Dan Robin said:

Past his best and on enormous wages, so probably Man Utd did a favour to Rubentus (another one after overpaying Pogba ? ).

Not a good idea, IMO.

Past his best but still one of the best in the world. Pretty much guaranteed 15-20 goals+. Enormous commercial boost for the club. Winning mentality that'll galvanise the rest of the team. I have no doubt he’ll do well there. 

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

That’s why statistics are misleading, and the only one that counts for a striker is how many goals they score and for Ronaldo that is most definitely not average!  674 in 897 games at the top top level winning everything you can pretty much as a player (bar the World Cup)

Precisely. He scored more goals than Lukaku in the Italian league last season, and he's just been sold for 96 million. He's still absolutely brilliant

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

What's misleading about those figures?

They don't say he's not a great goalscorer. He's just a fairly average finisher who gets himself into position to shoot very very often. He's an incredible player.

Archived