IGNORED

Ronaldo to Man Utd

Bristol Rob

I don’t like Ronaldo, no idea why apart from he’s got a unusual massive Adam’s apple. Taking that away, he still probably the best player in the world. And to be still playing to this standard at 36 is full credit to him when he could of sat back and took it easy. 

Just a shame he didn’t feel like a real challenge and face teams like Reading, Bournemouth away with us. Now that would of been a real challenge. 

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Past his best but still one of the best in the world. Pretty much guaranteed 15-20 goals+. Enormous commercial boost for the club. Winning mentality that'll galvanise the rest of the team. I have no doubt he’ll do well there. 

Partly agree with the commercial side (considering the financial Covid effects), and surely he will score some goals; he has a winning mentality (now a cheating one too, considering where he played recently) but I don't know if he will galvanise the other players or create problems because he wants to be the star, always play, etc.

Anyway, I hope you're right and that this deal will benefit more Man Utd than  Rubentus.

2 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I don’t like Ronaldo, no idea why apart from he’s got a unusual massive Adam’s apple. Taking that away, he still probably the best player in the world. And to be still playing to this standard at 36 is full credit to him when he could of sat back and took it easy. 

Just a shame he didn’t feel like a real challenge and face teams like Reading, Bournemouth away with us. Now that would of been a real challenge. 

I think the bigger challenge might have been finding the £410k a week wages

11 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Just to clarify are you saying it’s harder to stay at a club when you had the great Barcelona midfielders and then kick up a storm when things are not great or go to other countries to prove yourself to win things like ronaldo did,both are geniuses let’s be fair but if you are a family man as you say messi is why is he playing for in France and not Spain for let’s say A. Madrid 

The ‘storm’ he kicked up was not to do with really wanting to leave, it was all to do with the ‘then’ president of the club. He was wanted out by everyone and was found to have lied and briefed against Messi and other players. As for Paris or Madrid, I imagine he has the use of a private jet to get home from Paris if needed, probably easier to do that than travel from Madrid. 
As for having great players around him, him and Ronaldo have been in this position during their careers, Ronaldo decided to move to various clubs, Messi didn’t, I don’t see the issue tbh.

12 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

What complete tosh,it is the easy option messi took,he called Barcelona’s bluff and they said bye then,where did he go to prove himself as the greatest player in the world,oh yeah PSG where he will stroll through games 90% of times 

Oh dear, where did you get this from.

He didn’t call anyone’s bluff, he was out of contract, wanted to stay, but because of Barcelona’s debt they were unable to sign him again. Even though he was to take a 50% pay cut,  La Liga and Spanish employment law would not allow it to happen.

If you don’t understand the actual situation it’s best not to make things up! 

5 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Interesting for me is how long can he continue to play at the top top level. He is incredibly fit but time catches up with everybody. 

I’m going to hazard a guess of two years at United. One season at Lisbon, maybe two. Retire at 40

8 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

That’s why statistics are misleading, and the only one that counts for a striker is how many goals they score and for Ronaldo that is most definitely not average!  674 in 897 games at the top top level winning everything you can pretty much as a player (bar the World Cup)

The point is though that Ronaldo has been able to score the amount he has because of how many shots he's had the chance to take, he often shoots where the better option is a pass, so in that regard its not a wonder he scores more. This also should count for all players but strikers probably should be looked at in terms of non-penalty contributions, how many has Ronaldo scored over his career? Conversion rate is a massive metric to base strikers on.

40 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

The point is though that Ronaldo has been able to score the amount he has because of how many shots he's had the chance to take, he often shoots where the better option is a pass, so in that regard its not a wonder he scores more. This also should count for all players but strikers probably should be looked at in terms of non-penalty contributions, how many has Ronaldo scored over his career? Conversion rate is a massive metric to base strikers on.

But that’s not been an issue as the clubs he’s played for have won everything pretty much, and they have based there game around him, you seem to be suggesting his conversion rate is poor which is mental when he’s scored more than any other player in history bar Messi

8 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Oh dear, where did you get this from.

He didn’t call anyone’s bluff, he was out of contract, wanted to stay, but because of Barcelona’s debt they were unable to sign him again. Even though he was to take a 50% pay cut,  La Liga and Spanish employment law would not allow it to happen.

If you don’t understand the actual situation it’s best not to make things up! 

I do understand the situation,he could of took a 75% pay cut which would of been fine,I don’t know what you are being told over in Blighty but the fans are sad but also happy to get started on a new chapter 

54 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I do understand the situation,he could of took a 75% pay cut which would of been fine,I don’t know what you are being told over in Blighty but the fans are sad but also happy to get started on a new chapter 

He could not have taken a 75% pay cut, that’s my point. It’s against Spanish employment law. 

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Watching the second half of the United game at Wolves today, adding Ronaldo to that side appears to be the cherry on top of a cake that has a giant hole in the middle.

Just put him in instead of Sancho. That boy looks on course to being one of the biggest wastes of money ever. 

27 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Watching the second half of the United game at Wolves today, adding Ronaldo to that side appears to be the cherry on top of a cake that has a giant hole in the middle.

I was thinking that., wolves are decent, but united should be winning that easily on paper. They dont have a top manager, and theres not a lot of in depth quality in defence and midfield.

On 27/08/2021 at 23:39, The dastardly red said:

Sorry. I was just explaining that I find my comments funny even if you don't. I then finished up with another ditty about you sending cards to Ronaldo.

Completely appreciate that it's probably not funny to most people.

made me laugh. Thankyou ?

On 28/08/2021 at 22:48, Portland Bill said:

He could not have taken a 75% pay cut, that’s my point. It’s against Spanish employment law. 

Correct, as you said, it’s Spanish employment law. I believe they wouldn’t of been able to cover the 50% anyway, even if it was allowed by law. COYR 

On 27/08/2021 at 16:20, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed. Easy to say from where we are - but I genuinely would rather (if I had the choice) we would emulate Leicester if it was a choice between be like them or a Man City.

Sure, they’ve spent money too - but it’s proportionate. Them winning the league, and them cementing their status as a genuine top club afterwards, must feel more satisfying to their fans. 

I think it would feel a bit hollow having a team of 300,000k per week players and just picking the world’s best. Again - easy to say from where we are of course. 

Leicester were just as dodgy getting out of the championship IMO

18 hours ago, Simon79 said:

Correct, as you said, it’s Spanish employment law. I believe they wouldn’t of been able to cover the 50% anyway, even if it was allowed by law. COYR 

What I don't get, though, is that Messi was out of contract with Barcelona. Therefore he was unemployed and so technically wouldn't have been taking a pay cut 

5 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

What I don't get, though, is that Messi was out of contract with Barcelona. Therefore he was unemployed and so technically wouldn't have been taking a pay cut 

I thought that, but it's basically a protection against "fire and re-hire". Apparently it applies to football contracts. I don't get it either, but apparently it's there. 

On 28/08/2021 at 16:21, Tinmans Love Child said:

But that’s not been an issue as the clubs he’s played for have won everything pretty much, and they have based there game around him, you seem to be suggesting his conversion rate is poor which is mental when he’s scored more than any other player in history bar Messi

Actually has scored more then Messi, especially in the champs league and international game. 

Wonder if I had more shots in youth football that could of been me ?

They'll have got the £13m back already in shirt sales to gullible idiots.

Big test of Solskjaer's man management with CR in the team.

As for the number 7 debacle...FFS, if it's not available, he doesn't get it. Give him number 69 and tell him to suck it.

16 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

As for the number 7 debacle...FFS, if it's not available, he doesn't get it. Give him number 69 and tell him to suck it.

It’s Ronaldo. You don’t get to tell him anything - he tells you. Number 7 will be written into his contract T’s and C’s

On 30/08/2021 at 08:06, Simon79 said:

I think Im right saying that the new contract Barca offered Messi was on 50% of his previous wages, but over 10 years, which would take him well into his 40s and on face value would be ludicrous, even for a player of Messi’s ability.

Perhaps they offered a 10 year contract  so that the total value of that contract matched the total value of his then current contract, so that it did not breach Spanish employment law. If so, they would achieve the main aim of a substantial and immediate reaction in wages, but within the law.

3 hours ago, SecretSam said:

They'll have got the £13m back already in shirt sales to gullible idiots.

Big test of Solskjaer's man management with CR in the team.

Nah it'll be fine. James has been sold to free up #21. Man Utd will apply for, and will be granted, special dispensation to change Cavani to #21 - which is the number he wears for Uruguay and what he uses in some of his social media names. Cavani will do what he's told.

Then #7 is free and Ronaldo and his marketing team will be happy.

Then the shirt sales can commence.

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Nah it'll be fine. James has been sold to free up #21. Man Utd will apply for, and will be granted, special dispensation to change Cavani to #21 - which is the number he wears for Uruguay and what he uses in some of his social media names. Cavani will do what he's told.

Then #7 is free and Ronaldo and his marketing team will be happy.

Then the shirt sales can commence.

Would be nice to see the PL show some balls and tell Man Utd NO!!!

we are not making changes to our rules just for you

Archived