IGNORED

Ronaldo to Man Utd

Bristol Rob

14 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Would be nice to see the PL show some balls and tell Man Utd NO!!!

we are not making changes to our rules just for you

Maybe.

But the silence on his shirt number speaks volumes IMO. It's a clear sign that there are some conversations being had behind the scenes. If they had it ready to go they'd have announced his number and fired up the printing presses immediately.

The PL are at least entertaining the idea of allowing it.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Maybe.

But the silence on his shirt number speaks volumes IMO. It's a clear sign that there are some conversations being had behind the scenes. If they had it ready to go they'd have announced his number and fired up the printing presses immediately.

The PL are at least entertaining the idea of allowing it.

Yeah its Man Utd

Wonder what would happen if say Southampton or Brighton  asked (Think we all know)

20 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Yeah its Man Utd

Wonder what would happen if say Southampton or Brighton  asked (Think we all know)

Bailey Wright would get a 3 match suspension.

I'm sick to death of the press creaming themselves over this one. Yes he's been a great player throughout his career but the hype has been crazy.

As I posted in another thread recently, Naga Munchetty on Radio 5 described the arrival of Ronaldo as "one of, if not the biggest transfer in British football history". Really?

On 31/08/2021 at 13:26, SecretSam said:

They'll have got the £13m back already in shirt sales to gullible idiots.

Big test of Solskjaer's man management with CR in the team.

As for the number 7 debacle...FFS, if it's not available, he doesn't get it. Give him number 69 and tell him to suck it.

What about the £55 million in wages ?

10 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I'm sick to death of the press creaming themselves over this one. Yes he's been a great player throughout his career but the hype has been crazy.

As I posted in another thread recently, Naga Munchetty on Radio 5 described the arrival of Ronaldo as "one of, if not the biggest transfer in British football history". Really?

yeah, BBC Salford had 3  threads about Ronny  after the Transfer topic at the top of the page.

27 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Can you name a bigger one?

17 minutes ago, shepton red said:

Ruud Gullit, Sampdoria to Chelsea in 1995

Great call tbh, didn't get it then but jeez what a player. 

That said i dont believe its as gravitational as having the guy with the most goals in the game coming back to where he started the brand. Its a huge story and dosnt happen often.  Yes the media are excessive but when arnt they.

As for the number 7 debacle...FFS, if it's not available, he doesn't get it. Give him number 69 and tell him to suck it.

Pretty sure I read somewhere utd would make around £5 per shirt sale. That would equate to a lot but not as much as people think

No they won't, clubs get very little of the shirt sales. Probably why prices have increased so much, especially for the likes of us who obviously sell relatively little compared to the big teams

14 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Pretty sure that was Matty Taylor?

Don’t mention the rape allegation much, do they?

17 hours ago, Rob k said:

Overall package of 75m for the best player ever seems a good deal to me 

I always think "ever" is a bit strong! If some of the players from years ago had had the opportunity to play as many games as they do now rather than every tournament having mini leagues to progress through or playing friendlies every year then perhaps they might have upped their goals scored. Yes I know that the game evolves but that's why "ever" isn't necessarily relevant.

As for Salford media city being camped not far from Old Trafford this may explain the constant love in that the beeb has for Man u.

4 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Are they?  Has anyone one else ever asked to do this and been refused?  Can’t see the big deal myself, it’s set a precedent now, so others would be able to ask and should get.

Fair point about being asked before

but you just know they would not say no to Utd

Archived