IGNORED

Shane Warne

22A

Watching today's Test Match, Shane Warne was asked by another commentator if he had a favourite football team. "Yep; Chelsea".

"1989, my first year over here at Imperial in Bristol and someone decided to take me to a football match, so we caught a train to London and went to Chelsea. I've followed them ever since".

OK, fair enough, but; 1988 - 89 City had three consecutive good seasons and Rovers also did well in 89-90. WHO decided to introduce Warne to football by taking him 120 miles away from where he was at the time?

36 minutes ago, 22A said:

Watching today's Test Match, Shane Warne was asked by another commentator if he had a favourite football team. "Yep; Chelsea".

"1989, my first year over here at Imperial in Bristol and someone decided to take me to a football match, so we caught a train to London and went to Chelsea. I've followed them ever since".

OK, fair enough, but; 1988 - 89 City had three consecutive good seasons and Rovers also did well in 89-90. WHO decided to introduce Warne to football by taking him 120 miles away from where he was at the time?

I’ve heard some stories about Shane at imperial during his younger days, the dirty dog.

It's 1989. 2 young Aussie cricketers step off the plan at Lulsgate ("Bristol International" my arse) to be met by the Captains of Imperial and Knowle.

One of the Aussies is an opening bat, the other is a leg spinner.

"Nobody needs a leg spinner" says the Knowle Captain, "I'm having the opening bat".

True story. 

The rest... is history.

Archived