IGNORED

Peter Spiring

Mark barton

Watching big match revisited today which showed peter spiring playing for Luton Town, I remember him going to Liverpool at the time and thinking they must have saw a player in the making and could develop him in the liverpool way. In my head I thought he just stayed in their reserves until I googled him to see he never made  a full appearance for them and was sold to luton and ended up at Hereford. Anyone in the know, what happened to his career ie injury etc. 

Remember watching him play as a youngster for us up front, very skilful although not a prolific scorer at that age. He tended to come in if someone was injured although he had a good run of games just before he left. Played alongside John Galley usually, got his chance when Chris Garland was transferred. One of those who looked to have a bright future but it didn't work out due to injuries etc.

Pretty sure there was on a post on here a while back saying he returned to his home town of Hereford after his playing days ended & still has a business there.

Just at the start of my time watching City so was too young to appreciate him, but understand he had real potential, which was evidenced by Shankly signing him.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Pretty sure there was on a post on here a while back saying he returned to his home town of Hereford after his playing days ended & still has a business there.

Just at the start of my time watching City so was too young to appreciate him, but understand he had real potential, which was evidenced by Shankly signing him.

Quite young then myself Graham, (11) I seem to remember it being something of a surprise when Liverpool came in for him. Shankly was famous for turning up to watch a player on a cold wet night at some obscure away ground, so presumably he had stood out in a game like that. 

A 1 in 4 goal record for us from the age of 18 - 23 so you could see why he was thought to have potential. 

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Fairly certain he was from Glastonbury originally Graham.  He finished his career at Hereford though and I think you’re right in that he settled there.

14 hours ago, Mark barton said:

peter spiring  ended up at Hereford. 

4 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Played alongside John Galley usually, 

John Galley also ended up at Hereford; did they play in the same team there? 

PS went City - Liverpool - Luton - Herford.

JG went City - Forest - P'boro' - Hereford.

Archived