IGNORED

Cardiff City away - match day thread

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Feels a bit like some kind of groundhog day today. 

Will the improvement (I'm not convinced, but people seem to think) under NP, finally deliver a result to match and begin a good run of results, as we can build on it, with some confidence, during international break. 

Or, will we get stuffed, with ex players rubbing salt in the wound, turning things very sour. 

Of course we could lose, yet still see positives - but if we get tonked, with no real sign of game on game progress, then how long can the results under NP remain tenable..? 

Fingers crossed for at least a point today and a relatively positive atmosphere around the camp going into the break. ?

Pearson needs time and if he is not given time he will not be able to turn this club around. Cannot understand those who keep  making suggestions a bad result could mark mean his end. Proven , experienced successful at this level and above. Let's support HIM and the team. COYR

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Redrascal2 said:

Pearson needs time and if he is not given time he will not be able to turn this club around. Cannot understand those who keep  making suggestions a bad result could mark mean his end. Proven , experienced successful at this level and above. Let's support HIM and the team. COYR

It's what they want to happen, though they'll never admit it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I agree to an extent - but how long do we allow 1 win in what, 15 games..? Continue before it becomes unacceptable..? 

Pretty sure it’ll be 4411, with Baker at LB:

Weimann James King Pring

Massengo

Martin

or

Massengo James King Pring

Weimann

Martin

or

Weimann James Massengo Pring

King

Martin

or fluid between all three.

Cardiff:

6227EFD4-4045-4FBD-B969-5D86722874BC.thumb.jpeg.be9d7a4436092ae525430f02870fad4d.jpeg

Sang and Bagan at WB, but Giles and Bacuna wide forwards.

If you line up ours v theirs both line-ups go man-for-man except both have a CB spare.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It's what they want to happen, though they'll never admit it.

Certainly not what I want. 

I want any manager to do well here. 

I was delighted when we got NP - he'd always have been one of the top names on my wishlist. 

His record, so far, is utterly appealing and can't just carry on in the name of being given time to turn things around. 

No home wins for the equivalent of half a season is unacceptable. Nor is just 1 win in the last god nows how many games.. 15..?

A win today would be massive, for him. 

Another lacklustre defeat simply can't be deemed as acceptable for too much longer. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Certainly not what I want. 

I want any manager to do well here. 

I was delighted when we got NP - he'd always have been one of the top names on my wishlist. 

His record, so far, is utterly appealing and can't just carry on in the name of being given time to turn things around. 

No home wins for the equivalent of half a season is unacceptable. Nor is just 1 win in the last god nows how many games.. 15..?

A win today would be massive, for him. 

Another lacklustre defeat simply can't be deemed as acceptable for too much longer. 

I don't think any of the games this season has been lacklustre tbf.

• Like 3

Glad he's got all 3 of the big boys on the pitch. I suspect we'll start with 4 at the back, although the personnel are there to switch to 3 with wing backs if we want to do so.

I'm a little concerned about who is going to support Martin. I'd have liked maybe one of Scott or Semenyo on to make runs around him. I guess it's Weimann in behind him but I think Pring will need to push on and help as well. 

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

We had to take JD out of this one, he is targeted every game as the weakness, and we know what Cardiff are like. No other option really. 

That says to me that JD is not good enough and I don’t believe that for a minute.

He has made his living at a high level of professional football despite his size.

However, he was very good v Reading and not so pukka v Swansea.

He needs to up his game on a regular basis. There is more to come from the lad.