IGNORED

Cardiff City away - match day thread

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Played five, won 2, drew 1, lost 2. Given where we started will take that every day of the week. 

And every little things, gonna be all right.

(be nice to win one at AG mind)

And a bit more composure v Blackpool and we'd be top 6 and 1 point off automatic (before the rest of today's games)

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

We deserved that. A few dodgy moments but we defended like trojans. Got to say, Cardiff weren`t really all that but a win`s a win.

That’s the way they play, and they generally get results.  It’s not easy on the eye, but effective.  I thought they were decent enough….just we were better and the more aesthetically pleasing stuff.

• Like 7
5 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I'm just happy to see us competing in games and deserving something out of them again. ut winning is a bonus!

Yeah, I was happy to give Nige a clean slate to start the season, and I think we've steadily got more things right with each passing league game (Boro aside). I think that was our best win against Cardiff away for some time - certainly ther last two times we deserved nothing. Today (as with the Swans game) a point was the very least we deserved. Well done evreybody. So nice to feel the pride back :)

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Just need a goal scorer now!

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Trouble is you just know that given a more straightforward chance in space on the edge of box or just outside, he will lean back and blast over the bar. That's why he will never get you more than a dozen over a season.

Sorry, this turned into a time lapse post as I found the match unusually distracting.

Ok, early days but in 4. 5 matches AW and CM have 5 goals. (Ooh. Almost 6 from C.M. then.) That's a level expected from top strikers.
Our main problem has been supply and creating chances, this is starting to change through tactics, selection and attitude, something within our current budget.
Yes, AW will blast over, he will also produce some very composed great finishes. It's a numbers game. However, his understanding with Martin,  combined with his running and reading of the game, will I suggest, produce many more opportunities than say, playing NW.

.....News Flash........WOW! He didn't blast that one over. Looks like he's starting to get match fit after his long lay off perhaps?

"Never score more than 12 in a season?"  When played centrally he did get 5 in 5 matches, and had 3 out of 4 good goals disallowed. Now with 4 in less than 5 matches, I reckon he has a chance if he stays in the middle. (I'm taking bets if you want.)

I would say we need a Fam type option, but realistically, we will not be spending on an established 20 plus goal a season striker for a long time.
It amused me 2-3 years back when many on here were suggesting we should spend big on Assombalonga or another previous 20 plus per season guy that was rumoured to be available for the right price.
We were half way through the season and both Fam and Andi were outscoring them in minutes played. I also suspect they were both getting better service than our guys. Previous reputation is not a wise 10m plus investment to me.

Edited by MJP3
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Too hard to pick out individuals, but what an impact Pring has had on his start to his City first team career.

I wonder how long he has been ready for it? We went "loan em out" mad and for that reason we haven't had enough through from the Academy. 

Good performance by all but I'd like to mention our most recent Whipping Boy, Zak Vyner, who did has work quietly and efficiently today.

• Like 4

If you take the five games so far, apart from anything else they have been pretty much decent games to watch.

Yep, breaks went against us v Swansea, went our way today. We are not the finished article yet and we are going to win a few and lose a few, but even given that, it’s a team that, well, looks like a team, battles and plays some decent stuff.

Win or lose, it’s fun again. And on days like today it’s more than that.
Falling in love again..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1