IGNORED

Cardiff City away - match day thread

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

If you take the five games so far, apart from anything else they have been pretty much decent games to watch.

Yep, breaks went against us v Swansea, went our way today. We are not the finished article yet and we are going to win a few and lose a few, but even given that, it’s a team that, well, looks like a team, battles and plays some decent stuff.

Win or lose, it’s fun again. And on days like today it’s more than that.
Falling in love again..

Love you too xx

• Haha 1

Well done to the TEAM.

Yes we finally have one. These boys work for one another , for the supporters and the coaching staff.

Bravo.

This was Bentley’s best performance since the beginning of the season and he got on the scoresheet.

Between him and Andi for MOTM but really everyone played well as we out-Cardiffed the Bluebirds.

Another match I really enjoyed. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Well done lads to bag our first win of the season.  Everyone seemed to be giving 100% today.  Good also to bounce back from conseding an equaliser. Pring looks like he has something to offer doesn't he offer.

Agree with everything…although it was our second win away in a row (Reading).

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I wonder how long he has been ready for it? We went "loan em out" mad and for that reason we haven't had enough through from the Academy. 

Good performance by all but I'd like to mention our most recent Whipping Boy, Zak Vyner, who did has work quietly and efficiently today.

Tbh, I watched him a few times (live on Sky, bits and pieces) and he’s played better for City than he did in any of those games for Pompey.  He’s showing the kind of range of his game and promise that he did at Walsall and Newport, where he played at LWB a fair bit….albeit at Lg2.

Some very interesting perception from Nige about him not feeling part of the first team, so good man-management too.

Early days, opponents will start to look for little weaknesses, like they did with Massengo and Bakinson….so Pring will need to keep working hard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It doesn’t half make a difference when you have a group of lads who give a shit which is why people who can’t see beyond a result on a Saturday and banging on about Pearson’s record last season have completely missed the point and forgotten how bad things were. He was operating with both hands and feet tied behind his back.

We aren’t the finished article, a massive way off that, but we’ve competed in every game so far and that is a huge improvement. We were even winning games in embarrassing fashion last season let alone losing them. You can see the work that is going in to improve us as a team and the players as individuals.

These lads deserve fans that get behind them not moan at them. Do that and we’ll get that home win monkey off our backs. Great win today.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 8

Hard working team performance.

I liked the "unity" when the handbags started - Martin rushing over to grab Morrison and push him away from Semenyo (I'd love to know what he was saying two inches from his ugly mug).

Great reaction after the own goal.

9 goal attempts, 5 on target.

No soft underbelly to this team, standing up to a one dimensional, physical team like Cardiff who just try to batter teams into submission. Crap football, but today the better footballing side with better technical players won.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Well done lads to bag our first win of the season.  Everyone seemed to be giving 100% today.  Good also to bounce back from conseding an equaliser. Pring looks like he has something to offer doesn't he offer.

Does the Reading game not count ? We did score more than them.

Edited by BigTone
  • Haha 3

We're looking consistent which is new/different.

This is a result based on a found rather than a particular tactic or result that doesn't mean anything next week. The foundation might not return a win every week but it is a consistently good performance which I'm more happy about. 

• Like 2

Great team performance today. Baker, HNM, Pring, Weimann stand out, but even Vyner - who has looked dodgy at RB to date, put in a good shift. Nobody would score less than a 7 out of 10 today. 

The togetherness shown, especially after the disappointment of the soft equaliser, was really good to see. Keep that level of performance up and we will be a top half team.

• Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

As well as the focus on us, and all the positives- there's just something particularly satisfying about beating Cardiff I find. I know they're the closest we have to a derby these days but there's more to it!

I remember last season, they were pleading poverty in Jan 2021 (with Parachute Payments- and yes it was tough for everyone but PP can help)- then they sacked Harris, and signed Ng, Williams and Watters!! In a season where they added on loan Osei-Tutu, Benkovic and the small matter of Wilson and Ojo! Moore as well...Kieffer Moore, the Moore the merrier!

Complained about a lack of support from Government for football quite loudly, in their Accounts and perhaps beyond while listing all they had taken advantage of.

Complained about the distribution model in football in their support for PBP- acceptable stance, except when you consider that 2 x PL and 6 x Parachute Payments from 2013/14 to 2020/21 had seen them as a prime beneficiary!!

Oh the whole Sala thing too. Disgrace their stance on that.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
45 minutes ago, cityexile said:

If you take the five games so far, apart from anything else they have been pretty much decent games to watch.

Yep, breaks went against us v Swansea, went our way today. We are not the finished article yet and we are going to win a few and lose a few, but even given that, it’s a team that, well, looks like a team, battles and plays some decent stuff.

Win or lose, it’s fun again. And on days like today it’s more than that.
Falling in love again..

We can play and the tempo is better. However we have to be more compact  when faced with a team countering us. Even on a moderately paced break away we look too open. Second we have to do much better at shutting down crosses into the box. Cardiff’s Giles had a field day.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jefferz said:

We can play and the tempo is better. However we have to be more compact  when faced with a team countering us. Even on a moderately paced break away we look too open. Second we have to do much better at shutting down crosses into the box. Cardiff’s Giles had a field day.

We're ultimately a work in progress- pretty happy to date considering, but we can always improve, pretty much any side can.

More importantly, a side should never think they've made it- that's when slumps and slides begin, constant building, effort, work is what's needed and I expect NP will feel the same.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

I liked how Pearson and his coaching stuff allowed the players to have their moment and then applauded them off, as others have said it really feels like we’re watching the start of something 

Agree 100%  For those who like the 'bounce around' and  the 'give us a wave' that is not his style.  It's about the players. And allowing them to have the moment. So many former pros of his say he builds a great team spirit...you can see how. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1