IGNORED

Cardiff City away - match day thread

Missed the first 10, but what I saw I enjoyed. Great result!

Thought we were a bit passive in the first half despite the goal but the high pressing early in the 2nd was good to see, no bunker mode- think Huddersfield at home last year, reasonably even start but we go 2 up...then deep, so deep.

Two great finishes by Weimann, nice to see Semenyo making an instant impact on return. Some promising stuff for sure. Thought Martin held it up well at times, Baker at LB? Brave call but dare say it helped, unlucky own goal.

Ref didn't give us a lot but do they ever!

It's often a tough away game and it is, but it's been quite good for us the last few years.

Decent start to the season, 7 pts ticked off the safety target? Often 50 at this level isn't it.

PS- Assist for Vyner- could he develop into the medium term solution at RB? Maybe into a bit more of an outlet...

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Yesssssssssssssssss Absolutely brilliant. Nige is getting us right on track , it is so much so much better and so wonderful to see us play with passion and unity. 

And most importantly a threat going forward.

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Yesssssssssssssssss Absolutely brilliant. Nige is getting us right on track , it is so much so much better and so wonderful to see us play with passion and unity. 

And most importantly a threat going forward.

Just now, eardun said:

Well played lads. Hopefully that puts to bed the nonsense spouted about Pearson not improving us. It’s been there to see all season and this win just reinforces it. 

We’ve won there the last two years as well. ??

Only joking! A lot more purpose, shape and passion. And I thought we made our own luck today too, which is a good sign. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Missed the first 10, but what I saw I enjoyed. Great result!

Thought we were a bit passive in the first half despite the goal but the high pressing early in the 2nd was good to see, no bunker mode- think Huddersfield at home last year, reasonably even start but we go 2 up...then deep, so deep.

Two great finishes by Weimann, nice to see Semenyo making an instant impact on return. Some promising stuff for sure. Thought Martin held it up well at times, Baker at LB? Brave call but dare say it helped, unlucky own goal.

Ref didn't give us a lot but do they ever!

It's often a tough away game and it is, but it's been quite good for us the last few years.

Decent start to the season, 7 pts ticked off the safety target? Often 50 at this level isn't it.

Crumbs.

• Haha 1