IGNORED

FFS!

downendcity

I'm going to be out later so won’t be able to follow the game, so thought i’d get one in early in anticipation of one of our ex-players scoring and before the rush.

7 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I'm going to be out later so won’t be able to follow the game, so thought i’d get one in early in anticipation of one of our ex-players scoring and before the rush.

The way our defence has been playing, and dealing with balls into the box, my money is on Flint, 89th minute from a corner.

10 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Adam Nagy or Taylor Moore perhaps?

59 minutes ago, mossey said:

The way our defence has been playing, and dealing with balls into the box, my money is on Flint, 89th minute from a corner.

I don't think Flint takes their corners, and why do you think he'll be on the bench and only coming on in the 85th minute..? 

I should have added that the reason I am out later is that Mrs Downend wants me to go with her to buy a new telly, which will undoubtedly mean that after we’ve got the telly we will have a trip to M&S to “see what new stuff they’ve got in” and the Next because “ we might as well have a lookout their household stuff now we’re here”.

FFS!

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I should have added that the reason I am out later is that Mrs Downend wants me to go with her to buy a new telly, which will undoubtedly mean that after we’ve got the telly we will have a trip to M&S to “see what new stuff they’ve got in” and the Next because “ we might as well have a lookout their household stuff now we’re here”.

FFS!

Who goes out to buy a TV these days? 

I thought everyone just picked the best rated one for there budget from amazon and got it delivered. 

8 minutes ago, downendcity said:

FFS!

Women are the same the world over. Mrs Isewater says ‘ do you want a beer ? ‘

Is the Pope Catholic methinks ? 

and then , Boom.

’ And whilst you’re at the supermarket ‘ and out comes the list …’

8 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I thought everyone just picked the best rated one for there budget from amazon and got it delivered. 

Glad to know that you are funding “space exploration”, worker exploitation and environmental degradation (landfills full of perfectly usable stuff!). As another piece of tumbleweed blows down the local high street….

Tbh Mrs Downend is doing him a favour and sparing him having to buy a new radio as well as he flings it out of the window in disappointment/disgust/despair (take your pick) and it smashes on the patio!

2 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Nope!

Every person has different eyesight issues. Sorry to go off topic here but just because someone rates a telly highly is based on a few factors.

It is always worth looking at different models. Sound out of most of them is woeful. Be prepared for the sales person to suggest a decent soundbar. The TVs are so thin these days means speakers have to be as well.....and that's the problem.

We bought a new telly two weeks ago. As my wife is registered blind, she needs brightness and contrast as important factors for which tv to buy.

I know a thing or two on this subject. Just like buying a car, you can get a cheap or expensive model and both will get you from A to B but...at what speed and comfort?

Unless you're watching 4K streaming content or have a 4k bluray disc, hdr (high dynamic range) isn't that important. Our Freeview channels do not do 4K. Check out the Sony 1080p (633 model) and compare it with a Samsung basic range (A70, A80 and A90 versions) that does 4K. The Sony has a better PQ! However when you compare it to the Samsung equivalent of Oled (an LG invention) called QLed then Qled wins on re sharpness, contrast, brightness and definition....but we're talking an extra £200. Old is great for those blacker blacks but has it's downsides too.

Basically, work out what you need it for and your price you're willing to spend.

Unfortunately for our bank account, my wife needed a QLed. It is fantastic though.

COYR and blue and green lights

36 minutes ago, downendcity said:

FFS!

You must have married my wifes twin.  Or my misses is a bigamist.

11 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Glad to know that you are funding “space exploration”, worker exploitation and environmental degradation (landfills full of perfectly usable stuff!). As another piece of tumbleweed blows down the local high street….

Tbh Mrs Downend is doing him a favour and sparing him having to buy a new radio as well as he flings it out of the window in disappointment/disgust/despair (take your pick) and it smashes on the patio!

You are right of course, Bezos is basically a Citizen Under No Truth....whereas he could be putting his billions towards many great causes, he is indulging his whims. while having a good go at phecking the planet and the poor minions who he employs.....so good luck to Downend for braving the High St , could you please let us know if you see anyone else out there?  ?

26 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

No need for a new radio - just keep putting in a new transistor and cat’s whisker and it keep working a treat and picks up the home service no problem!

48 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Mrs Downend does , when she wants to use it as jusdtification  to get me out - “you know I don’t understand all that technology guff” -  when it’s really a stealth operation as the real purpose of the trip is to go to other shops, that sell women clothes and household stuff!

17 minutes ago, swanker said:

I’ve never bought anything from Amazon, what’s it like?

Fantastic as long as your willing to wait a couple days.

Spent a few hours of last weekend walking around hardware stores (wickets, B&Q ect) trying to find a washer, none of them had what I needed - quick look on amazon found it in 5 mins ordered just before 5 and was delivered next day before 1400.

12 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Mrs Downend does , when she wants to use it as jusdtification  to get me out - “you know I don’t understand all that technology guff” -  when it’s really a stealth operation as the real purpose of the trip is to go to other shops, that sell women clothes and household stuff!

She sounds too clever and devious ?.

But I guess your walking into it eyes wide open. 

6 minutes ago, Pezo said:

She sounds too clever and devious ?.

But I guess your walking into it eyes wide open. 

And I had an eye test earlier this week!!! 

1 hour ago, Norn Iron said:

Nope!

Every person has different eyesight issues. Sorry to go off topic here but just because someone rates a telly highly is based on a few factors.

It is always worth looking at different models. Sound out of most of them is woeful. Be prepared for the sales person to suggest a decent soundbar. The TVs are so thin these days means speakers have to be as well.....and that's the problem.

We bought a new telly two weeks ago. As my wife is registered blind, she needs brightness and contrast as important factors for which tv to buy.

I know a thing or two on this subject. Just like buying a car, you can get a cheap or expensive model and both will get you from A to B but...at what speed and comfort?

Unless you're watching 4K streaming content or have a 4k bluray disc, hdr (high dynamic range) isn't that important. Our Freeview channels do not do 4K. Check out the Sony 1080p (633 model) and compare it with a Samsung basic range (A70, A80 and A90 versions) that does 4K. The Sony has a better PQ! However when you compare it to the Samsung equivalent of Oled (an LG invention) called QLed then Qled wins on re sharpness, contrast, brightness and definition....but we're talking an extra £200. Old is great for those blacker blacks but has it's downsides too.

Basically, work out what you need it for and your price you're willing to spend.

Unfortunately for our bank account, my wife needed a QLed. It is fantastic though.

COYR and blue and green lights

Good advice. Personally, I'll always have a look at the reviews on www.avforms.com to draw up a shortlist based on my specs. Then look on the main online retailers to see what decent prices should look like. Then go and buy from Richer Sounds who have offered free 5 year extended guarantees on the last two tvs I've bought.

6 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Good advice. Personally, I'll always have a look at the reviews on www.avforms.com to draw up a shortlist based on my specs. Then look on the main online retailers to see what decent prices should look like. Then go and buy from Richer Sounds who have offered free 5 year extended guarantees on the last two tvs I've bought.

Are we related? That's what I did although eventually haggled at local retailer. Samsung Qleds come with a 5 year guarantee currently.

Oled won't be as bright as other versions. 

33 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Yea but unless you are going to a proper av shop you may as well not bother, you won't go into any high street store and see anything like a representation of what the picture actually looks like as they are all on a display mode that increases the colour contrast to a stupid level as when next to a load of other TVs people will go to the brightest one not the one that actually replicates colours with any degree of accuracy as it would look positively dull next to one on Shap display modes. 

If you are buying a high end TV and going to a proper AV shop where they have them set up properly then other than sound you are very little better buying from a high street store. 

2 hours ago, Spud55 said:

Yea but unless you are going to a proper av shop you may as well not bother, you won't go into any high street store and see anything like a representation of what the picture actually looks like as they are all on a display mode that increases the colour contrast to a stupid level as when next to a load of other TVs people will go to the brightest one not the one that actually replicates colours with any degree of accuracy as it would look positively dull next to one on Shap display modes. 

If you are buying a high end TV and going to a proper AV shop where they have them set up properly then other than sound you are very little better buying from a high street store. 

Yeah. The TVs in the shops will be set up for "Store Mode" under which they could easily substitue for a lighthouse. I don't know how many dedicated AV retailers with viewing rooms are left, but again, good advice.

Archived