IGNORED

Andi Weimann

GrahamC

When fit, I've never understood the flak he has got in recent times.

Good signing, absolutely- goals, assists, energy in particular pressing- versatility, which has been useful for LJ especially but not so much for Weimann himself- as in he can 'do a job' as a winger but it's by no means his favoured position! Think also could be useful at times wide right in a 4-3-3 but never a winger, even if he can help the team at times.

I remember his first season, all the great runs he made, especially before Christmas- happened often, undetected by our side but that was kinda on the midfield or how we set up, not him so much. Also had multiple goals wrongly disallowed for offside.

14 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

Excellent away from home, completely ineffective at home. 

Was going to say the same, he’s perfect for away games because we press and counter. At home we need more than that not that I don’t think he is a decent player but maybe we need different types of players to beat teams at home 

Looks sharp and could lessen the need for a dip into the transfer market.

Been clinical and look in great nick. Almost seems a bit quicker than before. Maybe the “Dave Rennie Effect”.

Could get 20 this year if carries on like this and Chris Martin continues his excellent form allowing Andi to ping off around him.

7 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

There’s always one……Dude, just relax and enjoy the afternoon. 3pts and an away win against Baadiff. Saturdays don’t come much better.

Could be even better come 5pm, if Barrow do their bit..! 

If I recall he started another season with a run of goals when Fam was out suspended. Then Fam came back he was shunted from playing central and upfront and the goals dried up. If we can find a formation that allows both for a target man and Weimann to play centrally, we should see the best of him. And long may it continue!

2 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

If I recall he started another season with a run of goals when Fam was out suspended. Then Fam came back he was shunted from playing central and upfront and the goals dried up. If we can find a formation that allows both for a target man and Weimann to play centrally, we should see the best of him. And long may it continue!

I think Martin is more of a minder/bouncer than a target man, and that's a roll many fail to understand when looking at forwards. So much can be done by disrupting the opposition, and he did that in spades today.

39 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

A really special player. Would earn a place in any City side I've watched.

Steve, I wouldn’t say this about any other player, but his work rate is as good as Tom Ritchie’s.

Archived