IGNORED

Andi Weimann

GrahamC

39 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

A really special player. Would earn a place in any City side I've watched.

Steve, I wouldn’t say this about any other player, but his work rate is as good as Tom Ritchie’s.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

His early winner years ago at Swansea, his hattrick at Sheffield United and now braces at Reading and Cardiff. He’s contributed to some crackers for us. Hope he’s around for a few more yet. VIVA ANDIIII

And always away from home!

That first goal was great movement by Weimann, coming short bringing Flint with him and turning to sprint in behind. Fantastic pass by Vyner, we saw last season he can pick a pass very well. 

Weimann trying to control the ball and missing it is what managed to get him away from Flint who otherwise I reckon would have got there. As we know Flint isn't slow at full pace, but on that goal slowing down and then having to go again with Weimann who is so quick off the mark, no chance Weimann was going to be caught then. Great finish.

• Flames 1

As I’ve continually said since he arrived at our club - he’s the best footballer at Bristol City - yet another fantastic performance today and all this after he has come back from a nasty long-term injury ... he’s the ultimate bass player - you don’t always notice how valuable their contribution is until they aren’t there ... the other 10 players are the bricks, Weimann is the cement ... 😳🍷

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

Did well for the two finishes today and plenty of energy still in the legs, he suits away from home where he doesn't have much time to think, need to see him do more in home games and being more of an impact when we have more of the ball.

Think only 7 of his 25 goals for us have been at Ashton Gate. Big difference there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Super said:

I'm changing my mind about him.

I think the only big difference in him is Pearson knows how to get the best out of him. To be fair Holden had him playing very well too at the start of last season.

It was frustrating watching Weimann under LJ though. 

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

His performance against West Brom at home was probably his best considering the opposition. Harried them all night, set up the first goal and scored the 2nd. 

Yeah I remember he was really good in that first half that night when we dominated them. Also at home to Luton and Huddersfiield he was really good.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Offside said:

Just seen the goals. I loved his Murray-esque celebration of the first one.

Noticed that too. Wonder if there is a shot of it similar to the classic Murray photo.

I am unsure LJ knew how to use Weimann properly sometimes but first 5 games this season under NP Weimann looks one of the most dangerous players in the League. Brilliant and he has provided us with some fantastic moments away from home.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Nah...

All he does is run around.

Rubbish! He points a lot as well.

I suppose he might be better when fully match fit, but we need someone that can score goals.

But seriously, for those posters saying he's ineffective at home, did you really not notice us get even worse without him? Did you watch the matches, or form your opinion from the knockers on here?

Edited by MJP3

19 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

When fit, I've never understood the flak he has got in recent times.

Good signing, absolutely- goals, assists, energy in particular pressing- versatility, which has been useful for LJ especially but not so much for Weimann himself- as in he can 'do a job' as a winger but it's by no means his favoured position! Think also could be useful at times wide right in a 4-3-3 but never a winger, even if he can help the team at times.

I remember his first season, all the great runs he made, especially before Christmas- happened often, undetected by our side but that was kinda on the midfield or how we set up, not him so much. Also had multiple goals wrongly disallowed for offside.

This a hundred times. I don't go to games much anymore but I happened to catch one when he'd just signed for us. His movement was exceptionnel and we just weren't on his wavelength. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Yeah I remember he was really good in that first half that night when we dominated them. Also at home to Luton and Huddersfiield he was really good.

….and then LJ changed his lop-sided 4231 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, TBW said:

Noticed that too. Wonder if there is a shot of it similar to the classic Murray photo.

Loads of tweets showing the resemblance, just search Scotty Murray’s timeline.

The fittest player I’ve ever seen wear our shirt. Comeback from an horrendous injury and boy we missed him last season , his energy and goals. 
can he get 20 league goals  … I think so . In that clip it was lovely to see the boss clapping the away support and fist punching !!

• Like 1