IGNORED

HNM - Again

HappyClapper

2 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Another fantastic performance. Put in a good shift out wide then tucked inside and did an incredibly professional job. A few touches of class too. The left foot curler, the back heel to set up the Semenyo cross for the second.

He is becoming some player.

Agreed. NP trust him and that is what he needs. I hope he can get better and better cause his touch are very nice. He just have to be paired with a stronger partner into the middle and get a bit more muscles.

4 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Class act under a manager who knows what to do with him.

Could become scarily good and we need to get him tied down to a contract extension.

When does the current one run out? 2022 or 23?

Just now, ralphindevon said:

He'll score very soon I reckon

I really hope it's an absolute piledriver from 30 yards.

I always thought he had talent but was a bit too lightweight, easily pushed off the ball and bullied. He certainly must have worked on this side of his game and now looks stronger and confident. He takes a battering and just gets up and comes back for more. He does his fair share of defensive work too. A great improvement and a joy to watch

26 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Another fantastic performance. Put in a good shift out wide then tucked inside and did an incredibly professional job. A few touches of class too. The left foot curler, the back heel to set up the Semenyo cross for the second.

He is becoming some player.

Our standout performer this season. So composed, great body strength and skill under pressure. The water carrier in midfield. C'est magnifique.

Rated him from the off and so glad Pearson can see in him what some others apparently haven't. The belief in him shown by the manager will do him the world of good - not that he ever lacked confidence in the first place.

I am particularly liking the combination of his energy and James's authority, experience and composure. It's a good, balanced pairing and HNM can only benefit from playing alongside MJ.

21 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Always been clear he is good enough for this level. Very young still and progressing very well. 

It has hasn’t it.  Neither him or Scott are “rabbits in the headlights” debutants are they.  It’s obvious they have something special.  It doesn’t always end well, but to be so harsh on Massengo like some fans have has always amazed me.  Had he been an Academy player it would’ve been very different.

As I’ve posted many times, very few 18/19 year olds play many minutes in the cut and thrust of the Championship.

2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Back with the confidence he had when he first arrived.

Amazing what happens when you've a manager who believes in you and allows you to play your natural game.

In. A. Nutshell.

Nige been gradually boosting his confidence since last season.

30 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He is a class player. Amazing balance, not just his touch but the way he uses his body to protect the ball. He comes away with the ball from such tight positions.

Thought he did a good job out wide today. No doubt his end product has to improve. He has it in him to run at players like he did in the 2nd half. I like King but I think Massengo brings pace to our midfield. So sharp over short distances and so aggressive.

Totally agree Jon. I thought that was his best performance for us. Showed strength, composure, awareness and pace allied to his engine. As others have said, amazing when the manager believes in you. I get the impression that NP is starting to really enjoy this. Let’s hope we can keep building.

Always Liked Massengo, top talent water carrier type player (interestingly I thing Dasilva could also play that role rather than left back) with HNM him and Scott in the team, we should really be looking at improving our set pieces, the amount of fouls they draw are unbelievable.

Anyway  am not sure I have seen it mentioned anywhere... Cracking backheel for our 2nd

Archived