IGNORED

HNM - Again

HappyClapper

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

As I’ve posted many times, very few 18/19 year olds play many minutes in the cut and thrust of the Championship.

I think this season will be different with all of the restrictions needed. Fortunately we do seem to have a good crop of home grown talent that got valuable minutes last year along with HNM we look to have a decent squad now.

Not too worried about relegation now

34 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Offer him an extension ASAP. He's only going to get better this season IMO.

27 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Needs a contract extension ASAP. Very tidy player, dictates the tempo well. Got stuck in across the pitch too.

Definitely one to prioritise 

He was too good for LJ or DH to really know what to do with him. 

He's seems good enough for NP to know how to get the best out of him. 

Does anyone think Scott or Pring would be featuring as they are under LJ or DH? 

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

In fairness LJ did play Kelly really young.

3 hours ago, David Brent said:

Very good. Helps playing alongside a quality midfielder in James

James is the big difference for me, having him in CM makes a massive difference to the whole team and his influence is starting to rub off on all of those around him 

But let's not forget as good & talented as HNM is it's much better from him because he's unspectacular others around him who put in a shift, cover, disrupt, in short, do their job. King & James under Pearson's patterns have been a revelation. No Patterson, Watkins or O'Dowda playing crab in Johnson's likeness, just hard nosed pros doing the basics allowing us to build from that. Not being constantly overrun. It's what we've lacked since GoN was placed on the naughty step.

2 minutes ago, INCRED said:

James is the big difference for me, having him in CM makes a massive difference to the whole team and his influence is starting to rub off on all of those around him 

Another advantage of Nige the manager.  He doesn’t come here if Nige isn’t here.

1 minute ago, BTRFTG said:

But let's not forget as good & talented as HNM is it's much better from him because he's unspectacular others around him who put in a shift, cover, disrupt, in short, do their job. King & James under Pearson's patterns have been a revelation. No Patterson, Watkins or O'Dowda playing crab in Johnson's likeness, just hard nosed pros doing the basics allowing us to build from that. Not being constantly overrun. It's what we've lacked since GoN was placed on the naughty step.

It’s something I’ve said quite a lot over the past weeks, James is the player GON was meant to be (who was 33 when signing).  James is just 30 and I’m hoping that despite his injuries his lack of game means he can go on a bit longer.

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Agree HNM was class today. I wonder what's happened with Williams and COD. Nige did say they should both be ok after a week or so. Finally got too many good options to fit into the team.

Williams said he’s been training but will return to training next week.  Can only assume that means he’s been training but not with the squad….but will return to full first team training next week.

In my opinion HNM is the best player on our books.  For me he has the potential to be as good as Gerry Gow and I hope we get the opportunity to see him develop for at least 3 more years.  He should be one of the highest paid players at our club and if he isn’t let’s give him a new contract ASAP 

18 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Spot on.

James is always where the ball is, and more importantly, often in charge of the ball. He finds space, recycles the ball and is always talking.

Our default 2 will end up being HNM and James. And they will be close to being the best pair in the division.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

His shot that just went over as well, think it was him- would have been a great goal, and I wonder if he gets one could he get a few?

Not a scoring midfielder first and foremost but thought he was good today and just wonder if he could develop that if/when he scores one.

I remember he nearly scored in his first game for us. Sure he will get a few once he's broken his duck.

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

Yes under Johnson

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

In fairness LJ did play Kelly really young.

And Semenyo

Must admit I thought he was on his way out but he's really kicked on this season.   Having Matt James and Andy King to learn from is fantastic for him, but he deserves lots of credit for the way he's dedicated himself to improving his performance and his physicality.   

I do feel as his confidence grows he will be more attacking in his play.   

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Definitely one to prioritise 

Especially as HNM is now just into the final 2 years of his current deal. 

Not sure how much he is currently earning, but as I understand it, we need to at the least match what he is already on, or risk loosing him on a free in 2 years time.

COYR.

Just watched our second goal from yesterday again. That backheel from HNM to Antoine immediately put the entire CC defence off balance, out of position and scrambling. None of their defenders were in the correct position when Antoine’s superb cross came in. HNM had wrongfooted them all. Sheer class. 

8 hours ago, Tangle Foot said:

Especially as HNM is now just into the final 2 years of his current deal. 

Not sure how much he is currently earning, but as I understand it, we need to at the least match what he is already on, or risk loosing him on a free in 2 years time.

COYR.

I don’t HNM will be a concern about winding his contract down and leaving for free / OOC.  He’ll either get a new deal here or someone will’ve bought him ?

Seven? 7? Really?

I am referring to GmcG's rating and blurb. No mention of his wonderful back heel that set up the winning goal.

Gregor immediately starts with the negatives as well! I know HNM was at the game but was the Post Reporter? Seven?

He gave CM an 8 and AW a 9 with Cam Pring getting the same as HNM. That back heel would have graced any international team and the press would have lapped it up.

I can only assume GmcG had popped out for a drink and following the thunderous celebrations had watched the replay showing only the cross and that volley!

Han-Noah Massengo– 7

Couple of early sloppy passes but the Frenchman's energy was a certain asset for the away side as he helped Vyner to stop attacks coming down Bristol City's right. Not far off target with a blast at goal straight after the break and kept chipping away in midfield.

3 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Just watched our second goal from yesterday again. That backheel from HNM to Antoine immediately put the entire CC defence off balance, out of position and scrambling. None of their defenders were in the correct position when Antoine’s superb cross came in. HNM had wrongfooted them all. Sheer class. 

Just came here to say exactly this. I hadn't appreciated that backheel pass at the time. It's brilliant.

Archived