IGNORED

Pearson Praise

CheddarReds

4 hours ago, mozo said:

In every game this season we have been competitive and for much of it we have been dominant. Pearson deserves credit for that 

Exactly. I don’t think we’ve turned a corner or anything like that. We will continue to be up and down for a bit longer I think. 

But the improvement between this season and last is huge, regardless of results.

Even when we have lost or drawn this season, there has been a purpose in our play that we haven’t seen for ages. 

I know people were getting down after  the first three games - and like I say, I think there will be more significant blips - but overall direction of travel is really positive. 

One day, we might even keep a clean sheet. 

With the last two coaches the international breaks seemed to always be followed by a bad result. It felt to me like the more time they spent being coached, the worse it got.

I'm actually looking forward to Nige spending time with them as I believe he is actually capable of making further improvements. What a nice change.

10 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Exactly. I don’t think we’ve turned a corner or anything like that. We will continue to be up and down for a bit longer I think. 

But the improvement between this season and last is huge, regardless of results.

Even when we have lost or drawn this season, there has been a purpose in our play that we haven’t seen for ages. 

I know people were getting down after  the first three games - and like I say, I think there will be more significant blips - but overall direction of travel is really positive. 

One day, we might even keep a clean sheet. 

Comes to something when your own keeper is heading them into his own net doesn’t it.???

5 hours ago, CheddarReds said:

Sorry Hampshire Reds, this might not be the thread for you?

In what was a hard fought victory the players are deserving of our plaudits. However, arguably Pearson has earned the most praise. 

The decisions made on the day emphasised the gap in expereince between Pearson and his predecessors. 

Frequently under Johson's tenure we would chop and change our system to adapt to the opposition. But Pearson chose to keep to his preffered system, instead choosing individuals who had the qualities to deal with Cardiff's threats. 

The decision paid dividends as I felt it was one of the quietest performances I've seen from Kieffer Moore at this level. Kalas and Atkinson delt with him well, Baker and Vyner offered more appropriate defensive choices when Moore and others drifted towards the back post.

The most promising decision for me came part way through the second half. After Cardiff equalised it would've been easy for us to think 'we're under the cosh, let's get a defender on and take the point'. In the past it would've been typical City to make this change and concede late on. Pearson chose to bring on Semenyo for King. It was a proactive choice which took the game to Cardiff again. The result was Semenyo providing an assist for a fantastic Weimann volley. 

So - well done Nige, you got it spot on today and deserved your applause at the end of the game. 

You are being unwisely hard on my Hampshire pier. He probably goes to more games than you and i respect his opinions about the club far more than the rubbish you are prone to post on here.

FACTS; Bents and NP gave good interviews post match and Bents reflected this is our 3rd successive win in Cardiff under three consequtitve managers maybe it's our new Craven Cottage??

Pearson has had a very poor run as City manager if judged (how else do you?) by results but those who watch every game will appreciate he is here for the medium/long term benefit of Lansdown and BCFC, not the knee-jerk of most forum members. SL usually gets it right (eg not giving Hughton a 2nd interview!!)

Pearson clearly sees in Semenyo and AW what most fans who go away have recognised in recent seasons; - this is not to 'quiet' the critics of MA/DH/general mgt who clearly also saw the potential of these two forwards but merely to recommend judging players over a period of time. AW was THE most missed player under DH's unlucky reign and will be a top player for us this season

Glad to have a break and looking forward to that first home win in a long time; surely we are now good enought o get that win?

CoYRs

1 minute ago, Hampshire Red said:

You are being unwisely hard on my Hampshire pier. He probably goes to more games than you and i respect his opinions about the club far more than the rubbish you are prone to post on here.

Fair enough. For clarity, it was a light hearted joke and I got the impression @Hampshire redstook it that way. Apologies if not of course!

He prepared the match well and did the right changes, so credit to him.

We can't really compare last season and these first matches, because there was a very different situation (too many injuries that now we don't have, players OOC, etc)...but the signs until now are encourageing, so I think we'll see more improvement soon.

40 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

With the last two coaches the international breaks seemed to always be followed by a bad result. It felt to me like the more time they spent being coached, the worse it got.

I'm actually looking forward to Nige spending time with them as I believe he is actually capable of making further improvements. What a nice change.

Haven’t checked the records but yes we seemed to struggle following the international  breaks.  Be interesting to see our performances under Nige following this international break.

9 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

He prepared the match well and did the right changes, so credit to him.

We can't really compare last season and these first matches, because there was a very different situation (too many injuries that now we don't have, players OOC, etc)...but the signs until now are encourageing, so I think we'll see more improvement soon.

How many out of 10 did Gregor give him today?

The impact NP has had on the  mentality of the squad (now he has the players he wants and they are fit) has been nothing short of amazing.   We have real character and grit now and I can't see us being bullied by anyone in this league like we have in past years.  Outplayed maybe, but not outfought. 

Love his interview after the game.  He was trying soooo hard to stay restrained when you could see he was absolutely delighted.   Hope the squad had a good celebration tonight.   Well deserved for their work so far this season.  Wins like today's need celebrating.  ?

Here's another one:

"City did indeed neutralise the set-pieces, stood firm and counter-punched through the slick Weimann, aided by forward partner Chris Martin. (Whose long throws were the more dangerous in the end? Possibly Kalas', as the second goal came from one.)"

12 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

You are being unwisely hard on my Hampshire pier.

South Parade, Victoria or Eastney?

(Sorry to be pedantic - it's "peer")

Anyway, I agree with the tenor of the majority of the posts on this thread. You can see this season where Pearson wants to steer this team; what his basic requirements are. It's all very positive.

The only time I absolutely was baffled was right near the end, when Cardiff were throwing everyone forward, he changed the shape of the defence, seemingly confusing our players and bring Jay Dasilva on?  Not sure what the thinking was there, at all, but we got away with it, so in the big scheme who cares!

21 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I think the point was our City writer does not seem to use a spell checker. Considiered? Is that French?

Spelling isn't the only issue. He often writes things that make no sense. It really is hard to believe he earns his living from writing as he can't construct proper sentences.

What I like about NP is the way he has gone about giving the side focus and more importantly a sense of direction which b4 him was a complete shitshow. Many on here lambasted NP after the 1st few games this season but you could see what he was trying to achieve even in the early games.

We are very lucky to have him as our manager. Enjoy it while it lasts because he will get other offers if he does well here,

Archived