IGNORED

Arsenal bottom of the premier league

Lanterne Rouge

33 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

2 year campaign to get Wenger out as top 4 was shit, fans fighting amongst themselves in the stands..

Wonder how they feel about that now?

There was a clear start of the decline under Wenger. He needed to go, in my opinion Pep should of joined 2 years before Wenger actually left. 

They never replaced key players under Wenger and continuing the same approach now. 

48 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Didn't they spent over 100mil before the start of this season? I would guess most managers can only dream about that.

100m+ spent is great but how many of the players in that squad are top 4/6 players? Not many, if any. They've regularly overpaid and transfered in players who aren't good enough. Their technical director, Edu, has been on holiday for weeks of this transfer window so perhaps it's no surprise if their transfer business isn't up to much. 

Feels like they've quickly got rid of the good Wenger did and have no direction or attention to detail in their recruitment. 

Arteta has some responsibility don't get me wrong. But until some direction is agreed upon above him I don't think it'll be much different regardless of who the coach is. 

Live to see this. Got a couple of mates who Arsenal fans and self entitled doesn’t even come close. Always moaning if they aren’t in the top 3. I pointed out at one point that top half of the Prem isn’t bad, and most fans of  clubs outside of the elite few would give there eye tooth for a top half prem finish. Queue lots of “but we’re Arsenal we deserve to be competing at the top”, “but we’re a big club”, “well the smaller clubs should be happy where they are” etc., etc. They make Villa fans look like they are full of humility. It’s beyond impossible that they will go down but they could do with a few years mixing with us lesser mortals.

1 hour ago, CheddarReds said:

I'm surprised more isn't said about their owners. As with many clubs, the problems there are above the manager 

I think you'll find that 99% of Arsenal fans cannot stand the owner Stan Kroenke,, and are desperate for him to sell up.  A number of people have tried to buy him out, but he is not interested...despite their current problems, they are still a massive cash cow.  Arsenal will not be a the bottom for long, Arteta is on borrowed time, and a new manager will be there soon IMHO.  They still get gates of 55k, so money's not exactly a problem

24 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

They are a mess, arteta is a terrible coach,

They have no plan no identity no player that cares

They will finish about 13th this season

Can't   see it...Arteta will be gone soon, and as soon as they recruit the right manager to organise what is still a very talented squad,   they'll be top 6 or 7 

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I think you'll find that 99% of Arsenal fans cannot stand the owner Stan Kroenke,, and are desperate for him to sell up.  A number of people have tried to buy him out, but he is not interested...despite their current problems, they are still a massive cash cow.  Arsenal will not be a the bottom for long, Arteta is on borrowed time, and a new manager will be there soon IMHO.  They still get gates of 55k, so money's not exactly a problem

Exactly, like you say Arsenal fans are very unhappy with the board there. I'm surprised it isn't talked about more outside the club by pundits etc.

47 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

100m+ spent is great but how many of the players in that squad are top 4/6 players? Not many, if any. They've regularly overpaid and transfered in players who aren't good enough. Their technical director, Edu, has been on holiday for weeks of this transfer window so perhaps it's no surprise if their transfer business isn't up to much. 

Feels like they've quickly got rid of the good Wenger did and have no direction or attention to detail in their recruitment. 

Arteta has some responsibility don't get me wrong. But until some direction is agreed upon above him I don't think it'll be much different regardless of who the coach is.  

I think they have made decent signings - although I don't know loads about Tavares or Lokonga - but they are the type of signings you'd be looking at a club to make if they had a strong squad and were trying to bring players to embed over the next two or three years. The problem is their signings don't actually address the existing flaws in the squad in the here and now. 

There will be a future manager who finds White, Ramsdale and Odegaard to be good players. And with Tierney, Saka and Smith-Rowe, that might make up a solid squad for the future - any of those six could become top 4/6 players.  But a team that lacks consistent experienced players who can help them compete immediately has failed to sign consistent experienced players who can help them compete immediately and it is no wonder they look short. 

In fairness, they have had two tough opening games and I suspect they will be back up to mid-table over the next few weeks but the team just does not look good enough to get them above seventh or eighth. 

Archived