IGNORED

Arsenal bottom of the premier league

Lanterne Rouge

34 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

What is it in our history that is comparable to what Arsenal did in 1913 - 19?

LMFAO. Look up Bristol City’s history of being elected to the ‘professional’ league (roughly the same time as Arsenal were) as City were one of the few southern clubs at the time to be elected to the 1st Division). It’s all there in black and white. Maybe then you will understand the predicament faced by the then clubs hierarchy. Not perfect by any means, but that’s how things worked at the time. At the end of the day, who ******* cares!

1 hour ago, The Hustler said:

LMFAO. Look up Bristol City’s history of being elected to the ‘professional’ league (roughly the same time as Arsenal were) as City were one of the few southern clubs at the time to be elected to the 1st Division). It’s all there in black and white. Maybe then you will understand the predicament faced by the then clubs hierarchy. Not perfect by any means, but that’s how things worked at the time. At the end of the day, who ******* cares!

I've looked it up to refresh my memory. I've checked a few sources, including our own OS. All I can see is that we were elected from non-league into the second division in 1901. We then played there for a few seasons and earned promotion. I know that election/re-election was common place in the late 1800's and early 1900's. However, I can't see any mention of us ever being elected to the first division "around the same time Arsenal were."

I don't see how that's comparable to a club being relegated, and then being elected for promotion when there were several other, possibly more deserving candidates.

I also can't see anything suggesting any kind of impropriety surrounding our election in 1901, but there's plenty of rumour and suggestion of such around Arsenal in 1919. Arsenal's own website acknowledges that.

If you can show me sources that say otherwise then I'll happily read them, I'm happy to have an adult discussion about the history of football in England. However, as you don't care I assume you won't reply.

I'm not a big fan of Arsenal at all, I loved Arsene Wenger and how he run things even up until about 2016 he was doing a great job (Just look at his signings he was still making).

The fans though - Entitled, arrogant, quite frankly deluded comes to my mind. I always remember Aston Villa after Martin O'Neill left made so many bad managerial appointments and recruitment was awful too, 6 years later - relegated.

Now i'm not saying that will happen right now with Arsenal as they are good enough to be miles clear of relegation, but if they continue to buy big on potential and average players and do not get the next managerial appointment right then in 3 or 4 years they could genuinely get relegated. It would be their own fault too

No character in the team, no leaders.

Some of the players wenger signed, blimey.

Even players like henry, and bergkamp were having tough times before they signed for him.

I liked watching wenger over the years.

He was the perfect gent, when they were winning.

In later years, he was shouting, lashing out at other managers, and digging out other teams players.

In my opinion, Arteta would probably relegate most prem sides, such is his poor coaching abilities. Just because he was assistant at Man City with Pep means nothing, just look at Mike Phelan when he went to Wigan after being with SAF.

Wenger does need to take a bit of resposibilty as he should of left a couple of years earlier when the likes of Pep, Klopp & Ancelotti could of been tempted to Arsenal, but those days are gone now. The signings of the likes of Chambers & Holding shown he was starting to lose it. No idea what their plan for the future is, but right now they should be doing everything they can to try & convince Conte to join.

Archived