IGNORED

Cam Pring

Shuffle

Lots of players having their own threads but thought he was superb today.  Quick and direct but also tackled well & looks at home in the championship. What makes it more impressive is that he’s playing out of position & best compliment I can give is that you wouldn’t know that. Well played Cam.

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He's cemented a first team place to surprisingly little fanfare from the club seeing as though unlike Scott or Semenyo he is a genuine product of the Academy. 

I'd have him over DaSilva at LB personally, but for the time being happy to see both getting a run-out. 

Came through Cheltenham Youth set up.

7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He's cemented a first team place to surprisingly little fanfare from the club seeing as though unlike Scott or Semenyo he is a genuine product of the Academy. 

I'd have him over DaSilva at LB personally, but for the time being happy to see both getting a run-out. 

He popped him from Cheltenham at 18. I think.

Similar to Scott re Guernsey.

23 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Lots of players having their own threads but thought he was superb today.  Quick and direct but also tackled well & looks at home in the championship. What makes it more impressive is that he’s playing out of position & best compliment I can give is that you wouldn’t know that. Well played Cam.

Spot on mate.

Really good today, worked hard for the team, won his fair share of challenges & got some decent crosses in.

Certainly one who has pushed himself well up the pecking order having been given a chance & who Nige clearly rates.

He’s from Wotton-Under-Edge, so definitely local in my book.

I said last week there is a bit of Dave Smith in the way he takes on his full-back…not tonnes of skill, but power and pace.  From the videos I’ve seen he looks like he’s pretty well developed top-half….a similar shape to Kalas (not quite as big though).

Cam Pring certainly looks fit to play in the Championship and doesn't look out of his depth at all.  A big plus for me this season and great to see a youngster able to shine at this level as it's a huge step up.

Alex Scott looks an interesting prospect too. A touch of Grealish in him I think when he has a few more championship games under his belt.

1 minute ago, nickolas said:

Anyone else think he looks very like Weimann too? The commentator got it wrong a few times today too!

Ive been intrigued by Pring ever since last summers friendlies where he looked direct and capable. 
Looks a very good prospect. 

I don’t mind admitting I was massively on the fence over the summer (because you never know until they play), and even wondered if Nurse might be the one to breakthrough.

To think Bakinson didn’t get kitted up today, and Williams and O’Dowda still to compete for places too.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t mind admitting I was massively on the fence over the summer (because you never know until they play), and even wondered if Nurse might be the one to breakthrough.

To think Bakinson didn’t get kitted up today, and Williams and O’Dowda still to compete for places too.

Yep, Nige gave Nurse and Pring the squad position to make their own and Pring bossed it in training apparently, giving Nige no choice but to let Nurse go. 

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yep, Nige gave Nurse and Pring the squad position to make their own and Pring bossed it in training apparently, giving Nige no choice but to let Nurse go. 

Nurse must’ve done ok too (pushing Pring hard) because someone I know said he was gonna sign for Cheltenham right at the start of pre-season, but Nige was impressed so wanted a better look.  As you say Pring won and Nurse went to Shrewsbury.  Nurse has started every game since his initial sub appearance on the opening day.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Came through Cheltenham Youth set up.

Well when my lad was playing for Tetbury youth Cam played for Charlield youth and tbf he was head and shoulders above everything else. 

Today semi pissed in the stand we both reminisced about those days and both said that my lad liked the drink more than football. 

Never mind were happy

Up the City!

Calm… that’s all I have to say about cam.  He is calm when defending and calm when attacking.   He gives fans little to worry’s bout.   I always think he will get that challenge in when defending, or that cross in when attacking.   I’m a big fan

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Dont overlook Cundy the 6ft 5ins center back.  Injured at the mo but will make an impact.

Archived