IGNORED

Cam Pring

Shuffle

Hopefully this won't curse him, but he reminds me of the pre injury Christian Ribiero, he has that ability to run just as effectively at 90 minutes as he does at the start of the match.

I think Ribiero was known as the Russian Robot and apparently the players call Cam, "Dolph" after Dolph Lungren who played a Russian in Rocky 4. :)

I’ve been very impressed by Pring on the wing so far, rather than LB. His pace and skill make him a genuine threat, and he’s strong too. He offers more than COD in that role.

He does remind me of Bryan in many ways, but arguably most in that he plays like he has a point to prove and a real hunger to succeed.

Does anyone know what his contract status is? 

Great to have cam pring in the team and performing well. Having a good academy player coming through... You can't beat it. 

Word of warning though, against Swansea he was absolutely knackered in first half and genuinely looked like a left back being asked to play left midfield. 

IMO start and play him left back. A good start to his bcfc career though ?

56 minutes ago, tin said:

I’ve been very impressed by Pring on the wing so far, rather than LB. His pace and skill make him a genuine threat, and he’s strong too. He offers more than COD in that role.

He does remind me of Bryan in many ways, but arguably most in that he plays like he has a point to prove and a real hunger to succeed.

Does anyone know what his contract status is? 

He signed a contract until summer 2023 last year - announced when he went out on loan to Portsmouth. 

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

Great to have cam pring in the team and performing well. Having a good academy player coming through... You can't beat it. 

Word of warning though, against Swansea he was absolutely knackered in first half and genuinely looked like a left back being asked to play left midfield. 

IMO start and play him left back. A good start to his bcfc career though ?

Apart from the fact he's not an academy player.

Gonna stick my neck on the line here and say he'll be the most improved player of our current squad in the next year or two. You'll see him at a prem club shortly after that.

He just looks like the type of player that once he starts to fully understand his own potential, the jigsaw falls into place and he improves rapidly. Does the basics very well and his decision making/how often he makes the right pass are already at a very high level. There were little chinks of light in his movement yesterday with and without the ball that just oozed class and intelligence that you can't teach.

Can't believe he's now 23, it's clear he's had the raw potential and should've been given a chance earlier under LJ then DH, what a waste of a couple of years.

8 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Can't believe he's now 23, it's clear he's had the raw potential and should've been given a chance earlier under LJ then DH, what a waste of a couple of years.

Tinnion said he was ready last season so naturally the combination of Ashton and Holden got rid of him on loan. Preferred Tommy Rowe.

So much for the alleged pathway.

34 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Tinnion said he was ready last season so naturally the combination of Ashton and Holden got rid of him on loan. Preferred Tommy Rowe.

So much for the alleged pathway.

Wouldn’t be the first player Tinnion said was ready but was sent out on loan instead.

In fairness, manager’s head on the block, but then don’t tell us there’s a pathway either.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Wouldn’t be the first player Tinnion said was ready but was sent out on loan instead.

In fairness, manager’s head on the block, but then don’t tell us there’s a pathway either.

A hit late maybe, but there seems to be one now.

With due deference to "The Troggs" (Pop Band Circa 1966)     "Cam Pring"             

"You make the Ball Sing"

"You make everything groovy"  (Ha!)

"Cam Pring".                         

"I think I Love You"..................Etc  ?

On 28/08/2021 at 20:19, Davefevs said:

Nurse must’ve done ok too (pushing Pring hard) because someone I know said he was gonna sign for Cheltenham right at the start of pre-season, but Nige was impressed so wanted a better look.  As you say Pring won and Nurse went to Shrewsbury.  Nurse has started every game since his initial sub appearance on the opening day.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nurse came back to us maybe after JD leaves.  You would hope there's some kind of buy back clause for us.

19 hours ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Gonna stick my neck on the line here and say he'll be the most improved player of our current squad in the next year or two. You'll see him at a prem club shortly after that.

He just looks like the type of player that once he starts to fully understand his own potential, the jigsaw falls into place and he improves rapidly. Does the basics very well and his decision making/how often he makes the right pass are already at a very high level. There were little chinks of light in his movement yesterday with and without the ball that just oozed class and intelligence that you can't teach.

Reference first sentence, you may be correct and nothing would give me more pleasure.

However, we have several young gems in the making.

Massengo, Scott, Bell, Conway, Towler, Bakinson to name a few.

As someone who has seen City youngsters developing since the Brian Clark and Bobby Williams era, to bring in "Our Own" is the most rewarding things that happens.

On 28/08/2021 at 18:23, Kid in the Riot said:

Fair enough. Went to KLB though so he's a local lad and been at the club for over 5 years so I'm counting him ? 

As another product of KLB, I’m proud to reveal that having had to stop playing in the Welsh League at 26 due to a bad knee injury, I made a comeback at 50 when managing up at Daventry Town in the United Counties League. Pleased to say that I was still an absolute cart horse but gave a master class to the youngsters in going down loudly in the opposition box whenever I felt the touch of a butterfly on my back!

liking what I’m seeing of young Master Pring so far.

Archived