IGNORED

VAR 21/22

Fordy62

Honestly think it's a tough one.

The ball looks to me like it's going in anyway after the first time it hits him.

His arm is swung out (bad wording) a small amount, though I'd say for balance rather than intent to stop the ball.

There will be a decision like this most weeks in the Championship or League 1 that won't be given because it doesn't get seen by an official at the time, if it's your club you want the penalty, if it's against you you feel hard done by.

Personally wouldn't give a red, but if its what the letter of the law says then the ref has to.

22 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Once he gave the penalty it was always going to be a red.

Azpilicueta is embarrassing himself. Does he think the ref is going to change his mind if he keeps moaning at him?

Him & Jorginho. Weak refereeing to me, allowing players to moan at him all game. Tell them to go away and if they don't start booking players for dissent. 

4 minutes ago, Super said:

The Premier League have clarified to The Athletic that Leeds defender Pascal Strujik was sent off due to “the intensity and endangerment of Harvey Elliott”.

It was certainly accidental, there’s was no malice in the tackle. Things like that happen regularly at all levels of football.

Archived