IGNORED

When Williams is fit then just maybe…

Better Red

After recent performances and with the the fact we have a fit squad it looks like with one or additions and maybe a bit of luck with injuries we could have a decent season. 

Williams coming back will mean a decent 3 in the middle with HNM or King alongside James.

I think we still need 1 or 2 additions - striker, RB and if we could get the other 2 maybe a winger.

Palmer and Wells look surplus and will be on big wages and I am sure a lot depends on if we can move them on.

There is no doubt that we are playing much better than last season and have been bit unlucky to not have at least 10 points.

I am not sure if we will get above 5th but 6th is up for grabs in a division apart from the relegated teams looks pretty tight.

A long way to go but Nige seems to be  getting the team into a team that looks more committed and also importantly plays much more going forward and we actually look a team who will score and it’s been a long time since we have been able to say that.

So just maybe….

37 minutes ago, Better Red said:

After recent performances and with the the fact we have a fit squad it looks like with one or additions and maybe a bit of luck with injuries we could have a decent season. 

Williams coming back will mean a decent 3 in the middle with HNM or King alongside James.

I think we still need 1 or 2 additions - striker, RB and if we could get the other 2 maybe a winger.

Palmer and Wells look surplus and will be on big wages and I am sure a lot depends on if we can move them on.

There is no doubt that we are playing much better than last season and have been bit unlucky to not have at least 10 points.

I am not sure if we will get above 5th but 6th is up for grabs in a division apart from the relegated teams looks pretty tight.

A long way to go but Nige seems to be  getting the team into a team that looks more committed and also importantly plays much more going forward and we actually look a team who will score and it’s been a long time since we have been able to say that.

So just maybe….

As said before . Yes we need players , but it’ll be one or two per window . We’ll be building on the solid base we’re putting in place now . You can forget getting anywhere near the play offs this season . If you watch interviews you can gauge this. 

19 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Is anyone hopeful of Williams actually ever being fit? Not a dig at him, it’s obviously tough and frustrating. I hadn’t even seen anything regarding this latest injury I don’t think.

He said on RobinsTV at the end of the game, he is feeling as good as he has ever felt at City so hopefully after the break we will see him

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I rather liked Williams’s contribution on Robins tv.  He certainly seemed like a committed member of the squad.

He was ace today. Great little four letter word when we conceded, and absolutely did not hide the fact that the handbags are actually exactly what everyone wants to see. He was open and honest and was good on comms.

1 hour ago, Better Red said:

So just maybe….

As for this...honestly, whilst today's win was a great result and performances have improved over last season, I can't see us challenging the top 6, Williams or no Williams. We scored two good goals, but we're still pretty shot shy - only took 9 today. I think these first 5 games could well be the pattern we see. A bit of luck for us, a bit against, 2 wins, 2 losses and a draw 7 scored, 7 conceded and we trundle along to mid-table.

Personally, and I'm aware this might "lack ambition" or be "small-club mentality", I think that going from relegation fodder to a competent Championship side in under a year is enough. If you remember where we were when Pearson took over, or where we were when last season ended, then to be in a position where we can take 7 points from 15...that's pretty good actually.

Next season though...just maybe.

This is a building season.

We'll have some good days some bad days. Think the overall performance levels are, have been sounder than much of last season but midtable will do nicely.

In such seasons, a Cup run can always be nice too so fitness and form/League position permitting, we could look to prioritise one come January.

Williams if fit, a fine player. We then have 5 for 2, at times maybe 3 CM places. Good- competition drives standards and vice versa.

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I rather liked Williams’s contribution on Robins tv.  He certainly seemed like a committed member of the squad.

He's an excellent player. Can pass, gets stuck in and goes for goal when he gets near the opposition pen area.

3 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I was on the Red button, don't know if it was the winning feeling but I thought the guy on comms was excellent, seemed to know his stuff, I much prefer ONE on the mic than the forced camaraderie of two ***** trying to out joke each other as the game goes on undisturbing their egos !

Archived