IGNORED

Matty James (Merged many many times)

glynriley

Yup agreed. Shame it took us 2 years to replace him- but we now have! 

Ona side note, and not start comparisons, but Pack was very good for Cardiff today I though, the trade mark reverse pass for their goal especially- sadly with their team, most of the game is I’ve this head. 

Back to James to finish- Superb. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Superb signing & finally we have a presence in there. Can do the lot & looks quality & can see why Nige made him his number 1 target. On a side note thought King had his best game.

Kings clearance off the line was as good as a goal as he was the only one who anticipated it otherwise it’s 1-1 in the first half 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Agree. Though I'd say everything we've missed since Brownhill left. I thought we should have been looking to bring James in on loan when Brownhill was sold. 

It's great that we managed to sign him since he had such a good season injury free last season. Obviously largely down to James and Pearson having a close relationship. No doubt many clubs would have been interested.

Swansea and Coventry for two.

Immense.

Has a little bit of everything, mobile, uses the ball very well, wins challenges, finds space, available for a pass, always goal side when we are defending.

Really rate him, only 30 last month, looks a great acquisition.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Immense.

Has a little bit of everything, mobile, uses the ball very well, wins challenges, finds space, available for a pass, always goal side when we are defending.

Really rate him, only 30 last month, looks a great acquisition.

Think I recall hearing someone (Pearson? Rennie?) saying that James is effectively a "young thirty" as he's played so few games over the last few years.

Could have a few more years in him than we might expect, too.

I think Matty James is a very good player but we need to be fair and admit that Marlon was an excellent servant for us for a number of seasons. 

Marlon was never the most mobile central midfielder and his legs have pretty much gone now, but he served us well.

Matty James is very comfortable on the ball and can back it up physically, which is something we have really missed in the last couple of seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Yup agreed. Shame it took us 2 years to replace him- but we now have! 

Ona side note, and not start comparisons, but Pack was very good for Cardiff today I though, the trade mark reverse pass for their goal especially- sadly with their team, most of the game is I’ve this head. 

Back to James to finish- Superb. 

Thought Pack was anonymous tbf. But anyone in a Cardiff midfield would be whilst watching ur centre backs just smash it past you 60 yards all game. 
What a horrendous style they have. Not suited to Pack at all. 
Would hate to watch that shite most weeks!

18 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

Suits Pack perfectly as his legs have gone. A good servant but seriously over rated buy a number on here. 

No he had left Barnsley before they really took off.

14 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

He left Barnsley and went to Coventry in the January transfer window.

My bad 

45 minutes ago, Henry said:

There were lots of times where the ball was being headed or flicked back and forth. Quite a few times, James managed to bring the ball down and pass it to someone in space. Not exactly Hollywood passes but real composure and experience to regain control.

Looking forward to Wyscout updating today’s fixtures.  James should feature pretty prominently in terms of volume of actions.

1 hour ago, Edgy Red said:

I think Matty James is a very good player but we need to be fair and admit that Marlon was an excellent servant for us for a number of seasons. 

Marlon was never the most mobile central midfielder and his legs have pretty much gone now, but he served us well.

Matty James is very comfortable on the ball and can back it up physically, which is something we have really missed in the last couple of seasons.

My impression of Pack was that he looks like a complete gypo. In desperate need of a hair cut and a good shave.

On vaguely the same subject was Flint wearing an Alice band or do I need a visit to the Opticans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Thought Pack was anonymous tbf. But anyone in a Cardiff midfield would be whilst watching ur centre backs just smash it past you 60 yards all game. 
What a horrendous style they have. Not suited to Pack at all. 
Would hate to watch that shite most weeks!

Unfair to detract away from MJ’s performance on this thread. 

so let’s agree to disagree on that one and enjoy the Win!

Edited by ohhhshauntaylor
Double post