IGNORED

Andy King

GrahamC

Firstly anyone who has seen his celebrations at the final whistle will know how much it means to him.

When we signed him I admit I was concerned, 33 soon, played no football at all last season in Belgium, as a former NP player it had all the makings of another Jody Morris signing.

How wrong I was, in the games I have seen he’s been very good & even last week v Swansea he came as near to scoring as anyone & was only on the pitch 10 minutes.

Great goal line clearance today & I was actually surprised he was taken off as I thought he was playing very well.

I know it is only 5 games but he looks a valuable squad man & I’m sure will give his all.

Bringing someone in like King wasn’t just about his input of the pitch. But also his input off the pitch. A highly determined veteran who will help set the pace of the commitment and dedication Pearson will want to see from the team. He’s a fantastic role model to our younger pros. 

1 minute ago, Redpool said:

Bringing someone in like King wasn’t just about his input of the pitch. But also his input off the pitch. A highly determined veteran who will help set the pace of the commitment and dedication Pearson will want to see from the team. He’s a fantastic role model to our younger pros. 

Absolutely agree, however I think the point being made by OP is effectively the inverse of this.

I certainly viewed it as a "for the dressing room / club culture" type signing, who would maybe have the odd appearance here and there. I gather that most others felt the same.

It's his brilliant contribution on the pitch that's been pleasantly surprising IMO!

3 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Absolutely agree, however I think the point being made by OP is effectively the inverse of this.

I certainly viewed it as a "for the dressing room / club culture" type signing, who would maybe have the odd appearance here and there. I gather that most others felt the same.

It's his brilliant contribution on the pitch that's been pleasantly surprising IMO!

Totally this.

I expected to be hearing a lot of “great around the place” comments by NP about someone who got the last 5 minutes as a sub every now & then.

Andy King is nothing of the sort, he’s holding down a starting place on merit.

27 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Great shout, glad others on here are watching the body language of all the NP team and members of the bench. Where are all those Wells fans now, probably in the silence cavern of those who didnt rate Weimann!

I rate them both….you don’t have to choose, just because you rate one, doesn't mean you have to hate the other.

I try to like all our players.  What a sad comment to make? ??‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I rate them both….you don’t have to choose, just because you rate one, doesn't mean you have to hate the other.

I try to like all our players.  What a sad comment to make? ??‍♂️

Exactly. 

I see Lee Johnson's cheerleader is finally tuning in to Pearson. 

30 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

A proper top level pro,who’s ability wasn’t in question but his age was for some 

A squad of good players beats a handful of very good individuals.

Andy King appears a very good fit for this club in the side and around it.

No surprise to me that Pearson, with little fuss or fanfare has bought in some trusted and close associates on and off the pitch, and in James and King we have a couple of guys I would have liked to have played with, and they are also making our other players look better.

Pearson, without wishing to have a complete upheaval of the previous backroom staff, has been skilful in his subtlety and sensitivity particularly around Downing and Simpson and has cleverly put a couple of coaches on the pitch. 

45 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Great shout, glad others on here are watching the body language of all the NP team and members of the bench. Where are all those Wells fans now, probably in the silence cavern of those who didnt rate Weimann!

Your never-ending ability to make the simplest of positive posts into a negative inflammatory one is astounding.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Firstly anyone who has seen his celebrations at the final whistle will know how much it means to him.

When we signed him I admit I was concerned, 33 soon, played no football at all last season in Belgium, as a former NP player it had all the makings of another Jody Morris signing.

How wrong I was, in the games I have seen he’s been very good & even last week v Swansea he came as near to scoring as anyone & was only on the pitch 10 minutes.

Great goal line clearance today & I was actually surprised he was taken off as I thought he was playing very well.

I know it is only 5 games but he looks a valuable squad man & I’m sure will give his all.

I think you/we had every right to be cautious and a bit sceptical of the signing after the Brunt debacle and as you said, his recent record. 

…. loved his celebration at FT! 

His experience is very beneficial. If Matty James goes forward, AK just stays in front of the back four to ensure we don't get hit on the break.

Yet when near the opponent's penalty area, he's looking to attack the goal.

Enjoy him now because by next season, he may have done all he can for Pearson and his boyhood club and steps aside for them to continue our progress.

1 hour ago, Redpool said:

Also him being a city fan you know he’s got passion for the club and not just using it as a final pay check 

Yes his celebration at the end was fantastic, I thought he was going to pop. Gave his his shirt to a young lad in the front row (as did Semenyo). His contribution has been greatly under appreciated on here, simply because he goes under the radar. He gets a tackle in keeps possession and does the simple things well. 

13 hours ago, GrahamC said:

How right you are, Gray, and I tell you what, I bet he can even organise a better Christmas party than JM!

Archived