IGNORED

Aden Flint

Port Said Red

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Your ‘accrued transfer values’ point is ridiculous - Baker was with Villa from the age of 13 - he worked his way through their academy to play over 100 premier league games for Villa whilst earning 16 England caps at various age brackets along the way ... top players who develop in this way are obviously not going to be transferred around for exorbitant fees, yet you chose Flint’s transfer fees as a stick with which to beat Baker - it’s not comparing like with like ... 

100 premier appearances for villa and some england age caps means you are obviously not going to be transferred around for exorbitant fees? There are countless players who transfer around in those circumstances! Grealish was the most recent.

and i dont have a problem with baker, but to compare him and flint in their time here is rediculous, one will be remembered as a leader, a goal scoring warrior who put his head on the line and drove us on to promotion and took us up the championship table before being sold for 6 million,,, the other,, well, he gets injured a lot, does some rash challenges, and invariably gets dropped whenever we sign a better centre back.

59 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

100 premier appearances for villa and some england age caps means you are obviously not going to be transferred around for exorbitant fees? There are countless players who transfer around in those circumstances! Grealish was the most recent.

and i dont have a problem with baker, but to compare him and flint in their time here is rediculous, one will be remembered as a leader, a goal scoring warrior who put his head on the line and drove us on to promotion and took us up the championship table before being sold for 6 million,,, the other,, well, he gets injured a lot, does some rash challenges, and invariably gets dropped whenever we sign a better centre back.

My post wasn’t comparing Flint and Baker in terms of their contributions at our club - it was making the point that your ‘accrued transfer values’ comparison is ridiculous because Baker spent 13 years at Villa before his one transfer - so, as I said, you weren’t comparing like for like ...

17 hours ago, Wiltsred14 said:

Contentious comment, I know. 

He’s just lost a derby, against his old club… I can understand why he might have been a bit salty. Would fans on here have been too bothered if he did the same to a Swindon fan back in our promotion season? 

Sometimes I do feel for players, who are often, and wrongly, seen to be the panacea for people’s problems. 

I agree, not the best time to approach an ex player. Anyway it seems it's all sorted now. Apparently the Mother's whinging alerted him on social media and he has promised a shirt ( hopefully a Cardiff City one ?). 

On 29/08/2021 at 10:32, Red-Robbo said:

I never can understand booing former players - unless they left us in a contentious way or have dissed us retrospectively.   Neither of those did.

I never can understand clapping former players.

After the game fine but before or during the game not a chance. You want them to be uncomfortable and off there game against us.

Seems as though a local BBC journalist must be reading this site, and just for a laugh to brighten a dull day posted on the Bristol news under latest updates  the following headline

Flint completes Bristol City move

I nearly fell off my chair on clicking on the story however it is dated 11 June 2013. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/bristol

So not exactly latest updates , how soon will they inform us Mafeking has been relieved 

Posted at 12:59 

2 hours ago, Marco the red said:

He had a horrible spell under o driscoll in our first L1 season, I remember he made 4 mistakes in a row that cost goals including injury time against Port Vale when we didn't win st start of season. Same thing happened in Champ e.g Anya when dodgy back header in draw.

Generally good for us but can't ignore that he had some poor spells here.

As has pretty much every player that’s ever played for us

4 hours ago, RedM said:

I agree, not the best time to approach an ex player. Anyway it seems it's all sorted now. Apparently the Mother's whinging alerted him on social media and he has promised a shirt ( hopefully a Cardiff City one ?). 

I just hope there’s enough room to squeeze it into the wardrobe, amongst the other BCFC memorabilia that’s been acquired following relentless social media campaigns. Poor lad

19 minutes ago, Wiltsred14 said:

I just hope there’s enough room to squeeze it into the wardrobe, amongst the other BCFC memorabilia that’s been acquired following relentless social media campaigns. Poor lad

I would think Flint and many of our other current players were pretty hacked off with the same parent bragging things all the time and decided to give some attention to other fans, and rightly so. 

19 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Correct fact but soooo wrong IMHO on both counts. Neither player has ever, afaik, had anything but good things to say about our club so the booing was really crass IMHO.

A 'Cardiff get battered everywhere they go' supporting mate of mine said Marlon went over and applauded the City support, is that true? If he did, class from MP.

No reason to boo either player.

I was at a family wedding yesterday and was a tad wobbly by midnight so have been catching up today! :drunk2:'Cheer up Holloway etc etc' (loads of gas at the wedding). ;)

Anyone who boos any of the players from that 2014/2015 squad needs to take a long hard look at themselves - those guys won a proper trophy for our club - the first for 60 years. It was an unbelievable feeling to see our guys on the pitch with a proper piece of silverware in their hands ... I will forever be grateful to every member of that squad for bringing it home. I wouldn’t dream of booing any of them, ever ...

On 29/08/2021 at 09:39, Robbored said:

I’ve never understood why some see Flint as some kind of legend. The guy was and still is a throwback to the 70s a ‘head it and kick it’ merchant - a very one dimensional player with very little footballing ability.

The record seems to have stuck with you, using this phrase every time Flint is mentioned - even though time and time again he proved your constant criticism of him wrong as he stepped up to overcome each and every challenge presented to him as he advanced his very successful Championship career at AG. 

Reminds me of another of your stock phrases, when in each Mark Ashton thread you were determined to be his most ardent devotee and could not hold back from gushing adoringly that he was 'Mr. C h a r i s m a.' :laugh:

A less observed description of Ashton from you these days - I wonder why? - maybe time to admit you evaluated Flint's abilities and stay at City in a similarly embarrassing fashion too.

Archived