IGNORED

Loan Thread 2021/22

Port Said Red

I think we have enough out there now to pin up a new thread for those of us who like to follow the progress of the loanees. Presumably there will be more in the coming days.

I think we have, in no particular order.

Taylor Moore - Hearts 

Marlee Francois - Bath City

Owura Edwards - Exeter City

Joe Low - Eastleigh

So @Moderator are we able to pin this?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was pinned
On 29/08/2021 at 00:24, Port Said Red said:

I think we have enough out there now to pin up a new thread for those of us who like to follow the progress of the loanees. Presumably there will be more in the coming days.

I think we have, in no particular order.

Taylor Moore - Hearts 

Marlee Francois - Bath City

Owura Edwards - Exeter City

Joe Low - Eastleigh

So @Moderator are we able to pin this?

Not the usual 8-10 or so we'd usually have to comment on. Still enjoy seeing how they get on. 

Hopefully Owura starts the next game, he looked very good for Grimsby in that division last year. 

• Like 1

Just looked at the live text of the Exeter game on the BBC. Edwards came on in the 76th minute and seemed quite involved. 

85' Attempt missed. Jake Caprice (Exeter City) right footed shot from outside the box is too high. Assisted by Owura Edwards

86' Foul by Owura Edwards (Exeter City).

90' Attempt blocked. Owura Edwards (Exeter City) right footed shot from the left side of the box is blocked. Assisted by Jake Caprice.

Yesterday I went to see my hometown Bath City vs top of the league (and fully professional as far as I am aware) Dartford FC. Dartford were pretty convincing and won 3-1.

Marlee Francois, playing as right wing back in a back 5, showed some glimpses in the final third of the match when the Romans were chasing. Looked as if he would benefit from playing a bit further forward with more creative licence. 

Josh Owers was pretty anonymous against a Dartford team who were streets ahead of Bath in reality. He only joined on the day of the match too so perhaps not the best game to judge him on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 02/09/2021 at 16:16, Carey 6 said:

Not the usual 8-10 or so we'd usually have to comment on. Still enjoy seeing how they get on. 

Hopefully Owura starts the next game, he looked very good for Grimsby in that division last year. 

Looking more like it now, gives Tinns some work to do. :) 

Taylor Moore - Hearts 

Owura Edwards - Exeter City

Joe Low - Eastleigh

Ryley Towler - Grimsby Town

Marlee Francois, 

Josh Owers 

Callum Wood, -  all Bath City

Will Buse,

Khari Allen -  both Taunton Town

On 08/09/2021 at 22:00, Port Said Red said:

Looking more like it now, gives Tinns some work to do. :) 

Taylor Moore - Hearts Edinburgh Derby tomorrow 

Owura Edwards - Exeter City didn’t get on

Joe Low - Eastleigh not in MD squad

Ryley Towler - Grimsby Town played CB in a 4 in a 3-1 win at Torquay.  Ignore pitch graphic on BBC….Tinman DMd me to say he was at CB.

Marlee Francois, started in a 3-1 win away to Braintree

Josh Owers ditto Francois

Callum Wood, -  all Bath City not in MD squad

Will Buse, started in a 3-2 at Farnborough

Khari Allen -  both Taunton Town came on after 53 mins (2-0 down).

⬆️⬆️⬆️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Both Towler and Joe low in action tonight, the BBC Sport website has them both down as playing right midfield for their teams, which in the case of Joe Low seems unlikely? 

Towler got 90 in another 3-1 win and Low also 90 in a 4-1 win (Vince Harper got 79 mins)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Some comments:

We simply have to keep this lad all season. As PH said post-match Saturday, plays when he can and clears when he should. Lads got a big future ahead if him ??

Ryley T was MOTM for me, great presence and exudes confidence.

Needs keeping for the season and I don’t see why not. Top player

Got Championship swagger, We'll take that ?

Do we know where he played? As I said in a previous post, the BBC have him at left midfield, but those comments suggest left back or left of back 3.

It was CB in a 4 on Saturday, Tinman tweeted me because BBC had him right wing, just like last night.  Wyscout hasn’t done it’s overnight update yet, but they’ve listed in squad number order in their team sheet (not pitch graphic) and if BBC use that ordering then that’s why he’s shown on the wing.  No doubt he played CB though.

Joe Low showed as right winger on BBC too.  Hoping Tinman will reply to my late night tweet.

This is from Grimsby’s Academy coach.

he was up against Paul Mullin, who was at Cambridge last season.

• Like 1

How the Bristol City players got on last weekend, for their loan clubs.

Ryley Towler started for Grimsby Town, as they beat Torquay United, 3-1. Manager Paul Hurst was very pleased with his debut performance. He played the full 90 minutes.

Will Buse started for Taunton Town. Khari Allen was subbed on in the 53rd minute. They lost 3-2 to Farnbrough.

Josh Owers and Marlee Francois started for Bath City, as they Braintree Town, 3-1. They both played a full 90 minutes. Callum Wood was not involved.

Taylor Moore started on the bench for Hearts, as they drew 0-0 vs Hibernian. He was subbed on in the 66th minute.

Owura Edwards was a unused substitute for Exeter City, as they beat Scunthorpe United, 4-0.

Joe Low started for Eastleigh, he was subbed off in the 63rd minute. The game ended 1-1 vs Barnet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Taylor Moore - played 90 minutes Hearts drew 2-2 away, Taylor scored just over 6 on the BBC fans poll, about in the middle of the rest of the team.

Owura Edwards - Came on after 68 minutes for Exeter City and had a lot of influence on the game judging by the BBC Live Text.

Joe Low - Eastleigh subbed after 63 minutes in their 2-0 defeat to Ryley Towler and Grimsby Town, Ryley played all 90.

Only Josh Owers played for Bath City as they won 0-1 away in the FA Cup qualifying round to Shaftesbury

Will Buse was in goal as Taunton were thrashed 5-1 away to WSM :( 

Khari Allen not in the squad.

• Thanks 2

I followed some Grimsby fans Tweets after his first couple of games, they've been impressed.
I did wonder how he would cope physically, seems he's managed very well. I think they sort of expected him to be decent on the ball, which apparently he has been, but better than they'd expected.

Good loan for him it looks like.

Josh Owers played the full 90 in a 0-3 home defeat for Bath. George Elokobi was Maidstones captain!

Marlee Francois didn't appear, but he came on as sub for our U23's in the week, so not sure what that means.

Will Buse had a clean sheet as Taunton won 3-0. 

Khari Allen not in the squad, but Zac Smith was in their team, has he left us now? 

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Blimey Bath are have a nightmare of a season so far!

I think Francois was only a month loan? Pretty sure I heard the commentator say that in the 23s game midweek.

Yeah Zac Smith was released by City and joined Taunton.

I would suggest more of a rollercoaster than a nightmare, but very frustrating nevertheless.