IGNORED

Loan Thread 2021/22

Port Said Red

4 hours ago, Colemanballs said:

Hearts fans seemingly impressed with Moore.

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/193875-taylor-moore/

Indeed, they seem to be so impressed they even have their own nickname for him; Mary, as in Mary Tyler Moore of Dick van Dyke fame.

What was also noticeable from their thread was that they all seem to agree he is a good right-sided centre back, who excels in bringing the ball out from defence, rather than just 'hoofing' it. 

I was not the only one who suggested on this forum that poor old TM was suffering, being scapegoated even, as he was being played as a left-sided centre back.

Good Luck to everybody's favourite prospective son-in-law.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Low played 90 in a 1-1 draw v Borehamwood (Harper on the bench.

Towler played 90 in a 6-0 win v Dover to go top.

Moore played 90 and picked up a yellow in a 2-0 win v Motherwell as Hearts go top.

Edwards not in Exeter squad?

Joe Low played 90 in Eastleighs 1 1 draw.

Josh Owers played all 90 in Bath Citys 5 0 cup win against Frome. Will Buse and Taunton won 2 1 in the cup, Hartley Wintneys goal was deflected past him apparently.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Edwards not in Exeter squad?

Joe Low played 90 in Eastleighs 1 1 draw.

Josh Owers played all 90 in Bath Citys 5 0 cup win against Frome. Will Buse and Taunton won 2 1 in the cup, Hartley Wintneys goal was deflected past him apparently.

Sounds like just the loan Owura needs….that’s not me being facetious either.  Battle it out week after week at a good club just to get minutes.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Moore is quality on the right side of a three. His willingness to play in positions for which he isn't suited is the main reason why he's so underrated here. Holden's persistence with playing him on the left was criminally negligent.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Colemanballs said:

Moore is quality on the right side of a three. His willingness to play in positions for which he isn't suited is the main reason why he's so underrated here. Holden's persistence with playing him on the left was criminally negligent.

You are Joey Barton and I claim my £5 :)

• Like 1

OS version: 

Taylor Moore completed another 90 minutes for Hearts as they headed to the summit of the Scottish Premiership on Saturday night after a hard-fought 2-0 victory over Motherwell at Tynecastle Park.

There was similar success for Ryley Towler’s Grimsby Town as a first-half goal blitz took the Mariners top of the National League with a 6-0 win, while Joe Low was involved in Eastleigh’s 1-1 draw with Boreham Wood.

Callum Wood and Josh Owers helped Bath City produce a five-star display at a wet Twerton Park to sweep aside Frome Town 5-0 and secure a place in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round.

Meanwhile, Will Buse pulled off several saves as Taunton Town secured a 2-1 victory in the Southern League, with the Peacocks coming from behind and grabbing a stoppage time winner.

• Thanks 1

On 03/10/2021 at 15:30, Davefevs said:

I also think Moore plays better as a central defender and is in his right place. Thanks for the article.?

Edited by Pokitren
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Pokitren said:

I also think Moore plays better as a central defender and is in his right place. Thanks for the article.

He isn’t a RB at all imho.  He’s good on the ball, but he’s not nimble enough to play there these days.  His body shape is quite top-heavy now (it wasn’t in 16/17 when he signed) and he’s built to be a CB.

• Like 3

Owura Edwards played about 30 minutes in Exeter's 2 2 away draw. 

Ryley Towler played the 90 in Grimsby's latest 1-0 away win

No Sign of Joe Low in the Eastleigh squad, injury or age group call up?

Josh Owers played the 90 in another big defeat for Bath City (4-1)

Will Buse played for Taunton as they drew 1 1

Prince Henry played 83 minutes in WSM's 2-1 win 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Owura Edwards played about 30 minutes in Exeter's 2 2 away draw. 

Ryley Towler played the 90 in Grimsby's latest 1-0 away win

No Sign of Joe Low in the Eastleigh squad, injury or age group call up?

Josh Owers played the 90 in another big defeat for Bath City (4-1)

Will Buse played for Taunton as they drew 1 1

Prince Henry played 83 minutes in WSM's 2-1 win 

Nathaniel Williams played for WSM as well 

OS account 

Ryley Towler played his part in a clean sheet for Grimsby Town in the Vanarama National League. He featured the full 90 minutes in Saturday's 1-0 win away to Woking. Grimsby are two points clear at the top of the table, two points clear of Boreham Wood after 11 matches, of which Towler has played eight times his joining on loan.

Owura Edwards came off the bench in the 67th minute of a 2-2 draw away to Stevenage. Exeter City had twice led but saw their leads cancelled out by Elliott List's brace.

Elsewhere, Josh Owers was on the end of a 4-1 defeat for Bath City against Dorking Wanderers.

3 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

OS account 

Ryley Towler played his part in a clean sheet for Grimsby Town in the Vanarama National League. He featured the full 90 minutes in Saturday's 1-0 win away to Woking. Grimsby are two points clear at the top of the table, two points clear of Boreham Wood after 11 matches, of which Towler has played eight times his joining on loan.

Owura Edwards came off the bench in the 67th minute of a 2-2 draw away to Stevenage. Exeter City had twice led but saw their leads cancelled out by Elliott List's brace.

Elsewhere, Josh Owers was on the end of a 4-1 defeat for Bath City against Dorking Wanderers.

I cobbled this thread together on Towler, video included in second tweet.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2021 at 16:38, Davefevs said:

I cobbled this thread together on Towler, video included in second tweet.

Seen plenty of Tweets and Posts about Towler from day one. After his first game fans were saying how strong he was, which has been my concern.

48 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Seen plenty of Tweets and Posts about Towler from day one. After his first game fans were saying how strong he was, which has been my concern.

Having seen Dave Rennie's interview I think it's quite possible that with todays tech to give players like him the same kind of fitness regime and monitor them remotely. It means that National League football doesn't necessarily mean NL training, that would have been a concern of mine in the past. I would think that it's also beneficial to the loaning club in that their players will see what is required at higher levels and maybe try to aspire to that.

Josh Owers played the 90 as Bath City were knocked out of the Cup by Banbury.

Will Buse and Khari Allen played in a 7 - 1 win for Taunton Town. Apparently Buse made a "world class" save to stop them going 1 down and then saved a penalty at 3 - 1.

Prince Henry came on for the last 25 as WSM lost 1 - 3 to Salisbury, they were already losing and down to 10 men by then.