IGNORED

Gregor MacGregor returns

Shtanley

41 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

I enjoy the pod but Gregor puts me off the bloke knows nothing about football. Only last week he was claiming that Ryan Kent was one of our loan success stories. Cant stand him.

Success maybe in that we didn't buy him after the loan.

I'm currently watching the Old Firm derby and Kent looks as poor as when he was on loan to us  - there's no way he'd get near our current starting line up.

I like the episode number as have been listening since the first episode.  The quick mental arithmetic I have to do to work out how many hours of my life I have wasted to listening helps keep my brain active.  In retrospect I could have used that time to become fluent in another language or trained to become a ninja.  

#otibisnotsocialmedia

Great show as always.

1 hour ago, Marco the red said:

I enjoy the pod but Gregor puts me off the bloke knows nothing about football. Only last week he was claiming that Ryan Kent was one of our loan success stories. Cant stand him.

Bring back Stockhausen

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

I'll give this one a miss if he's on

Dont understand this stance at all. It's hardly the Gregor show, (there are two other people) and despite what people feel about Gregor, he has access and insight that none of the other guests have. Ian from FBC boils my p**s but it doesn't stop me from enjoying that show too.

This out-dated 'fans vs journos' bullsh*t in this day and age is just cringe worthy.

3 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

I’ve found Gregor a bit infuriating recently with his not so subtle digs at NP, but I do really enjoy him when he’s on OSIB. He’s got a good sense of humour and adds value, just wish he’d be a bit more professional in his day job.

To be fair, I think the way that Nige talks to the press is going to get backs up. At times he is just plain rude.

Sounds like Gregor and Nige get on just fine, all this toxic bullshit on here by some posters, that they have a bad relationship is obviously complete Bollocks. Ha!   Gregor does a great job IMHO, and he makes a brilliant contribution to the OSIB Podcast.

23 hours ago, 2015 said:

Bring back Stockhausen

This is exactly what I think when people are critical of Gregor. I am sure Gregor isn't perfect and Stockhausen being a ***** doesn't make him immune from criticism, but AS was truly awful. 

I think Gregor's fine. I'm sure he's probably enjoying the challenge a little bit. Part of the job. 

3 hours ago, RedZepperin said:

Very good episode. Bit too much swearing still though. Gregor was good fun as always. Was "slapstick" own goal the term Stanley was looking for?

I listened to the latest one earlier whilst out running and I really noticed this as I can’t remember it being all that sweary before. Still enjoyed it though (the podcast, not the run :laugh:) 

On 29/08/2021 at 21:21, exAtyeoMax said:

I really like Gregor and his dry wit. Nice to have him back ??

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

I wonder how many attribute this to Abraham Lincoln, or even Bob Dylan.

5 hours ago, RedZepperin said:

Very good episode. Bit too much swearing still though. Gregor was good fun as always. Was "slapstick" own goal the term Stanley was looking for?

Agree with that, sounds a bit contrived. I can swear like a docker, but only in company that I know. The swearing devalues it a bit imo.

Just my opinion, still like the content and appreciative of Stan putting it together.

Proposed categories of own goal:

1. Unfortunate - those OGs that just happen, and there's not much anyone can do. No one is particularly at fault and there's little particularly notable to discuss. Often these result from a cross and the defender just doesn't get the clearance quite right.
  2. Freak - something mad and unusual has happened here, or it's all a bit chaotic, maybe someone is at fault, but it's hard to say who, and it would be nigh on impossible to replicate it. Several ricochets have probably occurred (Kompany).
  3. Comedy - reserved for those that involve defenders ending up in pain - because pain is funny (Bale).
  4. Embarrassing - this one is definitely someone's fault, and they really just want the ground to open up and swallow them up. The classic would be a defender plays a gentle pass back to the keeper, who then fails to trap the ball with his foot (Enckleman).
  5. Unbelievable - a defender has tried something ludicrously audacious and stuck it in his own net. You literally could not replicate it if you tried 1,000 times (Popovic). 

I'd say Saturday's was either unfortunate or freak, possibly a combination of the two. Many OGs probably combine elements of two or more of the above.

Enjoy this vid, the names in brackets above are all in here.

18 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Proposed categories of own goal:

1. Unfortunate - those OGs that just happen, and there's not much anyone can do. No one is particularly at fault and there's little particularly notable to discuss. Often these result from a cross and the defender just doesn't get the clearance quite right.
  2. Freak - something mad and unusual has happened here, or it's all a bit chaotic, maybe someone is at fault, but it's hard to say who, and it would be nigh on impossible to replicate it. Several ricochets have probably occurred (Kompany).
  3. Comedy - reserved for those that involve defenders ending up in pain - because pain is funny (Bale).
  4. Embarrassing - this one is definitely someone's fault, and they really just want the ground to open up and swallow them up. The classic would be a defender plays a gentle pass back to the keeper, who then fails to trap the ball with his foot (Enckleman).
  5. Unbelievable - a defender has tried something ludicrously audacious and stuck it in his own net. You literally could not replicate it if you tried 1,000 times (Popovic). 

I'd say Saturday's was either unfortunate or freak, possibly a combination of the two. Many OGs probably combine elements of two or more of the above.

Enjoy this vid, the names in brackets above are all in here.

My fav OG of all time, I'd say a good mix of 2, 3, 4 and 5...

Archived