IGNORED

Curtis Fleming

Port Said Red

1 hour ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Most recently he was at Punjab FC for last season as head coach.

They finished 4th in the IPL, he won 6 games out of 15 with them.

Although quite what working in the IPL tells us about anybody is highly debatable. 

I once watched Steve Coppell’s Atletico de Kolkata draw 0-0 with FC Goa in the IPL. Andre Bikey was playing for them. 

8 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Although quite what working in the IPL tells us about anybody is highly debatable. 

Jamie McAllister became our Assistant after coaching in the IPL. In fact if you made a table of the recent places we have got our coaches from it'd be:

• 2 - India Premier League
  • 2 - English FA youth levels
  • 1 - Walsall (good human)

21 hours ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Most recently he was at Punjab FC for last season as head coach.

They finished 4th in the IPL, he won 6 games out of 15 with them.

Before this he worked as assistant manager to Hollowhead at QPR and for Pulis as Boro but won't hold it against him, seems to be a solid character with a lot of knowledge of the game 

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

Before this he worked as assistant manager to Hollowhead at QPR and for Pulis as Boro but won't hold it against him, seems to be a solid character with a lot of knowledge of the game 

As a player he had a large part of his career at Middlesbrough, but to be honest I can't remember him as a player. I know full back isn't necessarily the position you tend to remember, but I remembered his name but nothing else.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

As a player he had a large part of his career at Middlesbrough, but to be honest I can't remember him as a player. I know full back isn't necessarily the position you tend to remember, but I remembered his name but nothing else.

Typical gritty full-back, remember him for RoI too.

On 22/09/2021 at 12:36, Port Said Red said:

Looks like you looked at the same Wiki pages as me. :) I couldn't help looking at their current squad, I can understand how they get a couple of English players with Ashley Westwood as Manager, but they also have a Spanish player. There are a lot of nomadic players out there I know, perhaps someone can remind me who the goalkeeper was that wrote a book on it?

Lutz Pfannenstiel?

"Borrowed" a penguin and kept it in his bath while playing in New Zealand. Bit of a character. 

Archived