IGNORED

George Tanner Signing CONFIRMED

Red Army 75

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Couple of rumours on Twitter. Apparently leaving on there forum. Probably nothing in it . Right back from Carlisle 

How weird.  Watching Class of ‘92 right now and he’s just signed for Salford on loan. Was at Man Utd at the time. Is he better than what we have? No idea about him but that’s NP’s criteria. 

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

How weird.  Watching Class of ‘92 right now and he’s just signed for Salford on loan. Was at Man Utd at the time. Is he better than what we have? No idea about him but that’s NP’s criteria. 

More likely it’s nothing and I’ve never heard of him. :dunno:

19 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Couple of rumours on Twitter. Apparently leaving on there forum. Probably nothing in it . Right back from Carlisle 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

It’s these really random ones though that sometimes turn out to at least have something in them if not come to fruition. 

I think he’d fit the profile of young (21) and hungry (ex-Man Utd looking to get back to a better level).  I’ve seen his name linked somewhere before, not necessarily with us.

This could be the acceptance that with Moore now gone, Vyner will cover both CB and RB, meaning we can’t just have Simpson at RB.  I don’t believe that Taylor or Leeson are at the level to cover like the other young’uns we have.

E9F1E1BB-DE4B-49D3-899C-F49933D76F78.thumb.jpeg.d85ff74e835f8295bb399c1beb1d4628.jpeg

Made 37 league starts last season, 3 goals, and 23 the season before for Morecambe.

Little bit of game time at LB and RWB.

Nicely going about our business. Not a big glamours signing but these ones usually tend to be the ones that work out better anyway. Just glad we've got a RB as its genuinely the weakest position in the team. Another striker will do but we should have enough up top to get us to January. 

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

Would those stats say to you he can make the step up? (Not dissing the move in any way btw!) 

Dunno without seeing him.  Got some video watching to do later.

Also, Nige and Paul Simpson are both ex-Carlisle managers!!!

On an aside, I love a “under the radar” signing.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Dunno without seeing him.  Got some video watching to do later.

Also, Nige and Paul Simpson are both ex-Carlisle managers!!!

On an aside, I love a “under the radar” signing.

Yep very much so. Always get the feeling that more work and review will have gone into them rather than just signing a name / chucking crap against the wall and seeing what sticks which has been our recruitment policy over the last few seasons under MA. 

2 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

My mate has just made an interesting point.

With Moore gone now, is Vyner now the cover at CB; and thus we need another RB as cover for Simpson?

It’s a very good point. Assuming Simpson probs won’t be with us next season as well. Could be a good bit of business.

Archived