IGNORED

George Tanner Signing CONFIRMED

Red Army 75

3 minutes ago, Hocca said:

Simpson is the cover

I meant if Vyner is having to cover at CB, then Simpson would be first choice at RB. I think NP is alternating them at RB anyhow.

Would be asking a lot for Tanner to step into the Championship from L2 straight away.

4 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

300K is a lot of money nowadays for a L2 defender.

I wonder if other clubs were involved, and we've had to up our bid to get him?

It'll all come out in the mix of course. ?

Not really, 300k was a lot of money to spend on Aden Flint according to SO'D - and that was post-relegation.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not really, 300k was a lot of money to spend on Aden Flint according to SO'D - and that was post-relegation.

Happy to pay the money on the basis of in NP we trust.

Transfer fees below the PL after Covid are ridiculously low though. With 90% of them being free transfers.

Can't think of any other players from L2 clubs that have moved for that sort of money in this window. Hence my point about having to out bid other potential suitors; and the price being forced up.

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I’ll have to take your word for it, Dave. Can only make out a tiny blue arrow on my phone! ?

sorry, will try to look at making them device specific in future….there is a feature in the software, but I’ve not had time to look at it.

5 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Happy to pay the money on the basis of in NP we trust.

Transfer fees below the PL after Covid are ridiculously low though. With 90% of them being free transfers.

Can't think of any other players from L2 clubs that have moved for that sort of money in this window. Hence my point about having to out bid other potential suitors; and the price being forced up.

Exeter allegedly turned down. £1m+ for Josh Key from Peterborough. I can’t believe he wouldn’t have been on our radar, and you wonder if the Exeter friendly and loan of Owura is recognition at last that it would be good to build relationships with the Grecian.

£300k is high in this market from Lg2 but if you want them now, it’s a low fee really, especially with wages too.

4 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

In time perhaps, but isn't he a few months off; and NP has made the point that he's never actually seen him play?

Yep, he did…he also said he didn’t know if Baker could play LB.  in hindsight I wonder if he’s being economical with the truth.

So, with caveat of looking at that video only.

Can pass and tackle with both feet.

Looks strong.

Looks quick enough.

Passing is sharp, accurate and progressive.

I particularly like the tackles, where is up out of the tackle with ball at his feet.

One question has to be "where's he been hiding?" Especially in this day and age of stats, videos and so on.

13 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

In time perhaps, but isn't he a few months off; and NP has made the point that he's never actually seen him play?

I think we all know that Pearson would have an idea if Cundy is a first team prospect or not. Do you think he hasn't watched videos of his loan spells, talked to various contacts he trusts etc? 

8 minutes ago, Flagon said:

https://eflanalysis.com/analysis/george-tanner-at-morecambe-2019-20-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Good analysis of him here. Says primarily a right back who can play higher up but can also go left back.

Edward Walker is in my fanalyst group on Discord, covers Burton primarily, but is one the more respected ones on there.

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Exeter allegedly turned down. £1m+ for Josh Key from Peterborough. I can’t believe he wouldn’t have been on our radar, and you wonder if the Exeter friendly and loan of Owura is recognition at last that it would be good to build relationships with the Grecian.

I know from someone who used to be in a position at Exeter that from their perspective we treated then with disdain at best.

Building bridges would benefit both clubs.

Archived