IGNORED

George Tanner Signing CONFIRMED

Red Army 75

15 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

So, the lad has made the perilous journey from the frozen North to the balmy skies of Bristol.  Twice in his interview he referred to us as “a massive club”.  I really can’t begin to imagine his utter confusion when he wasn’t handed a blue and white quartered shirt upon his arrival. ? . 

Anyway, welcome to the Gate, Mickey

Might be something to this, as he mentioned 'in tents' a couple of times too!

Anyway, welcome George! Might this also start to be a little of the NP influence too, attracting this calibre of youngster to AG..?

1 hour ago, Dan Robin said:

I would have bet on the arrival of a striker, but not a RB, so I'm a bit surprised.

Welcome to City, George!

I’m not surprised having seen the piss poor RBs we have at the club. Screaming out for a decent RB who can actually pass, run as well as attack & defend 

It's been a long time since I've seen a transfer move from a name first being mentioned to confirmed signing in only 4.5 hours.

NP certainly keeps a tight ship on any targets/signings that's for sure. There was literally nothing on Social media at all from either end to indicate this transfer was going to happen before around midday today.

Fingers crossed that GT won't be the last signing before 11pm tomorrow.

Welcome to Bristol City George ?

What I like about this is we have essentially signed Simpson’s replacement a year early. Tanner gets a year to develop and get up to speed. Hopefully he’ll get some games and he might even become a regular but there is absolutely no pressure as we have two right backs already. And then, in a year’s time, he is hopefully here, settled and able to slot in when Simpson’s contract expires…

2 minutes ago, samo II said:

I’d guess play.

Think NP isn’t one for buying and stashing players. 

If he's a man of his word then Tanner will play. Pearson said only 3 days ago in the pre-Cardiff press conference that he's "not a believer in collecting players".

Would you expect to have another body or two in before the deadline?

No. I’m not really too worried about that. Regardless of what other people talk about in this window...If something happens late in this window, it happens but as it stands, we aren’t or there is no intention to add.

Unless we bring a loaner in in one or two different positions that we’ve looked at it but again, I’m not going to force the issues. I’m not going to bring people in for the sake of it. We either get the people that we’re trying to bring in or we go with what we’ve got. It’s fairly straightforward in my head. I’m not a believer in collecting players.

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

If he's a man of his word then Tanner will play. Pearson said only 3 days ago in the pre-Cardiff press conference that he's "not a believer in collecting players".

No. I’m not really too worried about that. Regardless of what other people talk about in this window...If something happens late in this window, it happens but as it stands, we aren’t or there is no intention to add.

Unless we bring a loaner in in one or two different positions that we’ve looked at it but again, I’m not going to force the issues. I’m not going to bring people in for the sake of it. We either get the people that we’re trying to bring in or we go with what we’ve got. It’s fairly straightforward in my head. I’m not a believer in collecting players.

Pokerface

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

I suspect in reality Tanner is simultaneously one for the future, and one who could play now. Both things can be true.

Someone mentioned him perhaps being Simpson’s replacement a year early, and that’s maybe true. But if last year taught us anything, odds are if you’re in the squad you’ll get called on.

10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I love a good smokescreen, me

21 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

‘One for the future’ or here to play? 

Bit of both would be my guess. Dip in and out in preparation to replace Simpson next season. 

And with a name like Tanner I hope he skins a few rather than leathering it up field...sorry!

Maybe is a player like Adomah who steps forward and plays better game by game.

I would like to have a more positive reaction about everything that is happening.

We are used to be negative in every way about our team and that won't help at all. In other words, is better to have another RB when we lack options that don't have it at all. If he does good, we did it ! If he doesn't, is not worse than before and not a lot of money.

It's quite amusing.

I follow the transfer section of OTIB and this guy (who could knock on my front door and  I would be be clueless about his identity) rocks up and signs for us and not a single whisper had come from the corridors of power at the gate. And now he is on the pay roll. Understudy for SIMPSON who knows, but rest assured he will have been watched and scouted for some time before the deal happens.  

Fair play I say to those who kept that under wraps for a while. Wonder who else is perhaps being watched  & hunted in a similar manner. Great stuff

8 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

It's quite amusing.

I follow the transfer section of OTIB and this guy (who could knock on my front door and  I would be be clueless about his identity) rocks up and signs for us and not a single whisper had come from the corridors of power at the gate. And now he is on the pay roll. Understudy for SIMPSON who knows, but rest assured he will have been watched and scouted for some time before the deal happens.  

Fair play I say to those who kept that under wraps for a while. Wonder who else is perhaps being watched  & hunted in a similar manner. Great stuff

Serious questions need to be asked

Archived