Jump to content
IGNORED

George Tanner Signing CONFIRMED


Red Army 75
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just thinking about previous full backs we have picked up and either from lower league clubs or academies (LBs I know)

Darren Barnard - Chelsea academy

Martin Scott - Rotherham

Mickey Bell - Wycombe 

There is still quality out there if you search for it and you know what you are looking for??

  • Like 4
  • Robin 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Just thinking about previous full backs we have picked up and either from lower league clubs or academies (LBs I know)

Darren Barnard - Chelsea academy

Martin Scott - Rotherham

Mickey Bell - Wycombe 

There is still quality out there if you search for it and you know what you are looking for??

Bryan Drysdale - Hartlepool United

  • Like 1
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, INCRED said:

Just thinking about previous full backs we have picked up and either from lower league clubs or academies (LBs I know)

Darren Barnard - Chelsea academy

Martin Scott - Rotherham

Mickey Bell - Wycombe 

There is still quality out there if you search for it and you know what you are looking for??

Definitely nice to see a new name, not the recycled rumours like Tom Lees.  This does not have the old Mark Ashton database feel to it does it?

Started a 10 minute clip download before I popped out to see the moon at Bristol Cathedral.  It’ll be warts n all and yesterday’s opener for Hartlepool wasn’t his best 10 seconds!!!

But if you want his best bits:

From the guy who did the analysis on him earlier in this thread:

image.thumb.png.dd0cb80601889514e78125e0b865714d.png

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Robin 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On Sky Sports the ticker tape at the foot of the screen states "Bristol City have signed full back George Tanner from Carlisle.

Have we though? Nothing on the OS (nor Carlisle's), nothing on here and nothing on facebook.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Definitely nice to see a new name, not the recycled rumours like Tom Lees.  This does not have the old Mark Ashton database feel to it does it?

Started a 10 minute clip download before I popped out to see the moon at Bristol Cathedral.  It’ll be warts n all and yesterday’s opener for Hartlepool wasn’t his best 10 seconds!!!

But if you want his best bits:

From the guy who did the analysis on him earlier in this thread:

image.thumb.png.dd0cb80601889514e78125e0b865714d.png

Doesn’t seem to be much of an advert for the rest of Carlisle’s forward line. The chances they miss. Barn door and banjo spring to mind

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks genuinely two footed, maybe prefers his right over his left slightly judging by the clips.

I wish these videos would concentrate some of the time on the defensive side, I have seen clips from his youth career, but not much from his professional career.  The one worrying thing I noticed and I can't back this up from his league career as there is not much to go on, is he likes to go to ground a lot.  I personally don't like this in a defender.  get it wrong and you are massively exposed, so lets hope that the person putting that show reel together just seems to like slide tackling :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Doesn’t seem to be much of an advert for the rest of Carlisle’s forward line. The chances they miss. Barn door and banjo spring to mind

Loads of times you watch highlight reels from the bottom two divisions & the finishing is ******* awful.

This must be what it’s like to watch that absolute shower over the river.

Anyway, this lad has signed now, three year contract, option for a fourth.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CITY ADD TANNER TO THEIR RANKS

MONDAY, AUGUST 30TH 2021

George Tanner has completed a transfer to Ashton Gate for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old has agreed terms on a three-year deal from Carlisle United, with the option of a further 12 months.

Tanner, who predominantly operates at right-back, arrived at the Robins High Performance this morning to undergo his medical, meet his new teammates and staff, before conducting his media duties.  

 

  • Gallery image
  •  
  • Gallery image
  •  
  • Gallery image
  •  
  • Gallery image
  •  
  • Gallery image
  •  
  • Gallery image
  •  
  • Gallery image
  •  
  • Gallery image
  •  
  • Gallery image
  •  
  • Gallery image

On the signing, Nigel Pearson said: “When building a squad, it’s always important to have an eye on the future as well as the present. Signing George represents this point perfectly.

“Our Academy is excellent in producing players capable of making the progression to the first team arena preferably with us, but it is also important to look for players for the future from elsewhere too.

“George was a part of the Man Utd Academy, and he’s broken into the Carlisle United first team and there’s real promise for further development.”

Tanner joined Manchester United as a youngster and secured a place on their scholarship programme before signing his first professional contract with them in January 2018.

He has since had spells on loan at Morecambe and Salford before joining Carlisle United in August 2020 on a two-year deal.

Tanner made a total of 48 appearances for the Blues, scoring three goals.

  • Flames 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TRL said:

Looks genuinely two footed, maybe prefers his right over his left slightly judging by the clips.

I wish these videos would concentrate some of the time on the defensive side, I have seen clips from his youth career, but not much from his professional career.  The one worrying thing I noticed and I can't back this up from his league career as there is not much to go on, is he likes to go to ground a lot.  I personally don't like this in a defender.  get it wrong and you are massively exposed, so lets hope that the person putting that show reel together just seems to like slide tackling :)

As per my post above I have a 10 min d/l that covers lots of different things.  If I can get around copyright stuff I will put it up.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

As per my post above I have a 10 min d/l that covers lots of different things.  If I can get around copyright stuff I will put it up.

Nice one.  Most of the defensive stuff I found was from his ManYoo academy days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • The title was changed to George Tanner Signing CONFIRMED

Welcome to the club. Given the age I guess he'll need to prove himself a bit - I'd be surprised if he's the starting RB against Preston. Good to have a dedicated right-sided player in their twenties though, as I think Vyner has gone on record saying he'd prefer/thinks of himself as a CB rather than a RB. Presumably Vyner is now RB/CB cover, with Tanner and Simpson contesting/being rotated in the RB starting spot.

Quite a balanced defence now really.

RB - Simpson, Tanner, Vyner

CB - Atkinson, Kalas, Baker, Vyner, Cundy, Towler

LB - Dasilva, Pring, Baker

Two 'specialists' in both full back positions, plus CBs that can play there if tactics demand it (as we saw on Saturday). Then 3 first choice CBs to cover 2 positions, plus 3 others who could play there in a pinch or if injuries happen. Feels like the right amount of personnel to cover that area of the squad.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...