IGNORED

George Tanner Signing CONFIRMED

Red Army 75

5 hours ago, Marco the red said:

The interesting thing for me is that it is a 3 year deal + 1 which tells me they have high hopes. There have been a number of young players over the years who have got 2 year deals etc.

The same 3 + 1 that Atkinson is on, maybe it's the current preference?

Didn't Pearson say he wont collect players just for the sake of it. 

Think Tanner will be here to play. Pearson wont be afraid of chucking him in at the deep end, he's done so with many of our younger players already. 

Looking forward to seeing him play, we do need more going forward on that side. 

9 hours ago, Marco the red said:

The interesting thing for me is that it is a 3 year deal + 1 which tells me they have high hopes. There have been a number of young players over the years who have got 2 year deals etc.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The same 3 + 1 that Atkinson is on, maybe it's the current preference?

Become more and more the “norm” as we established ourselves in the Championship.

I can’t see him not being in the squad next game.

Vyner isn’t for me a long term right back option (neither was Moore), and Simpson already has shown he isn’t all that durable.

Blood the kid; worst case scenario, he’s a punt that doesn’t pay off. Best case scenario; he’s an absolute gem, and we finally have a solid right back long term.

Middle ground; he takes time to find his feet two levels up, but then is ready to step up next year, when we likely won’t have Simpson on the team and he gets a lot more time.

• Admin
21 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Looks steady enough.  Will check some video out later.

885E3C91-0405-4C34-999D-56F3B36C1718.jpeg

F165ADBC-78FC-416B-B0E9-DD912914E4B2.jpeg

9D6813D3-E523-4FA9-A289-115EF6347D8B.jpeg

CBBDF143-C655-4846-BBDE-04C4F3083D00.jpeg

515B69A9-03A4-4CA3-869B-9C328FCE55FC.jpeg

Looking through the charts there are a lot of examples of him doing things well but not often, such as cross accuracy for example. If you then cross reference this with Carlisle having the second least possession and lowest accurate passes (I couldn’t find a total passes table) last season, it suggests that we could have a very good player on our hands. 

Then watching the various videos that have been posted, I think he would particularly suit our counter attacking style away from home.

The thing I like the look of that as a full back there's videos of him right up at the edge of the opposition penalty area delivery crosses which are tough to defend i.e. at awkward heights and speeds for defenders.

We've traditionally had right backs who are defensive minded first and foremost and then we sort of hope they can get by when attacking such as Hunt who could delivery a good ball via a cross, but couldn't pass 5 yards. Vyner is more defensively minded, but has a go attacking, can delivery a good pass, but his crossing is poor.

Hopefully this will be similar to a Mickey Bell on the right.

13 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

interesting comment mrr, looked up nicky tanner and it looks  like George may have roots in bristol?

I played in the same Sunday league team as Nicky Tanner in Staple Hill.

For me he wasn’t even the best player in our team, his fellow centre half had just turned down an apprenticeship with Hereford United, who were in the football league then, as he wanted to join the marines.

That chap was one of those irritating individuals who seemed to have everything, good looking, a brilliant footballer but also a really nice lad.

Tanner, on the other hand, not so much..

8 minutes ago, Super said:

That was Dave Barrett back in my day!

Yep, phoned in once late at night to complain they weren't mentioning that night's City away win at Notts County on their news bulletins.

Also found myself walking up Park Street behind him once - he was quite a large chap and was struggling.

This one is an educated gamble. There's no knowing how good he is, or could be, until he's played a wedge of games at Championship level. With his pedigree and now having experience of league football, he's worth a crack.

Archived