IGNORED

Local matches today

myol'man

32 minutes ago, Mr Chappers said:

Cadbury Heath 0 Bridlington 2, not a classic, with CH blaming the ref rather than their own pretty lax defending. Enjoyed it though, and a new ground.

I think you mean Brislington? ? Bridlington Town are my local team (and were at home to Cleethorpes today). Nice little set up. I go and watch every now and then.

1 hour ago, everreddy said:

Bradford Town 0  Westbury United 2, in the Hellenc Premier League.

Watching BT was rather like watching BC lump it forward in hope, last season.

The best  bit was walking the few hundred yards home ........

1 hour ago, Mr Chappers said:

Cadbury Heath 0 Bridlington 2, not a classic, with CH blaming the ref rather than their own pretty lax defending. Enjoyed it though, and a new ground.

I was close, was the Ring Road derby with Brislington (Auto-correct issue)

59 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

What was the game like / score, Bill ?

I would have joined you but it was ‘er indoors birthday today, so no chance of getting away ! ?

It was a highly entertaining 2-2 draw, a really good game with some classy stuff played. Merthyr we’re deservedly 2-0 up at h/t. Yate got one back early in the 2nd half, then the game became so open and exciting. Merthyr had several clear chances to wrap the game up, but Yate scored late on and nearly won it.

Cracking game of football, over 400 there, with about 150 travelling from Merthyr!  

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

It was a highly entertaining 2-2 draw, a really good game with some classy stuff played. Merthyr we’re deservedly 2-0 up at h/t. Yate got one back early in the 2nd half, then the game became so open and exciting. Merthyr had several clear chances to wrap the game up, but Yate scored late on and nearly won it.

Cracking game of football, over 400 there, with about 150 travelling from Merthyr!  

Sounds like a good day out !

Last time I went to Yate they drew 2-2 with Newport County in FAC.

311 at Manor Farm today. Solid 2-0 win over Mangotsfield. 

Was a tight contest until a redcard for the away side, who will feel disappointed with some of the chances missed. Good win for Manor Farm, and good to see Dean stamp return after a couple of years away 

3 hours ago, everreddy said:

Bradford Town 0  Westbury United 2, in the Hellenc Premier League.

Watching BT was rather like watching BC lump it forward in hope, last season.

The best  bit was walking the few hundred yards home ........

West Wilts Derby should have been a Sky game

16 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Went to Gloucester City v Kettering. Crowd of 2000, but Tigers disappointing...no cutting edge. Lost 2-0.

I was there yesterday , Kettering upped their game second half and deserved the win. Gloucester only looked lovely when they brought the young No19 on . Had the pleasure of standing next to our SLO  Gerry in the second half, always good to chat with him. 
the ground is decent as well, must have raised it 12 ft above last ground and you can still see the old terracing that remains behind one of the goals. 

could be off to watch Farm v Totton on Saturday 

Archived