IGNORED

The reason you should use the train to QPR Millwall and peterborough

Never to the dark side

I've never been to Peterborough so I thought I would take a look at train prices. They vary throughout the morning between £54 and £121 single! There is one train for £49 but that gets in just after 1pm, not sure how far ground is away etc, but thats' still too steep for me. No thanks.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I've never been to Peterborough so I thought I would take a look at train prices. They vary throughout the morning between £54 and £121 single! There is one train for £49 but that gets in just after 1pm, not sure how far ground is away etc, but thats' still too steep for me. No thanks.

From memory the ground`s only about five or ten minutes from the station if you are tempted mate.

20 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

From memory the ground`s only about five or ten minutes from the station if you are tempted mate.

As one who lives here, I'd say 10 -15 mins depending on your fitness. Definitely more than five mins.

That pub "The Cherry Tree" at the London Road end of Oundle Road which offered cheap parking and welcomed visiting fans has closed since City were last up here.

37 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I am tempted, love a new ( to me) ground, so I will try and go but probably good old CATS for me.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Have been to there ground is only 15mins walk and you go through the town centre if you want a pint ,

It may be cheeper to buy a Bristol to London & London to Peterborough tickets 

This thread made me check the trains as I’m undecided about driving or training it to the Peterborough game. 
£9.80 for me and the missus from Huntingdon with 25 min drive to my parents, 15 min walk to station. 

or drive to pboro for about 40 mins then not sure where to park. As where my dad used to park by the ground when he had a season ticket up there are all resident permit holders only. Or pay to park and chuck it in the queens gate

12 hours ago, phantom said:

Depends on the ticket you buy

If you buy including tube zones or a travelcard it is included 

Also, if you have a train photo card (like from a railcard), under 16’s are free on the underground, and 16/17 year olds travel half price. 
If you don’t have a travelcard with your  train ticket, never buy a ticket- just tap in and out (you must do both) with your bank debit card and you get the cheaper Oyster fares.

5 minutes ago, 22A said:

There is still a car park on the left side of the junction of London Road & Oundle Road diagonally opposite the ground.

image.png.42de824831a8c6ead0a18438c478e95c.png

Is that where they have the funfair every year on that car park? Or am I thinking of somewhere else near there. 

12 hours ago, StGeorge said:

Challenge for you, get me a feasible train from Milwall back to Briz, Stroud, Glos on the evening concerned. Beyond me.

Sod the trains - too expensive, sometimes dirty, and unreliable, not guaranteed a seat. Dreadful service.

National Express coach around £6 return to Victoria from Bristol for the Millwall game, a bit longer but much better. You get a guaranteed seat, its clean, its much cheaper, and they run late into the evening/early morning. Great value.

19 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Sod the trains - too expensive, sometimes dirty, and unreliable, not guaranteed a seat. Dreadful service.

National Express coach around £6 return to Victoria from Bristol for the Millwall game, a bit longer but much better. You get a guaranteed seat, its clean, its much cheaper, and they run late into the evening/early morning. Great value.

Plus, on board there is always a jolly hostess selling crisps and tea, who’ll provide you with drinks and theatrical winks for a sky high fee.

11 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Thanks 01, I'll look into it.

PS I do know the song  ?

Archived